Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't find a MSM source for it, please don't post it here. Rumors are against the rules here.

Is it ok to post a link to an audio interview Nancy Grace had with the Father....it's on Crime Stories with Nancy Grace?

Live feed is reviewing their 5:00 package right now. Last time they only did it once then returned to "live" so hang in there.

FTR, I'm not criticizing the Sheriff's LE ability. Just that I wish the FBI would handle the press conferences. I think arguing with the media is an amateur move in these types of cases, and it can hamper LE in the long run. I have colleagues who are media darlings and they handle press conferences and public statements and media relations, and others who are 100% behind the scenes because it's just not their forte. I spend a lot of my time preparing witnesses for interviews and testimony and a lot of thought goes into who is the nominated representative. The smartest or best person many not be the most media savvy and there's nothing wrong with that.

Also of course federal agencies, attorneys, and LEOs have more experience in media relations since they are much more likely to handle cases attracting media attention, whether national or sustained local. I hope local LE here leverages that since the FBI spokespeople on scene seem really experienced and comfortable in this atmosphere.

Does anyone know where the live feed is on the map? Is it on rte 17

I'm gonna guess you're not from the south. Southerners can have a difficult time pronouncing unusual names that are not common to their neck of the woods. To us Mariah seems pretty run of the mill but that is not a common southern name. I can understand his flubbing it. Just to share a personal example. My first name is pretty straightforward to pronounce, it's Dominic. I went to college in Texas and had several professors who were die hard Texans, thick twang and all and they couldn't pronounce my name for god, love or money, they kept calling me Dominique. I was constantly correcting them and they just couldn't get their mouth to say Dominic with a hard /k/ sound at the end. I finally got frustrated to the point that I told them to just call me Nick.

Meh- I grew up in Southwest Va & lived in Jax for several years- it's not his accent or a country demeanor, he lacks authority when he speaks & comes across as unprofessional. Doesn't mean he's not a great sheriff but for those of us who only see him in this context it doesn't inspire confidence, of course we're not Onslow Co voters. Anyway, it will all be moot if he can find Mariah unharmed!

Watching the live feeds...what are we watching? I see a tall leggy blonde with tight jeans and most of the fellows looking at her!

Sorry but that's what I'm watching and seeing.

That's not a southern accent. To me, it sounds slightly German or Swedish... I can't place it, but I feel like he's from another country originally, or his immediate family was.

Blabbering? Man. This is a tough room. I see nothing but professionalism from this man. I understood every single thing he said. He gives more patient explanations than most, understanding that the public has a lot of questions. E calmly explains hat he can't compromise the investigation.

This man seems to know what he's doing. I don't get the criticism.

Yup. They know what they're doing.

Thanks, Gitana! :seeya:

they did say multiple times that they are adding resources and expanding the search area and will continue to do so.

That in no way addresses such concentrated activity in one particular, small area.

Does anyone know where the live feed is on the map? Is it on rte 17

On google maps find Southwest Creek where it intersects 17N- you can zoom in to see the bridge on satellite view. It's between Murrill Hill Road & Stoney Creek Dr- though WRAL live feed was looking North on US-17 which is opposite side of those two roads. Same side of 17 as MCAS New River.

Not trying to be glum, but I am wondering...if anyone has checked any of the local job sites that may have had freshly poured concrete, burned plastic or rubber?

Also, they must have a reason for searching the water unless this is the first thing always searched when there is a missing toddler. Maybe they found evidence of some kind near the home or in the trash can they loaded up and they are testing samples of local water holes?

Boyfriend works in heating/ac. Lots and lots of duct work. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13