Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are the parents? "I don't know where they are." he said?!

I think that's a stall tactic because he doesn't want the public to know that they're the number one POI. If pushed he could just say, "I didn't know. They could be being interrogated, could be taking a polygraph, anything."

Oh man, this is giving me flashbacks of Haleigh. All the searches, no info. from press conferences. Child just disappears, poof, in the middle of the night.

Additional press conference later- no time yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting... they've just said they are going to have an additional news conference later on, but haven't decided when.

About the parents “we’ve talked to them and they’ve talked to us”. And then “I don’t know where they are”

That was in response to are the parents cooperating.

And he stopped what he was starting to say about the parents and prefaced it with.. "Let me put it to you this way.."
Doesn't sound much like he's getting full cooperation.

Has anyone said when the last time anyone aside from the two adults who live with Mariah last saw her? She could have been killed awhile back and nobody would know.

yep they're already planning another pc. imo they found her earlier

They keep repeating that they are looking for someone who had contact with the family on Sunday. I feel like that is the only reason they had this presser. I don't think they don't want to give even a bit of new info. They are still looking for evidence/tips from the public. JMO.

I think they were stalling. I’ve seen so many interviews via dateline and shows like that where they don’t tell them that they’ve found someone.

That said if she was found I suspect someone would have seen the ME arrive to the scene.

Edit- between this and the hearing for sherin my phone/ iPad/ and computer have been freezing up 🤪

I feel the same way... like they are trying to give a POI some confidence hoping he/she will slip up. I hope this doesn’t turn into another child never found.

Respectfully I disagree with this. I think LE would want the POI(s) to think they have tons of evidence, found dna, blood, whatever. Then the POI would think if I confess now maybe I won't get the DP. Or maybe LE told them that, show us the body and maybe we can work with you.

FBI did a much better job than the Sheriff. Even if you aren't disclosing new information, there's a way to do it that doesn't make you sound like a careless jerk. Laughing and shrugging when there's a missing child and a terrified community is inexcusable IMO.

No public searches would be helpful at this time. They are doing specific and targeted searches with experts. I think they found her and they don't want certain people to know that. Maybe one person is talking and others aren't?

They couldn't have found her because someone would have reported the Medical Examiner showing up.

Thank you for the updates, everyone!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks! They made it quick, and advanced me to the next round!

Here for Mariah. I wish I could be more hopeful for good news. [emoji174]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congratulations & good luck in the next round too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper