Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its hard for me to read all of this today...my children have been violently hit with a belt by their father and the court system in AL allowed the father to get custody even though I was a stay at home mom with them and have never been arrested, while their father have a drug record. To date, DHR in Alabama refuse to do anything after the horrific bruises my children endure time and time again. My family has spent hundreds of thousands on attorneys and appeals, etc. at this point I am now filing as "pro se" the only way I can help my babies.
My ex husband used to be hit by the belt by his parents growing up and in AL they think "corpal punishment" is allowed. My two year little girl had marks on her back for over a month from the belt beating by her father. DHR never took the kids away from him. DHR does nothing, until your children are dead.
It sickens me...and CPS/DHR are involved and they never do the right thing for the children that are suffering.

My heart is really hurting for baby Mariah....

I am so sorry to read what you and your kids are dealing with. We are all hurting for that poor little girl.

Its hard for me to read all of this today...my children have been violently hit with a belt by their father and the court system in AL allowed the father to get custody even though I was a stay at home mom with them and have never been arrested, while their father have a drug record. To date, DHR in Alabama refuse to do anything after the horrific bruises my children endure time and time again. My family has spent hundreds of thousands on attorneys and appeals, etc. at this point I am now filing as "pro se" the only way I can help my babies.
My ex husband used to be hit by the belt by his parents growing up and in AL they think "corpal punishment" is allowed. My two year little girl had marks on her back for over a month from the belt beating by her father. DHR never took the kids away from him. DHR does nothing, until your children are dead.
It sickens me...and CPS/DHR are involved and they never do the right thing for the children that are suffering.

Prayers to you and your children. It took me over a year and over 15 thousand to get sole custody of my children and the only way it finally went my way was the judge finally agreed to speak to my children. Thank the Lord my children have not seen their father in over a year and last we heard he was in jail.

Prayers Mariah is found today and someone will break and come forward and finally tell the truth.

Prayers to you and your children. It took me over a year and over 15 thousand to get sole custody of my children and the only way it finally went my way was the judge finally agreed to speak to my children. Thank the Lord my children have not seen their father in over a year and last we heard he was in jail.

Prayers Mariah is found today and someone will break and come forward and finally tell the truth.

I recently told my children that they will have to speak to the judge..no one has ever spoken to them before not even the GAL...its a shame that its all about money in the court system regarding custody of children. Because my ex husband sought "sole custody" joint was not an option. The appeal was 40K alone..it is INSANE

Just checking in to see if there has been any word. Sounds like nothing new. Poor baby.

We're not allowed to post any background sleuthing on anyone who isn't a named person of interest.

I think we're allowed to say the name of the boyfriend? His name is A E K, but he seems to miss off the A and use his middle name instead.

I am soooo sorry to read this. As for me I would die fighting for my children. I would take pictures and sit myself on the courthouse steps and in every single newspaper and tv studio that would let me in. NO MAN WOULD EVER HIT MY KIDS.

I know it's hard and a struggle but we are our childrens protectors and advocators. We have to stand strong and stand together.

I was thinking about what I read about the live in boyfriend of Mariah's mother belting her ten year old brother. I cried thinking of that child going about his school and coming home to that.

That mother should be jailed for allowing that to happen to the boy and Lord knows what happened to the girl.

I'm sorry but children are my most precious ones.

I personally do not consider a boyfriend and a girlfriend to be a victim. But I definitely consider the custodial parent to be a victim. Have you not seen the photos of the little girl; she was obviously treated like a princess. The custodial mother also took on the work required with the braces for the little girl.
Caylee had beautiful pictures, too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

New WS'ers, please be cautious sleuthing anyone not named a person of interest. It's against TOS and we don't want you to get a time-out [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good afternoon everyone! Is LE back on the bridge? Any comments about the bridge search? Praying today is the day.

