Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw it mentioned a few times in this thread and also in the first thread about a suitcase borrowed from neighbors that is now missing. It got me thinking about something that I haven't seen brought up yet. Have they checked landfills? I hate to be morbid but if the6 bf, mom, or both did in fact do something to this little girl what if they put her in the suitcase, threw it in the garbage and it is now in a landfill somewhere?

They have thousands of acres of woods and swampland around them, no reason to risk taking a suitcase to a trash transfer station or landfill where there are lights and cameras.

In rural NC we have to pay for trash collection. Many people choose not to pay and just drive it to the collection center/transfer station a once or twice a week. The collection centers are fenced in and are only open when there is an attendant on duty. There are usually security cameras. (Though in this case the trailer park owners might pay for collection.)

I have a hard time understanding having an unlocked door in that area.
And with young children in a trailer. I don't know about this trailer specifically, but if there's no deck or porch off the back, it's going to have steps. Dangerous for kids who decide to open the door and go out.

People do it though. I live near a rural road where a toddler in a pull-up ran from his yard to the road right in front of me. I think it was on Thanksgiving day. A sibling ran out and grabbed him. The road is extremely dangerous for children with the houses very close to the roadway, but no one who lives there seems to give it a second thought. I think that disregard is born out of a lack of education. People do what they know. So, I can see this family leaving the back door unlocked with small children living inside.

Why would it be stupid? Cruel yes, but stupid no. Do you realize how difficult it is to find a body once its ended up in landfill? Do you realize how hard it is to convict people of murder without a body?

OK, lets say at the earliest she was killed on Friday (I'm assuming Friday here because I would imagine she was seen by some one else on Thursday with it being the holiday). So, she is killed on Friday and they dump her in the landfill the same night, they call and report her missing early on Monday morning. <modsnip>

Sure, a body dumped in a landfill can be incredible hard to find, AFTER a great deal of trash has been dumped on it but a perfectly fine looking suitcase just chillin on the top of the heap with very little trash around it is going to draw someones attention.

Are there any other news outlets, or YouTube or any place carrying the full length bio dad interview? The link up there gives me an error message that I don't have flash or something (I do).

Never mind. I fixed it. I had to give the site flash permissions in the browser.

She probably crawled out, you know how toddlers slither up & down the furniture? I would imagine even with her difficulties in her own way she was pretty mobile. ... don&#8217;t get me wrong I don&#8217;t think she went anywhere outside of the trailer by herself, but I don&#8217;t think her disability immobilised her to the extent she couldn&#8217;t move from a spot she was placed. (The bio dad refers crawling & keeping up with the other kids in his interviews.)

I read this yesterday and realized it would probably be painful for her to walk for an extended amount of time without her braces. IDK why I hadn't considered it before.

Tommy Cloyd, an independent living coordinator with the Disability Advocates & Resource Center, said going as long as she has without any help, especially in the cold, is dangerous.

&#8220;She wouldn&#8217;t have her support, her braces and things of that nature,&#8221; said Cloyd. &#8220;I think after 24 hours, it would kind of start to get to her. I don&#8217;t know if she takes medication of any kind, but I am sure by this point, she needs something.&#8221;

http://wbtw.com/2017/11/29/news-conference-on-mariah-woods-to-be-held-at-330-p-m/

In my opinion, this has too many parallels to the Deorr Kunz case. A parent truly grieving but the "disappearance" never adds up. Likely an accidental death due to misadventure while unsupervised or left alone, then a cover-up. In poor Deorr's case, the clothes his parents said he was wearing when he disappeared from the campsite were found in their home they had to suddenly vacate when evicted but without motive or body there was no case for indictment. I do not see this case having a good outcome.

People do it though. I live near a rural road where a toddler in a pull-up ran from his yard to the road right in front of me. I think it was on Thanksgiving day. A sibling ran out and grabbed him. The road is extremely dangerous for children with the houses very close to the roadway, but no one who lives there seems to give it a second thought. I think that disregard is born out of a lack of education. People do what they know. So, I can see this family leaving the back door unlocked with small children living inside.

It isn't just uneducated people who do stupid things like that. One of my brothers lives in a suburb of a major metropolitan area, crime isn't a major problem there but it does happen with alarming frequency for a suburb. His children refuse to lock their front door because they are simply too lazy to fish their house key out of their pocketbooks. Everyone has yelled at the girls about doing it and they are just lazy and defiant and refuse to do it.

