Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
very true. being a victim of DV is very much like being a prisoner of war, except when you're a POW, your abuser doesn't tell you he loves you and is your friend. the dynamics are similar, and you even try to please the abuser to prevent abuse. eventually, bc of their tactics, you lose yourself and think like them. it's a survival tactic and it's also their goal. if you lose yourself they have complete control over you. getting the victim away from the abuser and feeling safe (for yourself and children), educated about control tactics, and having some ability to make decisions and have some control over your own life is the way to start healing. Sometimes the abuse or murder of children is retaliation for some way in which the victim has stood up to the abuser or gone against their control. challenged them in some way.

That's what makes me worry that the boys won't say anything except what they might've been told to say.

Wowza! I'm kind of interested in the outcome of this and the missing person now. If anything comes of this, please point me to a thread.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Me, too!!! Turning in that phone may help find someone!

How big is the county they are looking in? Anyone have a map of the area that was already searched vs. areas that need to be searched still? Anyone know if they are still by the bridge with the sonar?

Google says Onslow County is 763 mi² Camp Lejeune is 240 mi²

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, will correct! Do you know if it was either one of these?
4c081f1c65a39abdfe4762dbfcc8a7c1.jpg

the little green circled zone I think. She went missing from 2400 block. DC Rd. Google says the green circled homes are 2402-2436 the next house along the road toward the blue circle is in the 2500, the first one in the opposite direction is in the 2300’s.

I'm so sorry for your experience and am glad forgiveness helped you.
please don't encourage forgiveness as a therapy for abuse victims. it is totally up to the victim if they can or want to forgive eventually, but it is not a first line of therapy and can do more damage than good in the beginning, unless it is self-forgiveness. the focus should be on the victim entirely. holding the abuser responsible in some way is also necessary. forgiving the abuser can lead to the victim returning to the abuser and can be dangerous. I know this isn't the forum for this discussion but please be careful. a victim should never feel they need to forgive their abuser. a victim of abuse often does not have the autonomy to make those decisions.
I understand how it can help in some circumstances and some consciousnesses, but it is not often appropriate depending on the victim's mental state and emotional disposition.
Your experience is horrific but different than long term, persistent abuse. it changes the brain in ways that are not understood unless you live it. if you have a stable mental state and undergo one experience, you are more able to recover and forgive potentially. repeated, continuous abuse is a whole different thing.

While this can certainly be cathartic and help a person feel empowered again after abuse, the best therapy for past abuse (of which I am a victim, though not abuse by parents.) is Forgiveness Therapy.

Oftentimes people who have been severely hurt desire revenge and yet that does not heal the wounds, it just satisfies the urge to "get even". In children, having them act out what was done to them by using an object to beat, can help them feel powerful instead of powerless. Forgiveness helps actual healing begin. The hardest part of the healing is forgiving oneself. Those who have been abused often feel they somehow deserved it for "being bad" when the fault is entirely on the abuser. Freeing oneself of the guilt and shame is the first step. Forgiving the abuser is never FOR the abuser. Forgiveness does not absolve or condone the abuser's actions. Forgiveness heals the forgiver. It frees the abused from any residual ties and allows the person to feel free of the abuser.
I was held against my will in a small apartment and beaten as a young woman. I was also raped by someone I worked with also as a young woman.The hardest thing I ever did was to face my abuser and say "I forgive you. I will never forget or approve of what you did, but I forgive you." It was so hard I was shaking and wanted to throw up but afterwards I felt peace for the first time.

JMO as a past victim (survivor) and a Psychologist whose focus is Forgiveness Therapy.

If you have the exact link, The Wayback Machine may have archived it.

Okay. So I tried it. The page was not archived. But, I think that I could have archived it, before it was "updated" or otherwise changed, using that site. This would have preserved it for eternity ("archived"). I think.

I still have the original story opened . Is there a way to save as is.
ETA: In reference to the story that the neighbor comments were edited.

I dunno if anyone has posted this yet but here is a photo of the trailer from the Boston Gazzette...

ETA: Sorry, didn't realize the pic was so small. I've fixed it.

download.png

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 111
I don't know why, and I pray I'm wrong, but I have this nagging feeling that one, the FBI is going to start winding down searches and two, this case is gonna go in the "what the hell happened?" file. It's been nearly a week and they haven't found any trace of her. I dunno, maybe I'm just overloaded on this story and my frustration in getting an answer is coming out as "we'll never find her."