This. It's difficult for any of us to know all or any of the dynamics in their relationship and there's likely some degree of truth to what both are saying. I just can't imagine there ever being such a distance between 2 parents that you wouldn't reach out to the other when the child you share has gone missing. For a multitude of reasons. It's just all so incredibly sad.
All she had to do was tell LE the bio dad's name. Nothing else, just his name, and they would have taken care of notifying him and making sure Mariah wasn't with him.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Is it pretty standard operating procedure in a potential abduction to focus all of the search efforts near the child's home? I know typically stats suggest most abducted children who end up murdered are murdered within 3-6 hours of the abduction, but I haven't been able to find any stats regarding where the child is typically found if murdered as far as distance from the abduction site.

I know the likelihood is far higher that a parent or someone she knew is responsible and at the top of the list as far as stats go. And I'd imagine a child wandering away from the house and getting lost that way is probably pretty high up there too. Stranger abduction would be down at the very bottom of the list of likely scenarios, so I guess it might be normal to focus the investigation on the most likely scenarios and work the abduction scenario in the background.

If someone knows or has the stats, I'd love to see them. I don't follow many missing kids cases, because I get too upset.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/11/30/crime-stories-missing-mariahs-dad-speaks-to-nancy-again/

From Nancy Grace podcast: Alex Woods says a "grandmother" who lives near bio mom and family saw someone walk out the back door of Mariah's home, carrying something, around 3 or 4 am that morning. The woman's name is "Hannah". She helped the mom watch the kids sometimes.

In the Nancy Grace interview with the bio father, he said that (I presume according to the mom/bf) that the door of the home was found ajar, not just unlocked, when they got up.

Maybe that means Mariah could have opened the door and wandered off. Maybe an intruder didn't bother to take time to shut the door behind them?

So someone could have 3-4 hours to come up with a plan before getting Mariah out of the house?

I know there were several time when I've carried in kids that I've left the door open because I didn't get it shut with the hip bounce or a gentle foot push the first time. I could also see someone not wanting to wake up the house leaving the door open as well. My ex lived in an older trailer and shutting the door was loud. The walls were thin and interior walls not insulated, so it let the sound travel fairly well. But I could also see that as part of a plan to make it look like someone entered the home and abducted Mariah.

Also who the heck is up at 3 or 4 am watching someone's back door? Does the trailer have a light over/beside the back door?

Listening to this interview. Bio dad (AW)says, no other clothing was missing (I had wondered if PJ's were removed and Maria was dressed so apparently not). Anna, a neighbor who helped watch Mariah saw someone go out the back door carrying something around 3am. Vehicle has been impounded. Mark Klaus advises AW to speak with authorities so he can know what is rumor and what is fact. AW alleges live in bf has drug and temper issues further stating CPS was involved and took children away (giving to AW) due to bf beating oldest son with a belt leaving marks and bruises. Both Mom and BF tried to cover it up by saying the boy fell from bunkbed. AW asked police if they have given Mom and BF polygraph tests and was told no.

Does anyone actually know exactly what clothing their children have and in the panic of dealing with a missing child, would a parent have the time/mental clarity to go through the clothing to know if anything was missing? I could probably be shown a picture of one of my kids' clothing items and recognize it, but I doubt I could go through a dresser or closet and pick out something missing. If I could, I would save a lot of time and stress in the mornings when one of the girls can't find a very specific thing she absolutely has to wear that day.

We're not allowed to post any background sleuthing on anyone who isn't a named person of interest.

I think we're allowed to say the name of the boyfriend? His name is A E K, but he seems to miss off the A and use his middle name instead.
We're allowed to discuss what's in MSM, and that includes names unless they are minors. The mods will remove pictures and names of minors even if MSM covers them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Good afternoon everyone! Is LE back on the bridge? Any comments about the bridge search? Praying today is the day.
I saw a post/photo on FB but didn't want to report here bc not sure if it's valid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Is it pretty standard operating procedure in a potential abduction to focus all of the search efforts near the child's home? I know typically stats suggest most abducted children who end up murdered are murdered within 3-6 hours of the abduction, but I haven't been able to find any stats regarding where the child is typically found if murdered as far as distance from the abduction site.

I know the likelihood is far higher that a parent or someone she knew is responsible and at the top of the list as far as stats go. And I'd imagine a child wandering away from the house and getting lost that way is probably pretty high up there too. Stranger abduction would be down at the very bottom of the list of likely scenarios, so I guess it might be normal to focus the investigation on the most likely scenarios and work the abduction scenario in the background.

If someone knows or has the stats, I'd love to see them. I don't follow many missing kids cases, because I get too upset.

So someone could have 3-4 hours to come up with a plan before getting Mariah out of the house?

I know there were several time when I've carried in kids that I've left the door open because I didn't get it shut with the hip bounce or a gentle foot push the first time. I could also see someone not wanting to wake up the house leaving the door open as well. My ex lived in an older trailer and shutting the door was loud. The walls were thin and interior walls not insulated, so it let the sound travel fairly well. But I could also see that as part of a plan to make it look like someone entered the home and abducted Mariah.

Also who the heck is up at 3 or 4 am watching someone's back door? Does the trailer have a light over/beside the back door?

Does anyone actually know exactly what clothing their children have and in the panic of dealing with a missing child, would a parent have the time/mental clarity to go through the clothing to know if anything was missing? I could probably be shown a picture of one of my kids' clothing items and recognize it, but I doubt I could go through a dresser or closet and pick out something missing. If I could, I would save a lot of time and stress in the mornings when one of the girls can't find a very specific thing she absolutely has to wear that day.
Unless it was a favorite of my son's I wouldn't know a piece of clothing was missing.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I've been upset all week worrying about this little girl, the 1st night it was cold. I hope they are having warmer milder weather if she is lost somewhere but now I'm getting mad at reading more and more info. If the obit I posted up thread was correct which I think it is, the BF was the last child of 4 kids, the baby and named after his father. I too was the last child and the only girl, he was the only boy. Babies in the family get special attention and spoiled more than the older kids usually. I think the BF is a spoiled brat with anger and jealously issues and little man syndrome to top that off, I saw his arrest record and it shows him at 5'6" and 140 something pounds.

I am soooo sorry to read this. As for me I would die fighting for my children. I would take pictures and sit myself on the courthouse steps and in every single newspaper and tv studio that would let me in. NO MAN WOULD EVER HIT MY KIDS.

I know it's hard and a struggle but we are our childrens protectors and advocators. We have to stand strong and stand together.

I was thinking about what I read about the live in boyfriend of Mariah's mother belting her ten year old brother. I cried thinking of that child going about his school and coming home to that.

That mother should be jailed for allowing that to happen to the boy and Lord knows what happened to the girl.

I'm sorry but children are my most precious ones.

Sadly that would backfire. I did just that, I was at the court filing emergency order after emergency order and writing letter after letter, my ex's attorney turned this all around on me and made me look like a crazy person out to get my ex. I turned into being the unstable one, it was not until my children got to speak the judge saw I was telling the truth. My ex was so abusive and the judge felt the stories where to far fetched. There was one point where I saw my kids on the weekends only, I thought I would die, I considered kidnapping them. Every weekend they cried and begged not to go back to their father, it was the worst 3 months of my life. I even called child protective services and this also got me no where, they closed the case within days. My ex even had a record for beating me multiple times. Non of this mattered, the judge believed my ex. I had pictures and police reports, still didn't matter. But I fought and fought and finally won and now my kids are safe and happy and at peace.

Forgive me if this is a repost but I found it interesting because it is first pics I have seen of whole family.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-interest.html?ito=email_share_mobile-bottom

Also from above, recap:

"The hunt for missing Mariah: FBI forensics team test 'items of interest' after searching under three-year-old's home as her father says ex-wife is LYING

FBI forensics teams are testing items retrieved in the search for Mariah Woods

Agents will not say what they are but they were sent to the training academy in Quantico on Wednesday after Mariah's home was searched

Forensics teams were seen looking under the trailer in Jacksonville, North Carolina, where she was last seen alive

Mariah's mother Kristy claims she was taken from her bedroom between midnight and 6am on Monday

Her father Alex, 35, says he does not believe his ex-wife's version of events

Kristy's boyfriend Earl Kimrey is the last person believed to have seen her alive

On Friday, 700 people showed up to help the search for her in North Carolina

Anyone with information is urged to contact Onslow County Sheriff’s Office at 910-455-3113, or Crime Stoppers at 910-938-3273 "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485