She probably crawled out, you know how toddlers slither up & down the furniture? I would imagine even with her difficulties in her own way she was pretty mobile. ... don’t get me wrong I don’t think she went anywhere outside of the trailer by herself, but I don’t think her disability immobilised her to the extent she couldn’t move from a spot she was placed. (The bio dad refers crawling & keeping up with the other kids in his interviews.)

Well, everyone makes mistakes with regard to this. I don't live in a dangerous area, but still make sure all of my doors are locked at night. Usually, unless I forget and wake up the next morning with my garage door wide open and front and back door unlocked! It happens.

OK, lets say at the earliest she was killed on Friday (I'm assuming Friday here because I would imagine she was seen by some one else on Thursday with it being the holiday). So, she is killed on Friday and they dump her in the landfill the same night, they call and report her missing early on Monday morning. <modsnip>

Sure, a body dumped in a landfill can be incredible hard to find, AFTER a great deal of trash has been dumped on it but a perfectly fine looking suitcase just chillin on the top of the heap with very little trash around it is going to draw someones attention.

Who said anything about anyone going into a landfill site and dumping her directly there? No. More likely she would have been placed into a dumpster and then taken to landfill from there had she have ended up at a landfill at all.

It's stupidly easily to get rid of a body by having them end up at a landfill.

Also, how would you suggest that LE would know which landfill she ended up at given that you said it isn't important to know the timeline? She could be at a landfill in KY or anywhere in the US if it's never verified when she disappeared. I really doubt that all of the landfills in the whole surrounding area would have been checked before other waste got there and that's just the surrounding area. She could be at landfill anywhere.

BBM

Can you cite where a news reporter in this story specifically stated something as fact that turned to to be false because they didn't validate it? Maybe you're right, but please give an example. Sometimes, believe it or not, the authorities give the wrong information to reporters, often because the LE spokesperson is getting the information second-hand.

You don't have to put concerned parents "on display". They will put themselves out there.

BBM.

:yeahthat:

In my opinion, this has too many parallels to the Deorr Kunz case. A parent truly grieving but the "disappearance" never adds up. Likely an accidental death due to misadventure while unsupervised or left alone, then a cover-up. In poor Deorr's case, the clothes his parents said he was wearing when he disappeared from the campsite were found in their home they had to suddenly vacate when evicted but without motive or body there was no case for indictment. I do not see this case having a good outcome.

It reminds me of Deorr's case as well. And as with his case, my question is - who other than the two adults last saw Mariah and when was that?

jmo

This does not make sense to me. Why in the world would it not be important to know EXACTLY what time she went missing? (Goes to timeline) Where WAS everyone when she went missing? (Goes to location,, either travelling, or home).

I'm saying it's important for LE to know, not us. LE knows the timeline, that's what's important. We're not LE, we're not going to get the info LE is getting, we're getting whatever the media is telling us and when that information is contradictory it's pointless to continually rehash it when we could be putting our minds to better use on this case.

Welcome to newcomers to WS!

You might want to read the WS rules about what can be posted here. Screenshots and rumors are not allowed. When posting info, include a link to MSM (mainstream media) or LE (law enforcement).

Glad to have newcomers join in the discussions.

Who says that? I can't watch the video because of the Flash thing!
Bio-Dad&#8217;s girlfriend, they are both simultaneously listing the types of abuse alleged in the cps case, between them the list: physically; mentally; emotionally; & sexually.

Who says that? I can't watch the video because of the Flash thing!

It's an interview with the bio dad and his fiancee. Near the end of it they explain how they've been having trouble getting access, they've been fighting for custody but couldn't afford all the lawyers fees. They said that they felt the children were better off with them than with bio mom, and they said that in the bio mom's care the children had all sorts of abuse....physical, emotional, and sexual. They were crying and upset all through the interview, but they broke down even more when they spoke of these things.

All I keep wondering about is what is this poor child wearing? It got cold 2 nights in a row now, where is she? Im so afriad we are going to hear bad news any time now. Im praying she is okay where ever she is, God be with this child

SBM

According to initial reports, she was wearing pjs and underwear. The pjs were found by her bed. So she's been out in the elements in nothing but underwear :(

It's an interview with the bio dad and his fiancee. Near the end of it they explain how they've been having trouble getting access, they've been fighting for custody but couldn't afford all the lawyers fees. They said that they felt the children were better off with them than with bio mom, and they said that in the bio mom's care the children had all sorts of abuse....physical, emotional, and sexual. They were crying and upset all through the interview, but they broke down even more when they spoke of these things.

How sad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members