Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have sometime tomorrow.. Give me some parameters.

1. How far back do we go
2. A list of cases to start
3. Will age matter?
4. Gender or child or prep?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

(Sounds great, thank you)

In Virginia, according to a friend who is a longtime CPS worker, the reported parents can file a request after 3mo and will be told who it was who reported them. I thought that was pretty scary for the reporter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's not right!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I would also be interested in seeing the percentage of child homicides where the victim has special needs. Maybe I’m drawn to those particular cases but Aleah, Sherin and Mariah are on my mind. There were remains off I-45 in TX that haven’t been identified but it was mentioned a medical device was present. There isn’t a COD so I can’t call that case a homicide but it’s still on my mind.

i find it so odd they can't just say she has blonde hair. it's obviously blonde. there is something weird about that. we'll never know, but someone has a hang up about blonde hair.
Maybe her hair was changing color?

My oldest started out with medium brown hair, when he was a toddler it turned to blonde. Not light brown, or dirty blonde, it was real light blonde. It was only blonde for a few months before it turned back to medium brown. It was very strange... I have pictures of him that I actually don't recognize... like, who's this blonde kid that was hanging around?

So, maybe, if some of the pics are a few months old, her hair may have shifted color somewhat?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I know police say once they find the little girl, they will determine what comes next. But that can't be true...they must know they may not find her without "breaking" somebody's story. Hope that the best LE possible is interviewing and reinterviewing etc...

OT and JMO but I am fed up and disgusted with parents who take in a lover to a home with their children without ensuring the safety and comfort of the kids above all else. My sister remarried in the very early 90's before internet was really a thing and she hired a PI to check out her new love interest before she even introduced him to her kids...they have been married 25+ years now, as happy and solid a couple as I've seen. I think parents who endanger their kids in this way should face charges when it all blows up and a child is the victim.
Single friend in Illinois checks the judici site before she will go out on a date. She has 3 kids.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I often think of the search for Caylee Anthony. Texas Equasearch was there with all their big guns and nothing.

Then she was found so very close to home by a meter reader.

I have a feeling this is how this might end. Not by searching but by accident.

How do these dumb bunnies get so lucky.

For those searching it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. God bless them for trying so hard.

Able to send a man to the moon but unable to find a murdered child.
Surely we can come up with something???

My parents used the belt on us too. In fact, my father would make me pull down my pants - bare butt - and get spanked. Last time that happened I was in 9th. My mother would just swing and the belt would hit WHEREVER on the body. It was horrible for me to experience. But to witness it happening to my brothers. Seeing it or hearing their screams from another room...then seeing bruises all over their little bodies. I suffer PTSD from it. Like legit diagnosed. I am so against physical punishment. If I happen to witness (sight or sound) of a child being 'disciplined' this way, I start to have panic attacks. It is super hard for me to read stories of detailed ABUSE like this. And I have zero tolerance for anyone trying to defend assaulting (spanking, etc) on a child.

When I was in High School In Texas in late 80's....'swatting' was allowed where the principal LEGALLY was allowed to paddle your kid. Our principal used a paddle with holes in it. Id FLIP THE EFF out if anyone touched my child in this manner. Id probably end up in jail.

(O/T, It's funny because when I was a teacher people used to make comments about how terrible it is that we educators can not discipline kids in school anymore with swats...I always used to think, "that's the last thing I want to do, spank your kid...)

Surely their phones will show exactly where they were on Sunday, unless they had the foresight to switch them off, and that in itself would be evidence of abnormal behaviour.

I would also be interested in seeing the percentage of child homicides where the victim has special needs. Maybe I’m drawn to those particular cases but Aleah, Sherin and Mariah are on my mind. There were remains off I-45 in TX that haven’t been identified but it was mentioned a medical device was present. There isn’t a COD so I can’t call that case a homicide but it’s still on my mind.
U.K. studies puts children with special needs at a higher risk of abuse, but not sure of homicide statistics.

Linky https://www.nspcc.org.uk/globalasse...right-safe-disabled-children-abuse-report.pdf

Page 8 - Executive summary with research references.

