Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m about 45 mins away from onslow, and I have a friend who works at a landfill here. She said that’s one off the first things they do when any child is reported missing is start turning the landfill over.

:welcome:

Not getting good vibes about mom and her live in or sleepover boyfriend.

What 3 year old wakes up in the night and is told to get back in bed, not by mom at that but her 'boyfriend' - normal parents would find out the problem and help to soothe a child, as it is not normal, 3 year olds will sleep through smoke detector alarms. Also living in a trailer, not like somebody sneaking around in a home built of brick or stone, you can sense movement and windows are too tiny for egress.

Oh yeah, they stink. Poor baby.

That interview with the bio dad reveals a lot doesn’t it!?

There is no forensic evidence so far though. The mum and stepdad don’t seem like they are the sharpest knives in the drawer.... how is there no evidence? If they have done something, are they bright enough to have left zero trace?

jumping in late as usual. does anyone have a link to any source citing a weekend away or a borrowed suitcase?

thanks in advance...this case takes me back to isabel celis...sigh...

That interview with the bio dad reveals a lot doesn’t it!?

There is no forensic evidence so far though. The mum and stepdad don’t seem like they are the sharpest knives in the drawer.... how is there no evidence? If they have done something, are they bright enough to have left zero trace?
Around the 6min 20 mark My eyebrows went up.

e.t.a hit a 7 instead of 6! Should be 6 minute 30 mark.

If she needed prescription orthopedic shoes to walk how did she get out of bed, who helped her?

I have a hard time understanding having an unlocked door in that area.
And with young children in a trailer. I don't know about this trailer specifically, but if there's no deck or porch off the back, it's going to have steps. Dangerous for kids who decide to open the door and go out.

If she needed prescription orthopedic shoes to walk how did she get out of bed, who helped her?

I thought she would walk without the shoes/braces but she just couldn't do it well or for very long.

I think she could walk without them, but not straight as her leg would swing out, and the grandma said she falls after a bit without them. I don’t know how much of that is accurate, but that’s would mean that she could theoretically get herself out of bed and down a hallway. But I’m not convinced any of that actually happened either if that’s what you’re getting at. I would love to hear some info from anyone who actually saw them Sunday.

some neighbor told LE that a suitcase was borrowed from someone cause the family was planning to go to Kentucky for the holidays. They never went. So what happened to that suitcase? This was never addressed, like a lot of info these cops keep everything close to the vest. Maybe this is good.

All I keep wondering about is what is this poor child wearing? It got cold 2 nights in a row now, where is she? Im so afriad we are going to hear bad news any time now. Im praying she is okay where ever she is, God be with this child
Wait, we have an MSM source for them not going to Kentucky now? I haven't seen this yet. Do you have a link?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think y'all are getting yourselves too much in a tizzy over when she was or not reported missing. For one, that isn't important. It doesn't matter when she was reported missing, the fact that she is missing is important; second, all the available information is coming to the public through news media, the media has consistently shown themselves to be unreliable in reporting information at the start of an investigation, they all want to be the one to break news and they will take whatever bit of information they get and report it without validating the information. LE knows the specific details, that's what's important, not us knowing the down to the minute detail, that will come later.

I've seen some chatter about the family not being at the presser yesterday and speculating on why they weren't there. Again, it doesn't matter why they were not present, the presser was not about them, they already spoke to the media and spoke their peace, to put them on display again would be cruel and not necessary. I'm positive the FBI team had a hand in how that presser was conducted. The BAU people know how to conduct an interview and use the media to flush out a suspect, nothing is being said without BAU guidance. I have every confidence in the FBI and SBI and that they have this under control.

BBM

Can you cite where a news reporter in this story specifically stated something as fact that turned to to be false because they didn't validate it? Maybe you're right, but please give an example. Sometimes, believe it or not, the authorities give the wrong information to reporters, often because the LE spokesperson is getting the information second-hand.

You don't have to put concerned parents "on display". They will put themselves out there.

According to greatschools.org, the assigned school based on an address of 2404 Dawson Cabin Road would be Southwest Elementary, which is located at 2601 Burgaw Hwy.
https://www.greatschools.org/search... road Jacksonville, north carolina&distance=5

According to school website, http://southwest.nc.oce.schoolinsites.com (very bottom, middle of page) the first Bell is at 8:00am and warning bell at 8:10, tardy bell at 8:15, and the earliest students may enter is 7:45am.

The school is appx 7 miles/10-11 min drive from the residence.
https://www.google.com/search?q=240...ericamovil-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
I was 8 miles from my school - a ten minute drive - but the bus ride was 45 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

She probably crawled out, you know how toddlers slither up & down the furniture? I would imagine even with her difficulties in her own way she was pretty mobile. ... don’t get me wrong I don’t think she went anywhere outside of the trailer by herself, but I don’t think her disability immobilised her to the extent she couldn’t move from a spot she was placed. (The bio dad refers crawling & keeping up with the other kids in his interviews.)

Thinking about the presser yesterday and Sheriff saying he "didn't know" where bio mom is in that weird way and also LE releasing the Walmart video earlier in the day. I wonder if LE even showed mom that video before they released it? No one in the family was pleading for info yesterday either. Strange

You have the link....I did see the video but I lost the link and want to review again...thanks.
Sure! https://www.google.com/amp/abc11.co...rch-continues-for-missing-3-year-old/2702373/. You need to scroll right down to the ‘raw video of emotional interview...’ currently it’s the video second from the bottom of the article, but the report gets updated so might be moved around. It’s the 6 minute 30 mark btw, I hit a wrong digit in my first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member