GUILTY NC - Maggie Daniels, 31, murdered in her Newton apartment, 27 June 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
August 2, 2014:: SUSPECT IDENTIFIED: Newton PD search for suspect in connection to Maggie Daniels' death, but can't find alleged killer
Read more: http://www.hickoryrecord.com/news/s...cle_fa92a79e-19f5-11e4-a1b1-0017a43b2370.html

OMG!!! What??!! They can't locate the suspect??!

How was the suspect not under surveillance after they went to all the trouble of obtaining the multiple search warrants? They obviously thought he was a serious contender - isn't it standard to keep watching them in a situation like that?

They'd better find him. People will be outraged!!! And rightly so.

Did you guys notice that bit about the NBC tweet?????? Wonder if it tipped him off?

How was the suspect not under surveillance after they went to all the trouble of obtaining the multiple search warrants? They obviously thought he was a serious contender - isn't it standard to keep watching them in a situation like that?

Call John Walsh..he'll find them!

I found the "deleted Tweet" - I'd post a screen shot of the news station screen shot but it's not a MSM tweet. nursebeeme?

If it was deleted we cannot post a screen cap. We also don't want to repeat that media mistake :facepalm:

So Where IS this dude? I agree they should have been keeping an eye on him!!!!

Maybe the van was also taken by investigators

Makes sense, LJP -- IMO, the 2nd S/W was prolly for the van. LE typically tows the vehicle(s) to their own storage area and that is where they search -- I've never known them to do a thorough, "top to bottom" vehicle search on the premises of the owner, etc.

Who knoze what the 3rd was... Was there a 2nd vehicle?

bbm

Good point, Isis -- It's not unusual at all. I don't know how this LE office is staffed, but surely they could spare a couple of patrol officers in plain-clothes/plain vehicle on the usual 12-hr shifts to watch/follow this person. And they could have gotten lucky if he had discarded a cigarette or a beverage can and gotten something with his DNA on it -- as long as it's grabbed on public property, it's legal. You've just got to show that there was no doubt that it was his. This was done in a very bad case here in Raleigh, and since it matched DNA from the victim (rape), it was probable cause to arrest him.

Maybe they are watching him and are just waiting for probable cause to arrest him -- crossing fingers...

I have a gut feeling this is not a first time event for this suspect.
I bet his mother knows more than she's letting on.

'Hope they catch him soon. I think they will.

This is a pretty big story yet no other mention by msm???!

Well, of course Pollyanna-me responds here.... Maybe they're close to nabbing him and are giving no details till they do. It's possible...

Interesting. Saw a tweet "fingers crossed" on a friend of MDs Twitter about 5ish EST yesterday. Wondered if something was coming down and now wonder if the news station had contacts elsewhere and the leak widened and now we're chasing the killer.

I just saw the tweet copied to someone's Twitter feed. It was at about 730 yesterday and said they made an arrest and to tune in to the 11p news. Irresponsible.

I'm thinking it's an error in the small town LE's part. Find the suspect and find him now.

I've never seen a name not released. Usually they release suspects name and it's released all over the media and suspect is found through LE or public tips. The suspect obviously already knows he's caught since he's on the run so what's the point of hiding his name?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back