I understand that about forgiveness. I think context is important. I was also a victim of childhood physical and emotional abuse. I forgave my father in my 20's after I had moved out of my house. It was healing in a way, but it did not change my patterns and I ended up marrying an abuser. If I had forgiven my abusive husband within the first 3 years after his arrest, I would not be free today and I might be dead, and my child too. Forgiveness in an actively abusive situation or in the early healing stages is not appropriate and potentially dangerous. Later on, possibly, and done by an adult victim, maybe after the initial healing stages are complete. Self forgiveness - yes, very helpful, but not towards the abuser in the early stages. Forgiveness is not the first or even the best line of victim treatment or healing. I beg you to be very careful. As a healer, we must do no harm. Please be careful and use forgiveness carefully and appropriately.
I have read the research and have to say that the criteria they use to evaluate its effectiveness is not the most important criteria for a victim. Safety is. Yes it can help with anxiety, depression, self esteem in adults with past, childhood trauma. Safety, regaining the sense of self and autonomy are the first steps for an abuse victim. The other stuff comes from that, later. I have not misunderstood your post. I am a victim with a(n) MS in Psych, focus on DV and trauma/PTSD.

I can only speak from my experience. My son, a combat vet died tragically in 2010. By todays standards (I won't go into specifics) the person partially responsible would have been charged. An hour after I had walked into the funeral home and seen my son lying there, there was a scurrying of people upset and talking. I went to see what was wrong. The person partially responsible was seen sitting in the parking lot. Everyones motions were very high and angry. I have always believed in forgiveness and the personal burden it would be to for me not forgive. I had enough of a burden at the time without adding unforgiveness to it. I walked to the parking lot and to the persons car. He looked frightened. He admitted what happened and with tears in his eyes he apologized. I took his hand and walked with him into the funeral home so he could have whatever peace he could find. I am so grateful that all of that happened. I personally believe it was something greater then myself that allowed that to happen. Forgiveness frees a person. Wisdom gives you the understanding to avoid it happening again. I don't judge anyone for how they handle tragedy. Just wanted to share how I handled a part of mine.

“Neighbors in the same Inez Mobile Home Park in which the Woods’ resided recall an incident in which Kimery, the live-in boyfriend of Kristy Woods, struck the family’s Ford Windstar using a baseball bat.

“He smashed every window and piece of glass on that van. We all saw it because it happened in the middle of the day,” Kelly Kerr said. Kerr lives three doors down from the home shared by Kimery and Woods. Kerr said Kimery said afterward the incident that he had an “adult temper” and told Kerr the reason he struck it was because he had been left alone at home without car keys and was out of cigarettes.

“They were always fighting,” Kerr said.”

Yikes.

That's terrifying.

You didn't miss much.

Turn out for the volunteer searched was huge but nothing important was found.

LE has searched a landfill today.

That was all basically.

I think they did *not* repeat the call for people who saw the family on Sunday to come forward. (Is this correct?)

Thank you! I am going to go back and read, but there was no way I could read fast enough to catch up & my curiosity was getting the best of me!

You all are making me jealous with your nosey neighbor stories. I would love to see what’s going on, but our houses just aren’t conducive to that LOL. When I look outside I see tons of brick.

I suppose that means they can’t see me either which I guess is a good thing...not that we have anything to hide.

I do have one neighbor that just seems to know everything going on - I’ll have to ask her if she has cameras. She’s always seems to see stuff while she’s walking her dog...I literally see nothing and I have three dogs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for going off topic but I live directly across the street from my sister. I texted her the other day and she hadn't replied. So I took a pic out of my front window showing her car and the front of her house and sent it with another text saying "I know you're home." Lol...I'm easily entertained...

Oh and there was an article quoting neighbors saying that the bf had previously smashed the family car's windows with a baseball bat in a fit of rage because he was out of cigarettes. Curiously the article was quickly edited and the part about the bf was gone. Some members are still trying to find a cached version.

The last time I looked that part was still there but the direct quote from a neighbor was gone. They’ve removed the whole paragraph now?

(Ah yeah, the Madisonville Jane Doe case, had a feeding tube, etc...)

that's a bit creepy
does he follow true crime like us or ... ?

My husband is a long haul truck driver..Whenever he passes an area like that he will usually comment on just how easy it could be to hide someone..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I may have missed it. Has it ever been decided where this couple was on Sunday?

Has the borrowed suitcase been returned to owner? If not, where is it?

It seems the answers to these questions would give LE a good starting point in locating Mariah.

“Neighbors in the same Inez Mobile Home Park in which the Woods’ resided recall an incident in which Kimery, the live-in boyfriend of Kristy Woods, struck the family’s Ford Windstar using a baseball bat.

“He smashed every window and piece of glass on that van. We all saw it because it happened in the middle of the day,” Kelly Kerr said. Kerr lives three doors down from the home shared by Kimery and Woods. Kerr said Kimery said afterward the incident that he had an “adult temper” and told Kerr the reason he struck it was because he had been left alone at home without car keys and was out of cigarettes.

“They were always fighting,” Kerr said.”

Yikes.

This makes me wonder if he was abusing everyone in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warden2024