Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this on twitter and don’t have time to read back? What about the limo? She’s walking holding a hand...is there video and is she limping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like stills from a surveillance video so I'm guessing the actual video would show if she walked with a limp or not, but I don't know why police haven't released it. It does look like she's holding her foot funny, almost walking on her tip toes, but it's hard to tell for sure.

Do you have any links for this info?

I have always believed dealing in facts and data is a much more wise thing to do even if the truth is brutal to read and digest. So that is why I think it is necessary to put up the factual link you provided in Sherin's case.

Sorry I do not know how to embed the information you put up for all to see but I will link it and then provide an excerpt from the 2015 Maltreatment of Children.

http://www.cara.nic.in/PDF/Regulation_english.pdf

Perpetrator Relationship

Victim data were analyzed by relationship of victims to their perpetrators. A victim may have been maltreated multiple times by the same perpetrator or by different combinations of perpetrators (e.g.,

Mother alone, mother and non-parent(s), mother and father). In addition, a perpetrator who maltreats multiple children may have different relationships with the victims (parent, neighbor, etc.).

The parent(s) could have acted together, acted alone, or acted with up to two other people to maltreat the child.

Approximately 70.0 percent of victims were maltreated by a mother, either acting alone (40.9 percent) or with a father and/or non-parent (28.5 percent).

More than 13 percent (13.3 %) of victims were maltreated by a perpetrator
who was not the child’s parent. The largest categories in the
non-parent group were male relative, male partner of parent, and “other.” (See table 3–15 and related notes.)

JMO

It looks like stills from a surveillance video so I'm guessing the actual video would show if she walked with a limp or not, but I don't know why police haven't released it. It does look like she's holding her foot funny, almost walking on her tip toes, but it's hard to tell for sure.
It’s not part of a natural gait though it could just as easily be a still of a skipping action, or that cute very urgent hippy-hoppy-tippy-tappy running dance little ones do when they want to be picked up.

It’s not part of a natural gait though it could just as easily be a still of a skipping action, or that cute very urgent hippy-hoppy-tippy-tappy running dance little ones do when they want to be picked up.

I can definitely see that. I wish they would just show the actual video. I want it to be Mariah, because it would mean she's probably alive, but even those pics were taken almost 48 hours ago. If it is her, she could still be anywhere by now.

Remember the Caylee sighting at Florida Mall? Cindy insisted that girl was Caylee

I remember that! So someone trying to stall LE could very well "believe" that is Mariah.

I remember that! So someone trying to stall LE could very well "believe" that is Mariah.

FWIW, that's my husband's opinion. He's a cop, though, so he always tends to jump to the worst conclusions possible.

Got that sick feeling. The more I look around on social media, the more I keep running in to the same rumours. :(

I was still working when the big debate over whether social media could be used in court. It has become a great tool for LE and investigators. A little chuckle here. I had a girl on house arrest (non GPS). She had work privileges so basically could be anywhere during the allotted time. Someone sent our department a facebook pic of her partying like there was no tomorrow with the caption "Happy birthday to me". We looked it up on her FB, verified time, date, and that it as hers, got a warrant to arrest and BAM! probation revoked, do not pass go, go straight to jail. It was one of the 1st times SM was used in our department but it was used a great deal after lol.

Needing to put crime scene tape around it suggests that the trash can might have been situated outside the crime scene tape that's all around the property.

So it could belong to a neighbor, maybe they'd thrown out some childs clothes or toys and weren't home so LE took it to check.

I guess they might also take the family's trash can for forensic verification of what happened the evening before Mariah was reported missing. At some point it might be necessary to know what Mariah had for supper on Sunday, and the mother might be so upset that she can't even remember.

Or maybe LE want to know if anyone else was in the home on Sunday and want forensic evidence of their presence, even a cigarette butt with their DNA on it or something like that might become helpful as the investigation progresses.
Many good theories here! :thumb:

Just saw this on twitter and don’t have time to read back? What about the limo? She’s walking holding a hand...is there video and is she limping?

I believe these came from a video. I am sure it can be found if it has been released.

Doesn't the woman look too relaxed to be involved in a kidnapping?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Hopefully Sheriff's department updates on the Wal-Mart photos soon. Seems that the lady in photo has called in to the detective. She was with her own daughter. She has commented on the Sheriff's fb post. Sadly, I was really hoping it was Mariah and alive.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Possibly why the video hasn't been released. LE may know if it is or isn't and wanting to see the reaction of the family of whether they think it is or not.
imho

There was a segment just aired on Megyn Kelly Today about Mariah's disappearence. The criminal profiler who shared her thoughts is Casey Jordan, not sure about the last name, but I use to see her a lot on the HLN Network doing commentaries on different cases. At least the word is out.....

Can someone please link to the extended interview with Alex Woods? I keep seeing comments that he wanted to see Mariah throughout the past year but her mother wouldn't let him, but I have only seen a short clip where he expresses concern that Mariah was snatched out of bed with three others in the house.

Do you have kids? Three year olds sleep for ten to twelve hours a night and often with a daytime nap.
Someone forgot to tell my 2 that!! Just goes to show all kids are different AND in some cases it is the routine that has been set up for them. :)

I thought 6 was kind of early for bed too, but figured to each his own.

Sometimes my 5 year old is in bed by 6. I don't make him go to bed that early (he lets us know when he's ready for bed) but sometimes he's ready at 6. (Usually it's 7 or so). He's an early riser though (like 4:30-5:30 a.m.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member