GUILTY NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So can anyone clear up what the chronic inflammation of the left lung is?

I’m also curious about the possible anal discoloration, given that there was apparently no sexual assault (which surprised me).

I think there is no evidence of it, not that it didn't happen. also, the brothers reported they witnessed him abuse her orally.

Forgive my ignorance please..but, why would someone use chloroform on a child, or on anyone for that matter? I'm very ignorant about this. As I read these previous posts mentioning this chemical, I am asking myself why or how a person would ever come up with the idea, let alone the desire to do so?

Adding that I just saw an article that notes a September of 2019 date for trial. Yes, 2019.

Yep, she used it. IMO she used it to keep Caylee asleep through the night in the trunk of her car (!) while Casey was staying with her boyfriend (he told Casey he didn't like it when she brought Caylee over for several days). IMO it's what killed little Caylee -- mom gave her too much.

Maybe that's what Kimrey did as well -- just gave her too much one night -- possibly to keep her from waking up and bothering the rest of the household, or perhaps to allow him to touch her in the wrong way.

It must not be too difficult to obtain it since both Casey & Earl had some. It can be used as a type of solvent, but I don't know for what; and it is used in refrigeration in combination with other chemicals. That's about all I know about uses for it or how easy it is to obtain it -- IANA chemist -- far from it!
Your comments gave me food for thought. If Kimrey (or mom) was trying to sedate Mariah to keep her down for the night why on earth would he/she/they not just use the more obvious over the counter meds like Benadryl or Nyquil? Why choose chloroform?

My understanding is that chloroform is used in propellants and household refrigerant appliances as a part of fluorocarbons for cooling so repairpersons probably have access to it. Remember, Kimrey was a service tech for a heating and cooling company.

Also, apparently it isn't hard to make it. I won't post any links here for obvious reasons but you can Google it. My point though is that there are many other options if the goal was to put Mariah to sleep and keep her asleep. Heck, a stiff drink of alcohol would probably do it for that matter.

Which brings up the next question: Why? Why the need to put Mariah "out" for an extended period? I understand that that the ME found no evidence of sexual abuse but postmortem changes can disguise blood flow changes and possibly create doubt. To be fair, anal discoloration can also be wrongly attributed to abuse. In the autopsy report I didn't see where the pathologist cultured anal tissue, just that she/he examined the area microscopically. And to disclose, I'm not a medical professional so I can only make guesses.

Anyway, my concern is centered on the why. How boisterous could Mariah have been that justified using a highly toxic chemical on her to make her sleep? It makes no sense to me.

I guess we may never know what went through Kimrey's head (and maybe mom's too) that led to poisoning Mariah. But it's so out of the ballpark that IMO it may not have been an accident and she may have been purposely murdered, again, for unknown reasons.

ETA: While I was busy writing my post I see that cvaldez1975 and Lucyray posted similar thoughts.

Chloform toxicity: What is it and how did it kill Mariah Woods

Chloroform has a pleasant, nonirritating odor. "It's also toxic, colorless, liquid that's more common than you think... some of it is in our drinking water. Made up of three common household ingredients: bleach, hydrogen peroxide, and acetone (i.e., nail polish remover)..."

Side effects (sedation) are not instant, regardless of [child] size -- doesn't take effect that fast. You don't smell it and instantly pass out....

"There's some theories but how exactly it works, as far as I know, is still somewhat of a mystery," said Brian Love, an associate professor of chemistry at East Carolina University. (NewsChannel 12 video link below)

Chloform toxicity: What is it and how did it kill Mariah Woods?

Also, a very interesting history of Ether & Chloroform:

By the time the American Civil War broke out in 1861, both ether and chloroform had been in use for several years as methods of surgical anesthesia. Though both anesthetic agents were developed around the same time (the 1840s), chloroform soon emerged as the more widely used, as it took action faster and was non-flammable. During the Civil War, ether and particularly chloroform became indispensable tools for military doctors, who performed tens of thousands of amputations and other types of procedures for wounded Union and Confederate soldiers.

Chloroform in particular came under attack in the 20th century, and was shown to be carcinogenic by ingestion in laboratory mice and rats. In 1979, FDA cited Chloroform may not be used as an ingredient in drug products or in pharmaceutical compounding, and Chloroform may not be used as an ingredient in cosmetic products. It's still readily available for other uses...

Ether and Chloroform - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com

Whatever his/their intentions were, the little girl is dead from the use of chloroform, and her body was taken from the home and obviously hidden. Then the call to 911. All glaring signs of guilt. It is a good case for the death penalty for possibly both of them. We just need to know about what mom did or didn't do.
She was 3 years old.
This case makes me cringe and scream.

Lucyray said:
**snipped for focus**
Adding that I just saw an article that notes a September of 2019 date for trial. Yes, 2019.

Could you post a link - and just in case it's blocked for EU members - can you please give a 10% synopsis on it - mainly DATES! :) TIA!

Here u go Niner:

Aldophus Lee Kimrey II, 32, is scheduled to begin trial next September - but it may take several weeks before a verdict is reached.

