GUILTY NC - Maggie Daniels, 31, murdered in her Newton apartment, 27 June 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is such a tragedy.

I wonder if her door had a peep hole?

She seems very trusting so even if her door was locked she might have opened it anyway.

I listened to the 911 call and it appears to me that the caller was outside with some people who probably went into the apartment with him. You can hear them talking in the background. I think they asked him something and while he was on with 911, he answered them "i didn't touch it".

I also think they cut out the 911 call because you would ALWAYS get the persons name and number. Always. The 911 call was then transferred the caller to medical control for a ambulance.

He is speaking in a strong southern accent and most definitely said "touch her". He also referred to her as "she" and "my friend." Why would he then alternately refer to her as "it"? Especially when is not even sure if she is no longer alive?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I checked Match.com and did not see an active profile for her on there. I am wondering about the places she would have gone running. If she was an avid runner, as mentioned in the article (http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Two-...death-of-Newton-school-teacher-266805661.html), I would be looking at the individuals who would have seen her out running (i.e., the houses she ran past).

If she didn't show up for dinner, I would surmise the attack happened between the Walmart visit and dinner window, which leads me to think perhaps the individual was aware Maggie was a teacher and out for the summer and thus likely to be home during the day. Just my diagnonsense... who knows...

If he saw her laying on the ground and he was a friend why he make sure she was alive and shake her, call her name to see if she responds, try and see if she was breathing, etc...sounds very strange

If the was with 2 other people, the mother and daughter... he may have been farther behind them and not that close to the body to touch it but close enough to see she looked dead. He may have just backed out and called 911.

De rigueur question: what do we know about the boyfriend?

She does have a boyfriend. Nothing has been released in the media about it so I don't want to post any details. I don't know if her family wants to keep that information private or what. He is an amazing person and I truly believe he has nothing at all to do with it. He is very upset.

Is the lady that found her dead the same lady she went to Walmart with?
The lady who who was shopping with Maggie has asked not to be identified whereas the lady who found her has been named in MSM so I'm thinking that they are two different people. imo

July 10, 2014

NEWTON, N.C. -- The woman who was shopping with Maggie Daniels on the last day of her life says she has no idea who killed the 31-year-old Newton high school teacher and guidance counselor.

The woman is not considered a suspect by police and asked not to be identified.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Maggie-Daniels-friend-remembers-her-final-day-266651331.html

June 28, 2014

Maggie Daniels, 31, was found dead in her apartment Saturday morning by a former co-worker and mentor who was concerned when she couldn’t reach Daniels. Addie Shuford had made plans to meet Daniels Friday evening and Daniels never showed up. Shuford said Daniels was “like a daughter” to her.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Newton-Police-conduct-death-investigation-265054121.html

My thoughts are that maybe the friend did not like all the attention after Maggie was first found, so chose not to be identified in further news articles.

He is speaking in a strong southern accent and most definitely said "touch her". He also referred to her as "she" and "my friend." Why would he then alternately refer to her as "it"? Especially when is not even sure if she is no longer alive?

I think the people he was with were asking him questions like for example did you touch the ???? and he said I didn't touch it. Feel so bad for him, seeing someone lying there. The very first post a neighbor said he heard a scream "shes not breathing".

LE is really doing a great job. I think this will be solved, imo. Now they are getting a 2nd search warrant for her cell phone records. And also asking businees for surveillance cameras across from the repair shop.

From enzender's link: “I walked in the bedroom,” she recalled, shaking her head. “There she laid.”

Shuford said Daniels was face-down on the floor with a broken mirror nearby. She didn’t appear to be bleeding from any cuts, but Shuford knew she was dead.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Newton-Police-conduct-death-investigation-265054121.html

Since she was lying facedown there must have been livor mortis to her face. It was obvious she was dead, no one had to touch her to know.

She does have a boyfriend. Nothing has been released in the media about it so I don't want to post any details. I don't know if her family wants to keep that information private or what. He is an amazing person and I truly believe he has nothing at all to do with it. He is very upset.

There was a brief mention of Maggie's boyfriend in this earlier article.

Jul. 02, 2014

McCorkle said he thinks Daniels had a boyfriend who lives in South Carolina and visited her once or twice a month. Addie Shuford confirmed that Daniels had a boyfriend, but she would not discuss details.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...lor-announced.html#.U8C9JJS_RDQ#storylink=cpy

Article from 2011 when Maggie was named Teacher of the Year.

May 5, 2011: NCCS names TOY
Read more: http://www.observernewsonline.com/content/nccs-names-toy

She's passionate. She has the power to teach and inspire students. And she always takes time to spread cheer to her co-workers. Who is she? Maggie Daniels — Newton-Conover City Schools' 2011-12 Teacher of the Year.

aox1yd.jpg

She was such a beautiful woman. May she rest in peace.

By LE releasing the video footage, I think they really have no idea who killed her and are hoping for breaks from the public. Imo, there would be no reason to release it at this point if they had a suspect. But jmo.

By LE releasing the video footage, I think they really have no idea who killed her and are hoping for breaks from the public. Imo, there would be no reason to release it at this point if they had a suspect. But jmo.
Unless, maybe, LE is trying to tie a suspect to Maggie's shopping trip. But, wouldn't they also have surveillance of the suspect at Walmart? Maybe Maggie and her shopping companion went their separate ways inside the store, and LE is looking for someone who may have witnessed an interaction between Maggie and a suspect??? IDK. JMO.

One of the comments states that she was alive at 7pm on Friday night because she liked one of her instagram pics... What time was she supposed to meet her friend for dinner and what time did that friend go to her apartment to check on her?
I noticed that comment, too, and hope the young lady relayed that info to LE. I'm not sure Maggie and her friend were supposed to meet for dinner or maybe drinks, a movie, etc.

<snipped>
Maggie Daniels, 31, was found dead in her apartment Saturday morning by a former co-worker and mentor who was concerned when she couldn&#8217;t reach Daniels. A S had made plans to meet Daniels Friday evening and Daniels never showed up. [She] said Daniels was &#8220;like a daughter&#8221; to her.

Have you guys seen the last comment here?!
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/maggie-daniels-surveillance-photo/ngbhs/?__federated=1

Yeah it is quite unsettling in my opinion, but it could be totally unrelated.
If you're talking about the comic strip, the M D in that episode broke free. But, it made me wonder if Maggie was tied up when she was found. I didn't get a sense that the 911 caller had gotten a good look at the body, but perhaps made the call when one the women shouted at him to call the police.

Maggie Daniels is such a common name, and I found an actress, author and other public figures with the same name, that it would not be alarming that an artist/writer chose that name for a character even with similarities (e.g., hair color) to Maggie. MOO

Is this what you (and the poster on the wsoctv website) are referencing, or am I missing something else? TY!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70
Back