Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I am interested in is their sleeping arrangements? I believe a trailer like that is probably no bigger then a 3 bedroom. I thought I saw somewhere on here that the mother, BF grandma and brothers where all at the home. Do they all live/sleep there? I would assume that the mom and BF shared a room, the grandma may have had one and you would think maybe all the kids shared one? How is it that little Mariah had her own room at 3yrs old or where was she sleeping? I don't know it just seems strange that all those people in that home and no one knows where the baby is. :scared:

I believe grandma lives nearby, not with them. It sounds like grandma came to the home around the time she was reported missing. (The article you were thinking about was poorly worded and kind of made it sound like she lived there.)

The trailer appears to have one bedroom on one side of the house and two others at the other end, with the living room/kitchen in the middle.

Crowd of volunteers turns out in Onslow County to search for Mariah Woods

Jacksonville, N.C. — Crowds of volunteers turned out early Friday morning to help authorities search for an Onslow County girl who has been missing for five days.
The line of more than 200 people spilled out of Onslow Community Church around 8 a.m. Friday when authorities asked for help following a fourth full day of searching that turned up no signs of 3-year-old Mariah Kay Woods.
Mariah's mother told the Onslow County Sheriff's Office that she last saw her daughter at their family home, at 2404 Dawson Cabin Road in Jacksonville, on Sunday night when she put her to bed.

http://www.wral.com/crowd-of-volunt...w-county-to-search-for-mariah-woods/17151951/

[h=1]Friday’s volunteer cut off due to overwhelming community support; law officials thankful[/h]JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) — Due to overwhelming public support, the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office is now turning away additional volunteers for Friday’s search for the missing toddler Mariah Woods.

Onslow County Sheriff’s expressed their gratitude to the community on Friday in a press release.
The release also said the reason for turning away volunteers is because the search would be delayed if people kept showing up.
The sheriff’s office will hold additional volunteer searches in the coming days.
Crime Stoppers offers cash rewards of up to $2,500 for information that is deemed of value or assistance to law enforcement.
http://wnct.com/2017/12/01/fridays-...ming-community-support-law-officals-thankful/

Yeah, I mean, people can be contacted via FB, or she could have called the police in his city and explained the emergency and had them go find him. There's really *no* excuse.

MOO - Shame, guilt - if it turns out she is responsible for Mariah's disappearance.

Search for missing 3-year-old Mariah Woods enters 5th day

ONSLOW COUNTY, North Carolina (WTVD) -- The search for missing Onslow County 3-year-old Mariah Kay Woods resumed Friday morning with a renewed effort that included a growing number of volunteers.

THE LATEST:

* FBI Lab in Quantico, VA is testing items of interest
* Search volunteers arrived at Dawson Community Church Friday morning
* Search focused solely on Onslow County but officials are following up on all tips

[...]

Volunteers who want to help should be prepared to show an ID to register. Volunteers are asked to wear appropriate attire and bring their own water or snacks.

The FBI said Thursday that it is testing "items of interest" at its lab in Quantico, Virginia.

Onslow County Sheriff Hans Miller is urging the public to comb through their properties meticulously for "any clues," including wooded areas or "outbuildings" such as sheds or barns.

http://abc11.com/search-for-missing-3-year-old-mariah-woods-enters-5th-day/2702373/

Knowing now there are likely alligators in that swamp It chills me to think what they found down there yesterday.

Any live video feeds of the search this morning?

Yes, there are. Stoney Creek, at least the swampy areas that are on the USMC base was often referred to as "alligator alley".

MOO - Shame, guilt - if it turns out she is responsible for Mariah's disappearance.

She probably felt he could "read her" if she turns out to have been involved which IMOO she is.

Can anyone tell me where they are concentrating their search today?

Please use "Reply With Quote" so we can follow the conversation. TIA.

In the Nancy Grace interview with the bio father, he said that (I presume according to the mom/bf) that the door of the home was found ajar, not just unlocked, when they got up.

Maybe that means Mariah could have opened the door and wandered off. Maybe an intruder didn't bother to take time to shut the door behind them?

This is interesting information. I can't help but wonder if she was in fact abducted by someone. WSers had said in previous threads that there are SOs that live nearby. LE should check them out if they haven't already.

Hmm...I dunno. My gut tells me that even if it was a predator LE may say there is nothing for other parents to be concerned with since it would be quite rare for another abduction to occur so soon. Think about it for a moment, how often do you hear about a kid being kidnapped then a week later another kid from the same community goes missing. Yea, it's happened but it seems pretty rare and based on FBI data it would be near impossible for another child to be stolen from their bed in the same community within a week of one already occurring.

I just read an FBI report that was posted in the Mariah threads that said out of something like 200,000 abductions in a year only 18 involved a child being kidnapped from inside the home. I think the sheriff knows the numbers are on his side in this community so the rest of the parents have no reason to be concerned.

The word abduction could be used if it were someone the family knew. If police are thinking in that direction it would lesson risk to the community. Would they consider it abduction if they suspected the bf since he doesn't have legal custody?

That is the only thing I can figure out. I so wish I had asked but I was a little overwhelmed at the time!

Thats pretty amazing! Any chance you can ask the person at the information desk?

In the Nancy Grace interview with the bio father, he said that (I presume according to the mom/bf) that the door of the home was found ajar, not just unlocked, when they got up.

Maybe that means Mariah could have opened the door and wandered off. Maybe an intruder didn't bother to take time to shut the door behind them?

Didn't they have a birthday party for Mariah just recently? I saw pics and even video of her birthday party recently. It's possible someone who attended that party could have walked back through the trailer (for bathroom, etc.) and quietly unlocked a door that was normally always locked. They could have returned through that unlocked door and abducted little Mariah. There are so many pedophiles in the world today, it just takes my breath away. As I read in an earlier post, there were 177 (RSOs) within a 10 mile radius of Mariah's home. It could have been an actual planned abduction by a pervert.

Just a thought. Praying she is found soon.

That is the only thing I can figure out. I so wish I had asked but I was a little overwhelmed at the time!

Do you know who is missing? Did they give you any info?

Was the volunteer search supposed to start today at 8am EST? I hope there was an enormous turn out of local people trying to find this beautiful little girl.
So many people. I was turned away. Did anyone else on here go out there today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje