Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their continued pleas for anyone who had contact with the family on Sunday or Monday got me thinking. I'm wondering if maybe they are reporting to LE that they had contact with someone that they didn't know well or at all, say a stranger knocked and asked for a jumpstart, or they were out in public and someone acted slightly off towards Mariah, something like that.

It goes against my gut instinct of what happened here, but maybe that's why they're asking for someone to come forward, because they're trying to verify if someone exists and identify them to investigate if they had anything to do with the disappearance.

I'm surprised. After seeing the lights brought in I thought they'd be there longer.

Yeah, maybe LE wants to secure the area during the night? I dunno, maybe the terrain's too rough to risk people walking in the dark.

My fear is that they don’t find her - or find her a month or two from now and we end up with the same situation as poor Caylee Anthony (can’t prove a cause of death or who did it) & she never has justice.

Hi, I'm new here. This is happening just a couple of miles from my home and it breaks my heart. I have a couple of questions? Has anyone heard anymore about the impromptu trip that the mom and boyfriend took right before Mariah went missing. I heard something about borrowed luggage and was wondering if that had been investigated. Also does anyone know if they ever found someone who actually saw the child come back from that trip. If not..... my gut tells me that she is not in Jacksonville and that trip may have very well been to dispose of her.

AFAIK, the trip and the borrowed luggage can't be confirmed as actually happening. I know Mariah's mom made mention of missing her KY family, but I don't know if they went to see them over Thanksgiving.

OT: whenever I see Thanksgiving weekend, I'm always like "why are we discussing an event that happened in October?! Mariah was reported missing only a few days ago!" Then I remember...US Thanksgiving just happened. In a Canada, our Thanksgiving is the 2nd Sunday in October.

If they are just organizing civilian searches they must have exhausted the areas they thought might produce evidence. They had LE, FBI, Marines, divers etc. I guess what I am trying to say is that when you have a large group of well meaning community folk, they might be eager to help but could potentially trample on evidence get in the way, and maybe even compromise the investigation.

My opinion is that they already have something substantial that was sent to Quantico. Now, they are looking for a body. Hope I am wrong.

Additionally....

It is not unheard of that volunteers get injured traversing rough terrain...

adding to the complications...

:thinking:

For those who commented questioning about how a mother might not hear something, she may not have if she has hearing loss/partial deafness, although that would not apply if she had had corrective surgery. JMO

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm new here. This is happening just a couple of miles from my home and it breaks my heart. I have a couple of questions? Has anyone heard anymore about the impromptu trip that the mom and boyfriend took right before Mariah went missing. I heard something about borrowed luggage and was wondering if that had been investigated. Also does anyone know if they ever found someone who actually saw the child come back from that trip. If not..... my gut tells me that she is not in Jacksonville and that trip may have very well been to dispose of her.

Since you are in that immediate area, could you ask these questions of LE?

For those who commented questioning about how a mother might not hear something, she may not have if she has hearing loss/partial deafness, although that would not apply if she had had corrective surgery. JMO

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Is there any evidence that she suffers from hearing loss?
Or she might say she does, as a way to justify her not hearing anything.

IMO

I knew right off Susan Smith was faking, but I thought she was hiding them from the father for some unknown reason. My heart broke when the truth came out. Sad to think Michael,and Alex would be 24, and 26 years old now. They were each a month apart in respective ages to my two oldest sons.
Also her 1930 cartoon depiction of the 'black' man she
Claimed carjacked her,and her boys. Thank God there were no random lynchings, on her account. I doubt she would care if there had been.

I told my father the day it happened that she put those boys in a lake somewhere. Still don’t know why I came up with that scenario but I knew she had done something terrible to those precious boys.

In my opinion the reason is that it's not what she says - it's what she doesn't say, so we have a subconscious expectation that isn't met. I don't think we process missing communications in the same way - we register something's not right but can't pinpoint exactly what it is because it's not anything she's specifically said.

As I posted before I believe based on what she's said that she knows Mariah is dead. Therefore it's entirely natural for her not to be worried about what Mariah is enduring, and she omits to say anything about that. She just isn't fearful enough is what comes through - but she is plainly grieving her loss.

Agreed. She seems sad, but not at all worried about where her baby is. Thanks for putting this into words.

I’d be interested in knowing when the last time she was seen by someone else than the Mom and her bf. Has anyone said? She could have been missing before it was reported and that’s absolutely terrifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My feed keeps skipping/dropping. Thanks to everyone who continued to transcribe.

Just want to say, it's very concerning LE have not made contact will ALL neighbors yet. JMO. Are there certain people who are avoiding the police? :scared:

Maybe so. Out of curiosity, I checked the registry.

My fear is that they don’t find her - or find her a month or two from now and we end up with the same situation as poor Caylee Anthony (can’t prove a cause of death or who did it) & she never has justice.
Ayla Reynolds

You're not the first person to say this. Unless of course you've said it before on this thread lol. I can't remember who has said it.

Every time the mother has spoken publicly I have been reminded immediately of Susan Smith. I'm not sure why. It's not the content, but, maybe, mannerisms. IDK.

Wow! Just the fact that they didn't contact Mariah's father when she went missing. No way. I called everyone I knew when my youngest went missing. His father would have been the first one if I wasn't still with him at that time.
No way in Hell I wouldn't call the father, and see if he was with him, or make him hear it on an amber alert.
So why didn't Mariah's mother call???????????????
That's a major Red Flag right there. MAJOR RED FLAG!
I pray for Mariah's brothers. I hope they are in a safe place.

I've only viewed one video of the mother (her plea video a couple days ago) Before I head back to thread #1 &#2 to dig for more that were posted that I may have missed, ARE there more videos/interviews/pleas of the mother?

I think there is one more, done at night. Maybe on the last thread.

I'm waiting for additional input -- something from OFFICIAL sources. moo

Wow! Just the fact that they didn't contact Mariah's father when she went missing. No way. I called everyone I knew when my youngest went missing. His father would have been the first one if I wasn't still with him at that time.
No way in Hell I wouldn't call the father, and see if he was with him, or make him hear it on an amber alert.
So why didn't Mariah's mother call???????????????
That's a major Red Flag right there. MAJOR RED FLAG!
I pray for Mariah's brothers. I hope they are in a safe place.

Someone earlier reported that he said something about having a new number, so it’s unclear if she knew how to contact him. FWIW

Off topic, but I would be more than willing to help the bio Dad to retain a lawyer so he can be represented in court to gain custody of his children. The legal arena is viscous without fair representation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties