GUILTY NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #10 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is all it said Niner, not very much info at all:

“Adolphus Earl Kimrey II, who is charged with first-degree murder in connection to the death of 3-year-old Mariah Woods in 2017, is scheduled to begin his trial in early 2021, according to Lee. The district attorney previously announced he will be seeking the death penalty in this case.”

This is all it said Niner, not very much info at all:

“Adolphus Earl Kimrey II, who is charged with first-degree murder in connection to the death of 3-year-old Mariah Woods in 2017, is scheduled to begin his trial in early 2021, according to Lee. The district attorney previously announced he will be seeking the death penalty in this case.”

2021??!! I thought I read on the other article February 2020.... ?? hmmm....

edited to add - never mind - I do have Feb. 2021 as trial....

Thank you Blondie in Spokane. It's too bad about your Seahawks.

Can someone give a 10% synopsis on this article? Outline is not working for this one.

Photos: Murder trials pending in Onslow

and if there is a date in January for a court hearing. Also if there is a February date for trial?

TIA! :)

Sure! It doesn't have exact dates or any new info unfortunately. It was a rather short article in that it just featured 16 photos of people set for trial soon with brief write-ups under each photo. Earl Kimrey was listed as #2 and under his photo it said:

Adolphus Earl Kimrey II, who is charged with first-degree murder in connection to the death of 3-year-old Mariah Woods in 2017, is scheduled to begin his trial in early 2021, according to Lee. The district attorney previously announced he will be seeking the death penalty in this case.

ETA: whoops, sorry! Didn't realize this had already been answered/quoted.

This case is close to my home, only about 60 miles. I've followed obsessively since day one. I have this thought I would like to share. I'm sure not everyone will share it but here it is. I feel that the DA who was running for office when this crime occurred, overcharged this case and now has a problem with proving the case. Unless he has a lot more evidence than I think, there is no way in hell he can prove who actually gave Mariah the dose of chloroform that was fatal. There were two adults in the small mobile home that night, Emry and the mother. In very close quarters, one of them supposedly got up to put Mariah back to bed. IMO, the mother who claimed that she was asleep and knows absolutely nothing, has to be the one who has talked with LE with enough evidence to not only arrest Earl Kimrey but , enough to go for the death penalty. I have thought from the very beginning that there is not enough evidence of who delivered the fatal dose of chloroform to Mariah. There is evidence that Emrey disposed of the body in Holly Shelter Creek but I have not seen anything to indicate that he actually murdered her. I do however believe that the mother is much more involved than the media has let on. If the entire case is contingent upon her testimony, then he will most likely go free for her murder. Remember, her story is that she was sleeping and knows nothing. How many mothers sleep through their baby girl being up and not sleeping and the boyfriend gets up to put her back to bed? None, IMO. Also, how can first degree murder be proven if the dose of chloroform was given just to make her go to sleep without any intention of murdering her? I do believe that the death penalty charge was a political move to get reelected and will destroy this case when the jury comes into play.
The DA jumped the gun and charged way too early without the evidence to back it up. I believe both the mother and the boyfriend should have been charged together. The mother's word is not reliable to convict the boyfriend and I don't think there is enough evidence to convict him alone. That is my opinion. I would like to see what you think.

I totally agree with you @lonetraveler - I don't think the DA should have gone for 1st degree murder & death penalty - all to get reelected.... and yes, Mom & Emrey should have both been charged.

Glad to hear you will be our "court reporter" when trial starts! :D

edited to add - do you know when the pretrial hearing in January is? TIA! :)

This case is close to my home, only about 60 miles. I've followed obsessively since day one. I have this thought I would like to share. I'm sure not everyone will share it but here it is. I feel that the DA who was running for office when this crime occurred, overcharged this case and now has a problem with proving the case. Unless he has a lot more evidence than I think, there is no way in hell he can prove who actually gave Mariah the dose of chloroform that was fatal. There were two adults in the small mobile home that night, Emry and the mother. In very close quarters, one of them supposedly got up to put Mariah back to bed. IMO, the mother who claimed that she was asleep and knows absolutely nothing, has to be the one who has talked with LE with enough evidence to not only arrest Earl Kimrey but , enough to go for the death penalty. I have thought from the very beginning that there is not enough evidence of who delivered the fatal dose of chloroform to Mariah. There is evidence that Emrey disposed of the body in Holly Shelter Creek but I have not seen anything to indicate that he actually murdered her. I do however believe that the mother is much more involved than the media has let on. If the entire case is contingent upon her testimony, then he will most likely go free for her murder. Remember, her story is that she was sleeping and knows nothing. How many mothers sleep through their baby girl being up and not sleeping and the boyfriend gets up to put her back to bed? None, IMO. Also, how can first degree murder be proven if the dose of chloroform was given just to make her go to sleep without any intention of murdering her? I do believe that the death penalty charge was a political move to get reelected and will destroy this case when the jury comes into play.
The DA jumped the gun and charged way too early without the evidence to back it up. I believe both the mother and the boyfriend should have been charged together. The mother's word is not reliable to convict the boyfriend and I don't think there is enough evidence to convict him alone. That is my opinion. I would like to see what you think.

I tend to agree with you. The only thing I can think of is that there is serious prior evidence of abuse. If EK was abusing Mariah or the other kids, there could be motive. I definitely agree there's no way the mother didn't know what was going on with everyone in such a small trailer together all the time. But maybe she has been cooperating in the form of giving/getting LE evidence beyond just her own testimony to prove their case. If there was no evidence of abuse from the mom before but lots of evidence of abuse from the boyfriend, maybe they think having her as a cooperating witness is worth excusing her (at best) negligence. I hope we find out more soon.

I tend to agree with you. The only thing I can think of is that there is serious prior evidence of abuse. If EK was abusing Mariah or the other kids, there could be motive. I definitely agree there's no way the mother didn't know what was going on with everyone in such a small trailer together all the time. But maybe she has been cooperating in the form of giving/getting LE evidence beyond just her own testimony to prove their case. If there was no evidence of abuse from the mom before but lots of evidence of abuse from the boyfriend, maybe they think having her as a cooperating witness is worth excusing her (at best) negligence. I hope we find out more soon.
That would be ok if she was credible, but she isn't. She claimed to have slept through everything that night. If it is her word against his, that isn't enough. Without a doubt to me at least, he did dispose of her body but so far, and I've followed everything I could find, there is no evidence of which one of the adults gave her the fatal dose of chloroform.

The way she described putting her to sleep, Her Susan Smith theatrics never sat right with me.
MOO

The DCFS report that bio dad released to the media/a reporter about SA that was witnessed by one of the older brothers, can someone refresh my memory: was that report done after Mariah was reported "missing" or before?

If it was before, I don't think Mom can say she didn't know, or at LEAST have reasons to suspect Kimrey was an absolute worthless creep.

They were both terrible "parents"
One thing I can't get out of my mind is about how the wife of the Pastor at Mom's church is the one who drove Mariah to her doctors appointments. Mom nor Kimrey seemed to go with. Why? Neither of them had a job.

@borndem - just bumping this one up to see if you can find any court dates. TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif
Hopefully, not just his speedy ticket....

Case #171F711074 Onslow County

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dr_snuff