GUILTY NC - Maggie Daniels, 31, murdered in her Newton apartment, 27 June 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The spelling of his name on that misdemeanour charge that I posted a link to a while back on the thread had it exactly the same as MSM: Sharman. (sorry, no time to go back and find that link this minute!)

Could the Sherman spelling be an error?

The spelling of his name on that misdemeanour charge that I posted a link to a while back on the thread had it exactly the same as MSM: Sharman. (sorry, no time to go back and find that link this minute!)

Could the Sherman spelling be an error?

Thanks, that's how I've seen it spelled on MSM also. Could be a mistake yes, I'd like to think not for the court record.

It drives me crazy that LE states Maggie and Odom didn't know each other when Twitter says otherwise. I'm sure they didn't know each other well, but enough. Then the whole picking-up-the-car thing is driving me crazy as well. From the articles I read, Odom tried to pick up the car the morning she was found (so after the murder), but according to emmknits and other sources, her car was at the apts when her body was found. Something isn't adding up. Maybe he was successful in getting her car very early that morning. ???

Just because he followed her on Twitter, doesn't mean they knew each other. She did not follow him back when I checked nor did she ever reply (that I know of) to anything he tweeted to her. He at least knew her name and was able to find her on twitter. The local news station here showed a surveillance video from a convenience store where Odom was playing video games. Maggie walked in with a friend and bought a drink. Odom and Maggie never acknowledged each other in that clip. I haven't been able to find that story/video online or I would post it. I also don't know how long ago that video was recorded. Maybe he really wanted to know her and have some type of relationship but she showed no interest and that could lead to a possible motive for all of this.

Also, it has never been confirmed to my knowledge that Odom was the one who tried to pick up her car. There was a news story where they questioned employees about a man who tried to pick up her car then there was a news story where Odom's van was at the same shop and he needed it worked on the same day her body was found. Nothing I've watched/read/heard says that while ODOM was there, he also tried to get Maggie's car. We can all assume it was him since he was known to be at the repair shop the same day, but no one has actually come out and said it was him who asked for her car.

It would be interesting to know if her car was in her spot on Friday night when her friend came and knocked on the door to check on her. If my friend didn't meet me for supper, wouldn't answer any calls/texts, and her car was in her driveway or parking spot, but she wouldn't come to the door, I would surely be contacting someone whether it was family, another friend, or police. It makes me wonder if the car was there Friday night. I would assume it wasn't since no one found it odd that her car was there and she couldn't be reached.

I'm new to the forum. I met Maggie once because we share two mutual friends who were very close to her. I've kept up with this since day one and I'm just glad I've found a board with people as interested in this as much as I am.

Welcome ah25!!

:welcome6:

Great to have you here! :seeya:

Welcome to Websleuths ah25! You are definitely in good company here, we're a little obsessed, but in a good way :happydance:

Maybe the friend who made the 911 call told her he and whoever would go pick up her car and bring it to her Saturday morning. They could have worked out a deal, I don't know. So her friend picks up the car and drives the car to her Sat morning and that's why he's there and able to make the 911 call. Just a theory since it's never been confirmed Odom was the one who wanted her car and it makes no sense to me as to why he would want to take it back to the appt. It would seem that would only connect him further to the crime.

Here's an article with quotes from the manager of the repair shop. I apologize if it's already been posted. He never mentions Odom trying to pick up her car. From a previous news story we know there was a man who tried to get the car that morning, but it never says it was him.
http://www.hickoryrecord.com/news/m...cle_2033df20-1ceb-11e4-ab16-0017a43b2370.html

I've not seen this article before. I found this interesting:

At one point, the two were talking about their girlfriends. Stone told Odom his girlfriend is a school teacher.

“He said his girl was a school teacher, too,” Stone said.

Stone recalled seeing some scratches and cuts on Odom’s face, but didn’t think much of it.

“Yeah, there sure were (marks on his face),” Stone said. “He looked like he was cut up. It looked like he had been in an altercation.”

After Stone finished working on the vehicle, Odom left, and the mechanic didn’t think twice about it.

He wished Maggie was his girlfriend :gaah:

Not a single mention of Odom trying to get her car. Interesting. I guess it's possible LE asked him not to speak about it if it happened.

I found that quote interesting as well. You're right, the manager could have been told to keep quiet about that detail. I want to say the employee they interviewed about someone wanting to get her car wasn't the manager.

Hi there, I've been stalking this page for a while.. MD was my neighbor, but I did not know her personally. We exchanged a friendly hello on occasion in passing, otherwise I did not know her. A couple things you guys have been speculating over here on this site has me baffled too..

I can definitely tell you MD's car was certainly home at the time her body was found that morning of 06/28. How it got there I have no idea, or if it was there the night before, I don't know that either. I didn't pay well enough attention to that when I got home on Friday night.

MD definitely did sunbathe in the front yard, often. I never thought much of it because the area in the back is mostly covered by a thick brush of trees between us and the school yard and it does stay pretty well shaded back there.

As for the neighbor who states she saw MD with SO in the past.. Same neighbor told me this as well, just after she saw the pics of SO online on Saturday. I told her then I thought she might have SO confused with one of MD's other friends bc as far as I knew she hadn't really known SO on a personal level, other than maybe just as a friendly neighbor type thing.
bbm - emmknits, what type of vehicle did Maggie drive?. tia

A black Chevrolet van was towed to Speed Latino, an auto repair in Newton, June 26, according to shop manager and mechanic Adam Stone.

Aug 5, 2014: http://www.hickoryrecord.com/news/m...cle_2033df20-1ceb-11e4-ab16-0017a43b2370.html
Neighbors say he has, for the most part, stayed in his apartment since the murder, and a white van he was known to drive has not been seen recently.

August 1, 2014: http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/crim...esting-in-newton-homicide-continues/13482931/

Just because he followed her on Twitter, doesn't mean they knew each other. She did not follow him back when I checked nor did she ever reply (that I know of) to anything he tweeted to her. He at least knew her name and was able to find her on twitter. The local news station here showed a surveillance video from a convenience store where Odom was playing video games. Maggie walked in with a friend and bought a drink. Odom and Maggie never acknowledged each other in that clip. I haven't been able to find that story/video online or I would post it. I also don't know how long ago that video was recorded. Maybe he really wanted to know her and have some type of relationship but she showed no interest and that could lead to a possible motive for all of this.

Also, it has never been confirmed to my knowledge that Odom was the one who tried to pick up her car. There was a news story where they questioned employees about a man who tried to pick up her car then there was a news story where Odom's van was at the same shop and he needed it worked on the same day her body was found. Nothing I've watched/read/heard says that while ODOM was there, he also tried to get Maggie's car. We can all assume it was him since he was known to be at the repair shop the same day, but no one has actually come out and said it was him who asked for her car.

It would be interesting to know if her car was in her spot on Friday night when her friend came and knocked on the door to check on her. If my friend didn't meet me for supper, wouldn't answer any calls/texts, and her car was in her driveway or parking spot, but she wouldn't come to the door, I would surely be contacting someone whether it was family, another friend, or police. It makes me wonder if the car was there Friday night. I would assume it wasn't since no one found it odd that her car was there and she couldn't be reached.

I'm new to the forum. I met Maggie once because we share two mutual friends who were very close to her. I've kept up with this since day one and I'm just glad I've found a board with people as interested in this as much as I am.
According to his Twitter he followed her, and then per this screen grab she followed him. I don't have Twitter to see if her following shows she actually did follow him though
temu9y4a.jpg

enzeder - I think somewhere it mentions the black van is actually his mother's van.

LetJusticePrevail - that doesn't mean she followed him. He's tweeting and telling people to follow her. When I checked who she follows, he wasn't on the list.

enzeder - I think somewhere it mentions the black van is actually his mother's van.

LetJusticePrevail - that doesn't mean she followed him. He's tweeting and telling people to follow her. When I checked who she follows, he wasn't on the list.
Ok - thanks for that ah25. Much appreciated.

Ah ha, thanks ah25. I'm not a twitter'r but now see he's asking peeps to follow her and others. Thanks for explaining.

I'm glad he was all scratched up. That means Maggie will have his DNA under her nails.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70
Back