Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any thoughts on why the searching is seeming to be focused on water/creeks? I would certainly understand that there would be a risk of a small child falling into water that's near their home, but the creek on Highway 17 seems way too far for a 3-yr old with mobility issues to reach by herself in freezing cold temperatures and almost no clothes on.

Is it more that the terrain is mostly woods and creeks so that's what we're going to see them searching in, or is there some other reason for the creeks?

Maybe they found some wet adult clothes at the house?

“Neighbors in the same Inez Mobile Home Park in which the Woods’ resided recall an incident in which Kimery, the live-in boyfriend of Kristy Woods, struck the family’s Ford Windstar using a baseball bat.

“He smashed every window and piece of glass on that van. We all saw it because it happened in the middle of the day,” Kelly Kerr said. Kerr lives three doors down from the home shared by Kimery and Woods. Kerr said Kimery said afterward the incident that he had an “adult temper” and told Kerr the reason he struck it was because he had been left alone at home without car keys and was out of cigarettes.

“They were always fighting,” Kerr said.”

Yikes.
<sigh> This is just the beginning, I'm afraid.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I still stuck with either cell phone or vehicle technology put someone at that spot for a few minutes *or* a confession.
I guess if I had a #3 it would be someone traveling that stretch that recalls seeing someone on the bridge. I’d love to hear other thoughts on why they are focusing there.

At one point the sheriff’s department was asking on their FB page for anyone to come forward who had seen the (very distinctive) family van after midnight (?) or late Sunday very early Monday. IIRC they eventually removed the post. Someone may well have come forward with info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some folks have poor impulse control even without drugs. I do wonder if there was a good tip leading them back to that area of water. Could somebody have driven by and saw a/their vehicle parked there in the dark of night?

I think there are a number of things that could direct them to the creek. A tip reporting a vehicle or person there, a tip reporting dumping, finding mud or marsh plants on shoes in the home, seeing a car belonging to an unnamed POI on video driving in that direction at a time of interest, finding muddy clothes in the house, finding something connecting the area to the house (either at the house or at the crime scene). We know the garbage was taken away from the home early on, and LE searched nearby areas (including under houses).

He smashed all of the windows on the van because he was out of cigs? :eek:

They look to be pretty low income---and yet he smashes all of the van's windows. How much would it cost to replace those windows? I'm guessing it would be very expensive.

That illustrates how out of control this guy's temper is.

That type of behavior, I don't care where you live, is out of control, irrational, and abnormal.

Who destroys their own car?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mariah&#8217;s father said on Nancy Grace that the boyfriend had been fired for using drugs on the job.

Thanks for the response, treading lightly here, specific occupation/work location can possibly directly coorelate with awareness space and therefore possible disposal site.

(Great article re awareness space article for reference, geographic profiling, all that stuff...for new folks who may be interested, I post this article a lot here:
Jessica Ridgeway: Killer&#8217;s &#8216;awareness space&#8217; may lead to clues
http://www.boulderweekly.com/news/j...-lsquoawareness-spacersquo-may-lead-to-clues/ )

My heart breaks for you. What's the matter with these courts? Really what's a parent to do if the system is against you.

Reminded me of Dylan Redwine who should have never been made to visit his father. He even went in the judges chambers and told about that horrible father.

Now Dylan is dead.

I'm so glad you finally won. Give them extra hugs and tell them a lot of people do care and are working hard of bad systems.

Or the two boys whose father grabbed them from the social worker and then blew up the house. There is a point at which the adults shouldn’t keep getting chances. Especially not at the expense of the babies.

Mariah&#8217;s father said on Nancy Grace that the boyfriend had been fired for using drugs on the job.

Oh dear! So, we have a violent unemployed drug user living with these children. What was this mother thinking?

I still stuck with either cell phone or vehicle technology put someone at that spot for a few minutes *or* a confession.
I guess if I had a #3 it would be someone traveling that stretch that recalls seeing someone on the bridge. I&#8217;d love to hear other thoughts on why they are focusing there.

If the previous link about the window-smashing is correct, or at least the vehicle information (Ford Windstar I believe they said?) those vehicles were made from 1994 to 2004, so their vehicle would be somewhere between 13-23 years old. I have no idea about the tracking technology of that specific vehicle with those years though or if that is definitely the make/model the family owned or if they have any additional vehicles. MOO

Or the two boys whose father grabbed them from the social worker and then blew up the house. There is a point at which the adults shouldn’t keep getting chances. Especially not at the expense of the babies.

I feel terrible that I can’t remember the little boy’s name, his mother (Katie?) took threatening voicemails, emails, etc to the judge who gave visitation to Dad and it ended in a murder suicide during one visit. Someone then posted dad’s rant on SM posthumously. Absolutely heartbreaking.

“Neighbors in the same Inez Mobile Home Park in which the Woods’ resided recall an incident in which Kimery, the live-in boyfriend of Kristy Woods, struck the family’s Ford Windstar using a baseball bat.

“He smashed every window and piece of glass on that van. We all saw it because it happened in the middle of the day,” Kelly Kerr said. Kerr lives three doors down from the home shared by Kimery and Woods. Kerr said Kimery said afterward the incident that he had an “adult temper” and told Kerr the reason he struck it was because he had been left alone at home without car keys and was out of cigarettes.

“They were always fighting,” Kerr said.”

Yikes.

Am I imagining things or did they just edit and omit the original article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties