Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO - Shame, guilt - if it turns out she is responsible for Mariah's disappearance.
And possibly hoping to buy some time before LE heard all the father had to say about the boyfriend and his alleged abuse.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hi you guys I am new. I wanted to share my thoughts on this sad case. I feel like mom and her bf do know what happened to Mariah. If you notice moms interview compared to dads is like night and day. Also it's a red flag dad Claimed abuse already happened and CPS had previous taken the kids from mom. My question is why Mariah and not one of the brothers? Like why would they single her out? Maybe it was harder to care for her needs but I heard one brother suffered from the same thing. I wonder if le have tried interviewing the 10 year old maybe he seen or heard something. I feel bad for all three kids cause in this situation mom apparently neglected them and abused them all according to dad. This is just so sad. I also don't think Mariahs body was dumped anywhere near the home.

Hi you guys I am new. I wanted to share my thoughts on this sad case. I feel like mom and her bf do know what happened to Mariah. If you notice moms interview compared to dads is like night and day. Also it's a red flag dad Claimed abuse already happened and CPS had previous taken the kids from mom. My question is why Mariah and not one of the brothers? Like why would they single her out? Maybe it was harder to care for her needs but I heard one brother suffered from the same thing. I wonder if le have tried interviewing the 10 year old maybe he seen or heard something. I feel bad for all three kids cause in this situation mom apparently neglected them and abused them all according to dad. This is just so sad. I also don't think Mariahs body was dumped anywhere near the home.

:welcome:

Mariah may have been the target simply due to her gender. If u know what I mean. Sadly.

Thats pretty amazing! Any chance you can ask the person at the information desk?

I may do that if I see that lady there again. It seems it's never the same person, lol!

Welcome! Wish I knew the answers to those questions as well.

Mariah may have been the target simply due to her gender. If u know what I mean. Sadly.

Yes, she's the only female.
She's the youngest.
She's the weakest.
She's more dependent than your avg. 3yo with walking trouble
AKA, She's less mobile
She's easier to manipulate / lie to / convince
She's more trusting
She's most fragile IF this was some type of accident / cover up. The boys may have been able to withstand a forceful blow, but not her.

The list goes on and on...

The possibilities of what could have happened to this innocent baby break my heart 😭

This is interesting information. I can't help but wonder if she was in fact abducted by someone. WSers had said in previous threads that there are SOs that live nearby. LE should check them out if they haven't already.

I would expect, and I sincerely hope, that normal practice would be to send a car to each of the closer known RSO addresses within the first few hours of any child going missing.

We have to bear in mind, that each RSO will have a different history, and not all of them might be a predilection for 3-yr old girls, I think a lot of reoffenders will tend to stick with their preference, so just having RSO status might not make them a strong suspect. I still expect that any of them that are remote possibilities would be checked out as to their whereabouts and maybe LE would ask for a look around their abode, and if they say 'no', then that would put a red flag on their name.

Knowing now there are likely alligators in that swamp It chills me to think what they found down there yesterday.

There's a part of me that wants to ask what signs the divers might be looking for in gator-inhabited water? And a part of me that isn't sure we should even ask the question :-/

Oh God......When I read that Mariah’s brother allegedly was beaten (by the live in BF) with a BELT resulting in bruises.....I truly wanted to vomit at the thought of these poor, defenseless, innocent kids being subjected to this mistreatment by their mom’s LIVE-IN BF!! Dear God - how can a mother allow her BF to mistreat her kids like this?

It brought back horrific memories of my childhood and my mother’s allowance of it......my older brothers were beaten with a BELT over and over and I witnessed their EVERY beating by “my loving Catholic father”, allowed by “my loving Catholic mother” when we were young. I will never EVER forget the horrific abuse we all endured, but mostly by my brothers. I myself was raped by a neighbor but that is another story. I am sickened that this abuse still takes place in this day and age.

How awful for Mariah and her brothers. I have no idea of what else these poor kids experienced but I am so sorry for all they endured. Oh God I just want to sit down and cry at the thought of it all. It has taken me 50 years to overcome the hell we lived in. I pray for Mariah’s well being (but I know that is asking too much at this point) along with her brothers. Tears for all the hell they have lived thru.

God will deal with the horrible monsters among us who harm his precious babies. I am so sad over this awful, awful happening. Oh how I hurt for these poor kids. My heart bleeds.

***Blondie - I am so sorry :( I was horribly abused verbally by my narcissistic mother and ex husband). I know what you mean with your heart. Cyber hugs to you and your brothers.

So many people. I was turned away. Did anyone else on here go out there today?

Thank you for offering your help! I am so pleased so many people have turned out for Mariah, there are a lot of people with kind hearts at times like this.

For all who have suffered :grouphug:

Yes, she's the only female.
She's the youngest.
She's the weakest.
She's more dependent than your avg. 3yo with walking trouble
AKA, She's less mobile
She's easier to manipulate / lie to / convince
She's more trusting
She's most fragile IF this was some type of accident / cover up. The boys may have been able to withstand a forceful blow, but not her.

The list goes on and on...

And she could have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time and not singled out in any way.

Sometimes there's no explanation. My best friend's father used to beat her brother with a belt every night I ever stayed there. Yet he treated both girls fairly well. The boy was even the spitting image of him and his only son. You would think that would have made him feel tenderness towards him but it didn't. The boy was also very sweet and very well behaved. No one ever understood why this happened.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The door was ajar? How didn’t the cold air creeping in wake anyone up?

I have to confess we didn’t regularly fully lock our backdoor pre-kids, we just left it on a chain. Sometimes if a wind picked up from a certain direction the door blew open as far as the chain allowed. So a 3/4 inch gap?

Every time it happened, summer or winter, the cold draft woke me, I’m not a light sleeper and our bedroom was on the opposite side of the house on the next floor.

The door was ajar? How didn’t the cold air creeping in wake anyone up?

I have to confess we didn’t regularly fully lock our backdoor pre-kids, we just left it on a chain. Sometimes if a wind picked up from a certain direction the door blew open as far as the chain allowed. So a 3/4 inch gap?

Every time it happened, summer or winter, the cold draft woke me, I’m not a light sleeper and our bedroom was on the opposite side of the house on the next floor.

That is the reason I figured the door couldn't have been left open, either from Mariah going out or an abductor leaving the door open after them.

It's not something the police can verify, so it could be true or not. That is assuming that mom/bf actually went outside and called for Mariah before calling police?

How many doors would be on one of those mobile homes? Just one, or a front and back door?

Another thing that was either in the Nancy Grace interview or in another media report was that someone said the mom didn't call 911 but instead a more general police line? Does anyone else remember hearing/reading that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
De0911