GUILTY NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe the prosecutor is weighing up the chances of getting one conviction here and putting that ahead of losing two convictions. If they solely have EK charged with murder they have the mother's statements that she said she was asleep leaving EK as the only possible contender for causing the death. If they have the mother also charged with murder, the jury may not be able to decide which one did it and which one was only involved in the cover up but not the murder. The child not being in the room didn't see the act causing death and EK will no doubt say the mother did it or the child did it and he only disposed of the body. It seems like they don't want to use the child's evidence that the parents were both awake but is that just so they can get a certain conviction of EK?

Do they think the child's credibility will be attacked (he hated all parental figures for example) and cause more trauma to him in his little life?

Whatever is happening behind the scenes it doesn't sound like the truth is being brought to light to me, but a gambling game. They know EK disposed of the body and therefore he is looking good for the charge of murder too. I hate to think that it will be at the expense of full justice for Mariah and her brothers. The mother's escape would not give the right message to the older son growing up. I don't know how much the younger one knows.

Anyway, maybe I've got it wrong about the prosecutorial team, but I do know from her statements the mother knew Mariah was dead and had not been abducted. Proving it might be harder to achieve in court because as we've seen here there are people who believed her.

I think they could get around the child's testimony by having the grandfather testify what was said to him. But is that a hearsay problem?

Yea. I noticed that odd missing "she said" also, but was more chalking it up to pressure of the moment misspeak. Whether she was upset or petrified she was apt to not speak correctly. Not saying what u said is not possible, just wouldn't read tooo much into it. I'm filing it away in the back of my mind tho. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She tripped up because she was lying through her teeth. The whole time with the fake boohoo my angel. The whole time she knew Mariah was dead, dumped in that cold aligator infested creek. Plus the past with CPS, child abuse, child sexual abuse. She knew.
I bet that's not the only time Mariah was choriformed so Mommy Dearest, and boytoy could have some drug fueled fun.
Knowing all this I would say she aided, and abetted, if not played an outright roll in putting Mariah to 'sleep'.
Now she's going to cover her behind by throwing Kimrey under the bus, and making it look like Kimrey acted alone.
Her words from the horses mouth place her in Mariah's presence, putting her to bed, her own words. The night Mariah's sweet little life was snuffed out.

What the heck is happening in Onslow County? [emoji22]

http://abc11.com/husband-wife-arres...ser censored*-and-rape-of-minor-kids/3004082/

What the heck is happening in Onslow County? [emoji22]

http://abc11.com/husband-wife-arres...ser censored*-and-rape-of-minor-kids/3004082/

Drugs. Drugs is what’s happening in Onslow County.....

I found this article, I believe it was already posted, but noticed the next court date of Feb. 14th. I had April 2nd - ?? - don't know "where" I got that from?? :dunno:

article from Jan. 24th:

http://www.wect.com/story/37339007/man-charged-with-murder-in-mariah-woods-death

Kimrey, 32, is also facing a charge of felony child abuse resulting in serious bodily injury/death. During his brief court appearance on the new charges Wednesday afternoon, the judged ordered Kimrey to remain in jail under no bond. His next court date is Feb. 14.

I found this article, I believe it was already posted, but noticed the next court date of Feb. 14th. I had April 2nd - ?? - don't know "where" I got that from?? :dunno:

article from Jan. 24th:

http://www.wect.com/story/37339007/man-charged-with-murder-in-mariah-woods-death

Kimrey, 32, is also facing a charge of felony child abuse resulting in serious bodily injury/death. During his brief court appearance on the new charges Wednesday afternoon, the judged ordered Kimrey to remain in jail under no bond. His next court date is Feb. 14.

I thought it was April too. Maybe the date changed because of the new charges?

I’ll be imploding right next too you!!

Makes three of us! I don't care if she is cooperating or not. SHE KNEW. It was HER responsibility to protect Mariah. Cooperating with LE should not give her a get out of jail free card.

Something to consider maybe is what exactly is meant by "cooperating" and what exact timeframe. Cooperation can mean many things and take many forms. It could mean that she was simply cooperative with being questioned/interviewed by LE early in the investigation, it could mean she has willingly given them updated address/location of where she has been staying so that future contact could easily be made. It could mean anything really. Perhaps she was very willing to help build a case against Kimrey. In telling details about someone you live with/are in a relationship with and (assuming here) constantly with day to day (since neither seemed to have jobs at the time) you in turn tell a lot about yourself and your life and your activities as well....

I thought it was April too. Maybe the date changed because of the new charges?

i think the feb date is for the murder and the april date is for the disposal of the body and the other charges (larcency of the dresser)

Did someone use chloroform on this poor sweet child? Where do you think they got that idea? Don't tell me im already mad enough to bite nails into and how does the cops know which one or both of them were involved in this scheme?

Did someone use chloroform on this poor sweet child? Where do you think they got that idea? Don't tell me im already mad enough to bite nails into and how does the cops know which one or both of them were involved in this scheme?

I would hope that LE took fingerprints from any bottles of chemicals they found. But even so, one adult can pour out the chemicals and the other can use them on the child :-(

i think the feb date is for the murder and the april date is for the disposal of the body and the other charges (larcency of the dresser)

Thanks for that explanation. I'll keep both dates on my list then!

how can EK/KW be so dumb yet so smart?! I know EK was experienced HVAC man but to know to use chlorform to murder this poor child and dispose of the body. And then - stealing the dumbfounding dressers. Or to know how to allegedly cook meth but again dumb enough to think they can get away with murder. I guess advice given to me long ago applies, dont try to figure out what a criminal is thinking. if you dont think like them, you will never figure it out.

how can EK/KW be so dumb yet so smart?! I know EK was experienced HVAC man but to know to use chlorform to murder this poor child and dispose of the body. And then - stealing the dumbfounding dressers. Or to know how to allegedly cook meth but again dumb enough to think they can get away with murder. I guess advice given to me long ago applies, dont try to figure out what a criminal is thinking. if you dont think like them, you will never figure it out.

As Grandma Margy used to say, “Sin makes you stupid”.

I'm thinking of precious Mariah today. In this country of ours, so full of abuse, hate, bigotry, and racism our innocent, sweet children continue to suffer. Why does life have to be so cruel?

JMO but I don't think he used the chloroform to murder Mariah, I think he used it to put her to sleep and she died from an overdose.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back