GUILTY NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JMO but I don't think he used the chloroform to murder Mariah, I think he used it to put her to sleep and she died from an overdose.
My thoughts, too -- similar to what Casey Anthony did to little Caylee. Each was wanting the child to sleep for a good number of hours, and carelessly overdid it. Not on purpose, but the beautiful children are dead, nevertheless. And it is still a crime.

The "I didn't mean to kill her," if we ever hear it, should rule out 1st degree in EK's case, IMO, at least based on what we know now. 1st degree murder should have been ruled out in favor of 2nd degree murder in Casey's charge, but it wasn't. That's why she was acquitted, IMO.

But sadly, dead is dead.

My thoughts, too -- similar to what Casey Anthony did to little Caylee. Each was wanting the child to sleep for a good number of hours, and carelessly overdid it. Not on purpose, but the beautiful children are dead, nevertheless. And it is still a crime.

The "I didn't mean to kill her," if we ever hear it, should rule out 1st degree in EK's case, IMO, at least based on what we know now. 1st degree murder should have been ruled out in favor of 2nd degree murder in Casey's charge, but it wasn't. That's why she was acquitted, IMO.

But sadly, dead is dead.

intent i guess would be the diff between 1st and 2nd degree murder. rot gut alcohol (MD2020 or boone's farm) could have rendered her helpless but not dead. yes dead is dead and there are worse things than death!

JMO I think his intentions were more sinister, either to abuse her or shut her up.

I just pointed out my opinion that I do not think she was intentionally murdered with the chloroform. I think she was overdosed and died. My opinion does not mean that he did not intend to harm her. It is very plausible, IMO, that he could have given her the chloroform to keep her quiet in order to sexually abuse her.

I just pointed out my opinion that I do not think she was intentionally murdered with the chloroform. I think she was overdosed and died. My opinion does not mean that he did not intend to harm her. It is very plausible, IMO, that he could have given her the chloroform to keep her quiet in order to sexually abuse her.

I can easily see that, too, lonetraveler -- you make a good point -- that may well be what happened. I hope the prosecutors consider that as well.

Our most helpless, and help often comes too darn late. SMH.

Did someone use chloroform on this poor sweet child? Where do you think they got that idea? Don't tell me im already mad enough to bite nails into and how does the cops know which one or both of them were involved in this scheme?

The idea prob came from Casey Anthony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuesday, February 14th:
*Pretrial Hearing for murder charge (@ 2pm ET) - NC - Mariah Kay Woods (3) (Nov. 27, 2017) - Arrested 12/2/17 - Adolphus Earl Kimrey (32) (BF of Mom) charged & indicted (1/24/18) with 1st degree murder, felonious child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury resulting in death & felony concealing a death, obstruction of justice, felony 2nd degree burglary, felony larceny & misdemeanor possession of stolen property. Held on $1,010,000 Bond. The cause of death was chloroform toxicity.

:judge:

And here we have a conflicting report -

[FONT=&amp]"An Onslow County Grand Jury has indicted the man charged with murder in the death of Mariah Woods.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"Kimrey’s next court date will be Feb. 26, at 2 p.m. in Onslow CountySuperior Court, at which point Fourth Prosecutorial District Attorney Ernie Lee will hold a Rule 24 hearing that will determine whether or not the state intends to prosecute Kimrey in a capital case.

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/20180214/grand-jury-indicts-man-charged-with-murder-of-mariah-woods
[/FONT]

Earl Kimrey was scheduled to appear at 9:30 a.m. before Judge Louis Foy Jr. in Onslow County District Court according to court records. Now, he will not appear in court again until April 2, 2018.

http://wcti12.com/news/local/kimrey-slated-for-wednesday-court-appearance

I was just going to say - I don't see an April date on here, but this:

Earl Kimrey was scheduled to appear at 9:30 a.m. before Judge Louis Foy Jr. in Onslow County District Court according to court records. He will not appear in court again until February 26, 2018.

But thank you for the update Tortoise! Very much appreciated! :wave:

Another article supporting Tortoise’s post...

Man Charges With Murdering NC 3-Year-Old Mariah Woods Indicted

February 14, 2018

JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) — A grand jury on Tuesday indicted Earl Kimrey, the boyfriend of Mariah Woods’ mother, for the 3-year-old girl’s murder.

Kimrey is facing charges of first-degree murder, felony child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury, felony common law obstruction of justice, felony concealment of death, second-degree burglary, felony larceny, and felony possession of stolen property.

The cause of death was determined to be chloroform toxicity, according to the medical examiner’s Office.

Kimrey has been in custody in the Onslow County Detention Center with no bond.

His next court appearance in Onslow County District Court is scheduled for Feb. 26.

http://wncn.com/2018/02/14/man-charged-with-murdering-nc-3-year-old-mariah-woods-indicted/

and this article from WITN today

"JACKSONVILLE, NC (WITN) Some people gathered outside of the Onslow County Courthouse Wednesday to honor Mariah Woods.

Woods was reported missing from her home in January. Her body was later found in a Pender County creek.

Mariah's paternal grandmother Deborah Woods, says she's still fighting for justice and it means a lot knowing the community is doing the same.

She says, "Makes us feel really good, means that a lot of people are helping with the cause and it means a lot knowing that she touched so many people without even knowing them."

Woods says she has not heard from or seen Mariah's mother, Kristy Hunter, since the toddler was first reported missing.

Hunter's live in boyfriend, Earl Kimrey, is charged in Mariah's death."

The District Attorney in the Earl Kimrey murder case of Mariah Woods announced Thursday the state will seek the death penalty.

In a notice filed in Superior Court, District Attorney Ernie Lee said the following:

1. The above-named defendant was indicted by the Grand Jury of Onslow County on February 13, 2018 for the offenses of first-degree murder, felony child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury, felony common law obstruction of justice, felony concealment of death, second degree burglary, felony larceny, and felony possession of stolen property.
2. The State intends to declare the first-degree murder case in 1g cRS 50503 as capital and to seek the death penalty due to the existence of at least one aggravating circumstance beyond a reasonable doubt pursuant to N.C.G.S. 154-2000 and N.C.G.S. ls\-2004.
3. Said notice to seek the death penalty is hereby filed with the Court on or before the date of the Rule 24 pretrial conference or the date of arraignment, whichever is later pursuant to N.C.G.S. I5A-2004.

http://wcti12.com/news/local/distri...e-will-seek-death-penalty-against-earl-kimrey

bbm

Thanks, Tortoise, for the info!

:websleuther:There's a big ton of bricks :bricks: waiting for this ~man~ soon. :websleuther:

:behindbar ...

:justice:

The District Attorney in the Earl Kimrey murder case of Mariah Woods announced Thursday the state will seek the death penalty.

In a notice filed in Superior Court, District Attorney Ernie Lee said the following:

1. The above-named defendant was indicted by the Grand Jury of Onslow County on February 13, 2018 for the offenses of first-degree murder, felony child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury, felony common law obstruction of justice, felony concealment of death, second degree burglary, felony larceny, and felony possession of stolen property.
2. The State intends to declare the first-degree murder case in 1g cRS 50503 as capital and to seek the death penalty due to the existence of at least one aggravating circumstance beyond a reasonable doubt pursuant to N.C.G.S. 154-2000 and N.C.G.S. ls\-2004.
3. Said notice to seek the death penalty is hereby filed with the Court on or before the date of the Rule 24 pretrial conference or the date of arraignment, whichever is later pursuant to N.C.G.S. I5A-2004.

http://wcti12.com/news/local/distri...e-will-seek-death-penalty-against-earl-kimrey

bbm

Thanks Tortoise! Did the DA say what the aggravating circumstance was? I looked through the recent articles but didn't see anything.

Thanks Tortoise! Did the DA say what the aggravating circumstance was? I looked through the recent articles but didn't see anything.

I think this will be the reason

“The capital felony was committed while the defendant was engaged, or was an aider or abettor, in the commission of, or an attempt to commit, or flight after committing or attempting to commit, any homicide, robbery, rape or a sex offense, arson, burglary, kidnapping, or aircraft piracy or the unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb.”

https://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/statutes/statutelookup.pl?statute=15A-2000

I also believe he used the chloroform to abuse sweet, helpless Mariah. How evil and sinister, makes my blood boil.

[FONT=&amp]"By statute, district attorneys in North Carolina have 11 aggravating circumstances from which to choose and apply to their particular case. Lee told The Daily News he’s not required by law to identify which circumstance has led him to this decision nor are DAs obligated to seek the death penalty even if aggravating circumstances are evident.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
"A Rule 24 hearing is scheduled in Onslow County Superior Court on Feb. 26, at which time Lee and Kimrey’s attorneys, Jacksonville lawyer Walter Paramore and Lumberton lawyer Brooke Mangum will hear the state’s argument for pursuing the death penalty."

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20180215/da-to-seek-death-penalty-in-mariah-woods-death
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]"By statute, district attorneys in North Carolina have 11 aggravating circumstances from which to choose and apply to their particular case. Lee told The Daily News he’s not required by law to identify which circumstance has led him to this decision nor are DAs obligated to seek the death penalty even if aggravating circumstances are evident.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
"A Rule 24 hearing is scheduled in Onslow County Superior Court on Feb. 26, at which time Lee and Kimrey’s attorneys, Jacksonville lawyer Walter Paramore and Lumberton lawyer Brooke Mangum will hear the state’s argument for pursuing the death penalty."

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20180215/da-to-seek-death-penalty-in-mariah-woods-death
[/FONT]

N.C.G.A. 15A-2000

(e) Aggravating Circumstances. – Aggravating circumstances which may be considered shall be limited to the following:

(1) The capital felony was committed by a person lawfully incarcerated.

(2) The defendant had been previously convicted of another capital felony or had been previously adjudicated delinquent in a juvenile proceeding for committing an offense that would be a capital felony if committed by an adult.

(3) The defendant had been previously convicted of a felony involving the use
or threat of violence to the person or had been previously adjudicated delinquent in a juvenile proceeding for committing an offense that would be a Class A, B1, B2, C, D, or E felony involving the use or threat of violence to the person if the offense had been committed by an adult.

(4) The capital felony was committed for the purpose of avoiding or preventing a lawful arrest or effecting an escape from custody.

(5) The capital felony was committed while the defendant was engaged, or was an aider or abettor, in the commission of, or an attempt to commit, or flight after committing or attempting to commit, any homicide, robbery, rape or a sex offense, arson, burglary, kidnapping, or aircraft piracy or the unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb.

(6) The capital felony was committed for pecuniary gain.

(7) The capital felony was committed to disrupt or hinder the lawful exercise of any governmental function or the enforcement of laws.

(8) The capital felony was committed against a law-enforcement officer, employee of the Division of Adult Correction of the Department of Public Safety, jailer, fireman, judge or justice, former judge or justice, prosecutor or former prosecutor, juror or former juror, or witness or former witness against the defendant, while engaged in the performance of his official duties or because of the exercise of his official duty.

(9) The capital felony was especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel.

(10) The defendant knowingly created a great risk of death to more than one person by means of a weapon or device which would normally be hazardous to the lives of more than one person.

(11) The murder for which the defendant stands convicted was part of a course of conduct in which the defendant engaged and which included the commission by the defendant of other crimes of violence against another person or persons.

https://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/PDF/BySection/Chapter_15a/GS_15A-2000.pdf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back