A projected trial date has been set for the man charged in the death of 3-year-old Mariah Woods.

Adolphus Earl Kimrey II, 32, is scheduled for trial in September 2019, District Attorney Ernie Lee told The Daily News Thursday. An autopsy report from the N.C. State Medical Examiner’s office released Wednesday revealed Mariah’s cause of death as chloroform toxicity.

Kimrey was indicted before a grand jury Feb. 13 after being charged with first-degree murder Dec. 2, according to previous Daily News reports.

Mariah Woods homicide trial set for next fall

The autopsy report doesn't seem to mention anything about the muscular dystrophy?

I find it very odd that Mariah was wearing different clothing than she'd been reported to be wearing by Kimrey.

As far as I know (non expert) you don't get bruising without blood flow, so anything like that on the autopsy report has to be pre- or peri-mortem, not post-mortem?

I don't understand why KW isn't charged with anything.

I hope Mariah's brothers are living somewhere safe and being loved.

Re:Chloroform Research
https://ww w.researchgate.net/publi...by_prolonged_chloroform_inhalation_in_a_child
Snip:
3]. During the external and internal examination of the body of the child, signs of severe dehydration and malnutrition were registered, which were certainly a predisposing factor for faster appearance of toxic effects of chloroform. The emaciation underlying the dysfunction of organ systems provided a grim frame for a child to succumb to chloroform toxicity.
Snip:
DISCUSSION In the case of acute chloroform poisoning, sings as edematous swelling of the lips, focal mummifications of the facial skin and the chloroform-soaked soft covering of the airways could be very useful in determination of the cause of the death. In chronic poisoning, there are no previous nor indicative signs. In the case of exposure to poison in the gaseous state, blood levels peak already within a few minutes after exposure because of the extensive capillary surface area of
lipid solubility, volatiles, including chloroform, quickly cross lipid membranes, and distribute to well-perfused organs such as brain, liver, heart, and kidneys. This condition will be retained if sudden death occurs, but if exposure is prolonged, toxic substance will slowly accumulate in poorly perfused parts also, such as muscle and fat tissue.

Here u go Niner:

Aldophus Lee Kimrey II, 32, is scheduled to begin trial next September - but it may take several weeks before a verdict is reached.

A projected trial date has been set for the man charged in the death of 3-year-old Mariah Woods.

Adolphus Earl Kimrey II, 32, is scheduled for trial in September 2019, District Attorney Ernie Lee told The Daily News Thursday. An autopsy report from the N.C. State Medical Examiner’s office released Wednesday revealed Mariah’s cause of death as chloroform toxicity.

Kimrey was indicted before a grand jury Feb. 13 after being charged with first-degree murder Dec. 2, according to previous Daily News reports.

Mariah Woods homicide trial set for next fall
They must have reason to believe he is responsible for her death rather the mother. Did he confess to being the one to give her chloroform that night?

Right? But the thing is, if it was chloroform poisoning that caused her death then how do we know who chloroformed her that night? Plus it wasn't meant to kill her. Terrible judgement, neglect, etc. yes. Now.......Kimrey hiding the body they have him on that. (or do they?) Another thing I've wondered is, since I would bet dollars to donuts putting her down with chloroform was routine, I would say both adults knew of it and both did it at different times. This whole thing is so messed up!
This is exactly why I'm puzzled as to the murder charges against Kimrey only. On Spectrum News this morning the sheriff was trying to explain why the mother has not been charged and he stated that you couldn't charge on speculation only. That you only get one time to get it right due to double jeopardy law. Well it looks to me that Kimrey was charged with murder based upon speculation. There is a witness who saw him putting something larger than a backpack into the van and leaving. As far as I know, there is no witness to the overdosing of Mariah unless one of the brothers has given a statement. I simply don't understand why both the mother and boyfriend aren't being charged with murder.
I can totally understand charging him with the disposal but even then IMO he didn't carry it out by himself.
I may have missed this information but is it known how searchers knew where to find Mariah's body. They could not have accidentally found her in this spot. I know it very well. Someone had to have told them exactly where she was located.

Re KW - from all the articles I have been reading - the LE say "They are STILL investigating the case, more charges might be coming". Not an actual quote - but close to it! Don't worry - they are still investigating!

Re KW - from all the articles I have been reading - the LE say "They are STILL investigating the case, more charges might be coming". Not an actual quote - but close to it! Don't worry - they are still investigating!

Like I said several pages back, there's still plenty time.

By the way, I have taken note of the month and year :rolleyes:

I didn't read all of The autopsy report, I just couldn't, she was 3 years old and was the responsibility of her mother. Her mother didn't give her the due care and attention she needed for God's sake, how could she let this happen.

She knew what was going on and she's let it happen. My heart is broken for her brothers and her dad, and for the family members who loved the little soul.

Of course they are still investigating. That does not mean that I will stop being irritated that the mother is not behind bars, or give my opinion about the events that took place that night. JMO

My concern is although LE are trying their best to get it right, EK attorney is going to use KW to introduce doubt to a jury on who exactly did what. what a tragedy!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0
Back