I have this same fear growing stronger every minute. ☹️☹️ could be that the trip and verifying when Mariah was last seen reminds me of Deorr though ☹️☹️

the little green circled zone I think. She went missing from 2400 block. DC Rd. Google says the green circled homes are 2402-2436 the next house along the road toward the blue circle is in the 2500, the first one in the opposite direction is in the 2300’s.
Green is correct. Blue is their old residence.

You don't know how much trouble I got into on Dylan Redwine's case with information that had been linked, but later disappeared.

I was on that case from the beginning and read the MSM information. A few months den the road, I referr d to it and started getting asked to it by newer members. I couldn't find it. A moderator even told them she had seen the link, too. She and I both searched for it for a week, as this case had multiple threads. We could no longer find it, it was gone for good. Consequently, I was no longer allowed to refer to the information that was in it.

This happens in cases from time to time.

Here is an excellent resource:

http://www.cachedpages.com/

You can go to that archive site: Wayback Machine, and archive it there. Otherwise, you would manually copy it to a document that you create yourself, including the URL link. But I am not sure if the manual copy "link" would survive any "updates" if you later decided to use the manual copy in a post here. The link may reflect the later versions of the same article. I don't know.

If you have a gmail account, download google drive and you can save the entire page to it.

Hope this helps.

Regarding talk about the mass amount of woods and water....

I lived in Alaska for 4 years on a military base that was super remote and not far from the arctic circle. While going out exploring in the vast wildness that Alaska is...I was continually thinking how easy it would be to just 'get rid of someone' or get lost and never be found. While the incredible beauty that was all around me was amazing....It also gave me a claustrophobic type of feeling because of the thoughts I would have. Not sure if that makes sense to others...I am not sure how else to describe it.

When I hear wooded area, water in any case.....I just feel sick. But I also feel horrible (and thankful) for the people searching these very very very difficult areas.

Just a random thought...since there is no new news.

I too lived in Alaska for 3.5 years - Fairbanks. I know what you mean

You could take a screenshot if all else fails.

Alex Woods said in the Nancy Grace interview that someone was seen leaving the mobile home at 3 am carrying a bundle. someone he thought was the grandmotherly neighbor. He said there were 2 witnesses to that. Maybe there was more info from a tip about where she may have been going.
I think it's ok to post this bc it was on MSM media?

You would think that LE would check out sex offenders in the area. I haven't seen any report where they have done this and I know a couple people posted how there was one nearby that did a sexual act on a minor who I believe was age 10 or under the age 10. Like what if this is another Jessica Lunsford case an SO has her some where. Especially if this report by the father is indeed true about more than one neighbor seeing someone leaving the trailer carrying something.

I'm so sorry for your experience and am glad forgiveness helped you.
please don't encourage forgiveness as a therapy for abuse victims...

As not only a victim myself but a counselor, I respectfully disagree.
It is a common misconception that forgiveness is given FOR the abuser. It is not. It is to heal the psyche of the victim, to release the hold of fear the abuser has on them and absolve them from any misguided guilt. It is a valid form of therapy recognized by even the Veteran's Administration now as a good source of therapy in veteran's with PTSD and any victim of Moral PTSD. The reason I capitalized the words Forgiveness Therapy is that it is a valid Therapy method, not just simply saying "I forgive my abuser". A victim would have to choose to seek Forgiveness Therapy. Research says it is extremely effective in addressing all aspects of the emotional trauma caused by violence, domestic or otherwise.

Again I feel I need to emphasize this is NOT me encouraging people to just forgive the monster/s who abused them. You have misunderstood my post. FT is a recognized Therapy Method like Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Exposure Therapy, EMDR Therapy, etc. It may not be desired by everyone but it does have a good success rate.

JMPO-

You can go to that archive site: Wayback Machine, and archive it there. Otherwise, you would manually copy it to a document that you create yourself, including the URL link. But I am not sure if the manual copy "link" would survive any "updates" if you later decided to use the manual copy in a post here. The link may reflect the later versions of the same article. I don't know.

Thanks! Never heard of that. I tried but unfortunately it saved the current version. But good to know for the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member