Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
beri beri causes heart failure. Vitamin D deficiency can cause thin, brittle or misshapen bones. That was my thought.

Ok, so I’m thinking what everyone else is thinking: That we know what the outcome is and who is responsible. But I’m not sure I can blame the Mom for wearing makeup when she knows she’s going to be in the press. She lives in a trailer, she isn’t...you know...she doesn’t look like a well put together person in n her everyday life. Maybe she didn’t want to be judged by the public as trailer trash and wanted to look presentable? Maybe she didn’t want to be judged on appearances? I can understand that a little bit.

You have a point with that as well.

Just jumping off your post. Wondering if any of you have the same opinion about Fathers dating around their children?

IMO when kids' families split apart it is traumatic for them. The focus should be on tbe kids for both parents. When a new mate is introduced and possibly step kids or new siblings eventually, this can rock their worlds. They didn't choose to have their family destroyed and they did t choose to have a new family created. The parent did. So the kids are forced to accept people they may not like or want. I think that's problematic. At the least, their needs should take precedence over the parents. They are vulnerable and incapable of protecting themselves or making their feelings known in a rational way.

Aside from that, there are step moms who kill their step kids - Zahra Baker was a victim. Kyron Horman. And many others whose world becomes abusive once "new mommy" steps in the picture.

But the fact is, while it occasionally occurs with women, it is a phenomena with men that has biological roots. In the animal kingdom, males will often kill the young of their new mate so they can impregnate her with their own semen and have resources dedicated to only their own offspring.

The fact is that research shows children are at a higher risk of maltreatment when they live with a male partner of their mother and the male partner is not their biological father: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2845296/

So moms need to be especially cautious. More so than dad's.

Just so I got this straight...
People are supposed to live without adult companionship and love until their children are 18?

Nope. People are just supposed to put their damn kids first once in awhile. Why is the parent's desire for companionship more important than the child's right to not be molested or beaten to death or even just uprooted and maybe treated unfairly?

We are talking about risk. Some people feel that if they know a person well enough and long enough and feel their kids can cope with all that upheaval, they can introduce a significant other to their kids after a time. Some don't think the risk is worth it. I mean people get fooled all the time by a potential or actual mate. Some don't feel it's worth it to involve kids in that.

But why does it have to be so dramatic? Why can't people date and have a social life that doesn't involve moving a new person into their home? Or not leaving a vulnerable child alone with the new deadbeat? Or maybe not moving in a guy with a criminal record or a drug problem or a tendency to commit domestic violence? Or how about not letting the new mate "discipline" your kids?

I mean those might be some good guidelines.

We see far to many cases with outcomes like this. Kids are at higher risk of abuse in homes with mama's new man. That may not be comfortable for us to hear but it is fact.

I thought I had followed this thread pretty well all day but maybe I missed this. If this has already been discussed, just ignore me.

I was browsing news stories and found this one. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ya...-search-3-100000840--abc-news-topstories.html

"We know what the answer is, but we won’t reveal it at this point," said Onslow County Sheriff Hans Miller.

What exactly was he referring to? The case as a whole or just that they could not confirm any details relating to the time she went missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beri beri causes heart failure. Vitamin D deficiency can cause thin, brittle or misshapen bones. That was my thought.
Most of our vitamin D we get from sunlight. Several of her photos are outside. She does not look pale like someone who is never outside in the sunlight.

Article posted said the mom put her to bed at 6pm and checked her at 11 and at 645 AM she went into the room and she was gone. Her daughter sleeps for 12+ hours?????

Kids need calcium and Vitamin D to prevent rickets.

I agree!
I was potty trained at around 3. I was also sleeping in underwear at night at that age too. Nothing unusual about it.

Every kid is different...as my mom discovered with her youngest.
My brother is 5 1/2 and has only been fully potty trained for maybe a year. He still wears a Pull-Up to bed, though.
There's nothing developmentally wrong with him. He just wasn't ready for the potty yet!

IMO, Mariah being fully potty trained at her age is not unusual at all.

JMOO but I think the original concerns were about the description of what Mariah was wearing when she disappeared - only a pair of pink panties. I think initial concerns were about the cold weather (in case she had wandered off or was taken by someone) and then when we learned her pj's were found on the floor in her room some of us worried about sexual assault.

But there were also concerns that Mariah was punished for wetting the bed. We have no information right now to lead our speculation but all these factors are IMO relevant when trying to figure out what happened that night.

All MOO.

I thought I had followed this thread pretty well all day but maybe I missed this. If this has already been discussed, just ignore me.

I was browsing news stories and found this one. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ya...-search-3-100000840--abc-news-topstories.html

"We know what the answer is, but we won’t reveal it at this point," said Onslow County Sheriff Hans Miller.

What exactly was he referring to? The case as a whole or just that they could not confirm any details relating to the time she went missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I watched it earlier I was under the impression the sheriff was referring only to the last time Mariah was seen.

It was strange, because five minutes later the FBI released a new missing poster and it had the 11pm sighting by mother and midnight sighting by the mom's boyfriend. So how could it be an operational detail that needed to be kept under wraps?

Article posted said the mom put her to bed at 6pm and checked her at 11 and at 645 AM she went into the room and she was gone. Her daughter sleeps for 12+ hours?????

Do you have kids? Three year olds sleep for ten to twelve hours a night and often with a daytime nap.

I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but I just want people to be careful, take their time getting to know someone, wait to introduce them to the kids. And that goes for ALL single parents.

Not aimed at you, just venting.

Take a gander at the crimes against children forum. Mom meets guy, moves him into the home after knowing him less than a month. Then allows him to 'babysit'.

Time after time this happens, and the child ends up dead. The frequency is heartbreaking!!!!!

So yes, if you don't have enough common sense or maternal instincts to protect your children. Too bad-so sad, you're lonely ...

Earlier media reports said the mom put her to bed at about 9pm and then checked on her around 11pm, and then around midnight the boyfriend got up to tell Mariah to go back to bed.

So 6pm could be a typo, or maybe she either usually was put to bed at 6 to 7pm, or perhaps she was extra tired and so she went to bed early, and instead of the mom being woken up at 4 or 5 am, she slept right through until 6 and discovered her daughter missing.

Or maybe the times aren't really accurate?

Take a gander at the crimes against children forum. Mom meets guy, moves him into the home after knowing him less than a month. Then allows him to 'babysit'.

Time after time this happens, and the child ends up dead. The frequency is heartbreaking!!!!!

So yes, if you don't have enough common sense or maternal instincts to protect your children. Too bad-so sad, you're lonely ...
Yep and often she is the only one working.

What a beautiful little girl, and don't have a good feeling about this case either. Just wondering if there were any child custody issues with little Mariah? Praying for a miracle.

Do you have kids? Three year olds sleep for ten to twelve hours a night and often with a daytime nap.

I never put my 3 year old to bed at 6pm. We were having dinner and then it was bath time, stories etc. I am questioning the 6pm bedtime.

I never put my 3 year old to bed at 6pm. We were having dinner and then it was bath time, stories etc. I am questioning the 6pm bedtime.

I guess it would be a matter of if that was Mariah's normal routine or not?

Earlier media reports said the mom put her to bed at about 9pm and then checked on her around 11pm, and then around midnight the boyfriend got up to tell Mariah to go back to bed.

So 6pm could be a typo, or maybe she either usually was put to bed at 6 to 7pm, or perhaps she was extra tired and so she went to bed early, and instead of the mom being woken up at 4 or 5 am, she slept right through until 6 and discovered her daughter missing.

Or maybe the times aren't really accurate?

So, she slept for 6 hours and woke up around midnight and boyfriend told her to go "back to sleep" Maybe she just got up again and left? I dont know how far she could go without the braces....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8