Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reminded of Bella Cannella as far as being in a dangerous household::

"A monthlong narcotics investigation resulted in the arrest Wednesday of Isabella Grogan-Cannella's mother, stepfather and grandmother on felony drug charges. Police say Tania Grogan, 29, and Ralph Folster III, 28, were dealing methamphetamine and heroin in Bullhead City, and that Grogan supplied methamphetamine to a family friend charged in her daughter's death."

who steals 2 dressers while killing and hiding little Mariah's body? How bizarre is that ?

The arrest warrant for Kimrey indicates that he is accused of stealing two dressers from a home on High Hill Road around that time frame of Mariah's disappearance, between 11 p.m. Sunday and 3 a.m. Monday. The warrant charging Kimrey with concealing of death and other charges states that he obstructed justice by "removing Mariah Woods body from the scene of her death and did conceal Mariah Woods death and body, knowing that Mariah Woods died from unnatural causes. The defendant acted with deceit and intent to fraud." The warrant goes on to state that Kimrey "secretly disposed of the dead child's body." Records indicate he is due in court Monday at 8 a.m.

http://www.wect.com/story/36977168/arrest-warrants-reveal-new-information-into-missing-child-case

Just think - this is going to represented by a high profile defense attorney and her bio dad couldn't even afford a shingle on the street attorney to represent him in trying to get his kids out of that environment! Chew on that. Makes me sick how broken our system is on so many levels.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/36977...eveal-new-information-into-missing-child-case

[FONT=&quot]"Federal criminal defense attorney Walter Paramore, who once represented marine Cesar Laurean in a high profile murder trial, will be counsel for Kimrey for now. He met with his client Saturday morning. A search of Kimrey's prior criminal record includes a conviction for misdemeanor larceny in Brunswick County in 2015." [/FONT]

And our worse fears come true once again. :(

Fly high little angel, fly high.

Prayers for all that loved her.

I really wanted to be wrong when I read “Moms live-in boyfriend “ the very first day. Sigh again.

This alert came up on my phone a few minutes ago, more details about the arrest, not sure if it's been shared:

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/36977...eveal-new-information-into-missing-child-case

From the article:

"The arrest warrant for Kimrey indicates that he is accused of stealing two dressers from a home on High Hill Road around that time frame of Mariah's disappearance, between 11 p.m. Sunday and 3 a.m. Monday. The warrant charging Kimrey with concealing of death and other charges states that he obstructed justice by "removing Mariah Woods body from the scene of her death and did conceal Mariah Woods death and body, knowing that Mariah Woods died from unnatural causes. The defendant acted with deceit and intent to fraud." The warrant goes on to state that Kimrey "secretly disposed of the dead child's body." Records indicate he is due in court Monday at 8 a.m."

Oh wow - that certainly suggests whatever happened - happened on the property. New question - how do you get more than one dresser out of the home without anyone knowing?

Oh wow - that certainly suggests whatever happened - happened on the property. New question - how do you get more than one dresser out of the home without anyone knowing?

Maybe the house was empty? It was a holiday weekend, a lot of people go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dressers were from High Hill Road, so that's a different home from where he lived.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I may have misunderstood it wrong, but reading the article of the other charges he's charged with and when he got charged with them and what sentence was proposed for each charge to me it looks like there was multiple arrest it did not all happen at the same time and each time he got a slap on the wrist with a suspended sentence! First charge probation okay I can understand that when you get another charge for another crime and you're already on probation that probation should be thrown out in the sentence should be handed down Plus at a time for the new charge! I feel certain that in this case did you judicial system failed Mariah because he should have been locked up a long time ago then you would have been able to hurt anyone!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I worked in the judicial system for a while, so i thought I’d try to explain this, at least in my state. Rarely are people sent to prison for drug charges, the cost per day is much cheaper for them to be on probation. So the offender is given a suspended sentence and ordered either supervised or unsupervised probation, in my state it’s usually 5 years probation. While on probation, any violations can be dealt with by the probation agent or the agent can file an affidavit with the County Attorney’s Office (CAO). It is then at the CAOs discretion as to whether or not file a petition for the offenders probation to be revoked. I’d say about 90% of the time of probation is revoked they are sentenced back to probation, this can happen multiple times. So the initial 5 year probation could end up being 15-20. Typically there would need to be much more severe crimes committed while on probation for an offender to be revoked and sentenced to prison. Even then parole is usually available after 30% of the time is served. Time on parole can then be reduced by earning good time.

In the middle of the night too. I wonder who helped him? Anyone remember a search of a High Hill Road home?

How do LE know the boyfriend did kill and conceal then move the dead body? Did he confess?

OT a bit. The fake reporter we are no longer allowed to post information from is worse than we thought.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/felon-turned-fake-journalist-outed-a-beloved-gay-teacher

“News in Onslow County,” *advertiser censored*Facebook*page and website started in October 2016 that mostly plagiarizes the reporting of established local news outlets. It was started by a 21-year-old internet preacher, Gerald Jackson, who goes by three different names and was convicted of two-dozen counts of making bomb threats to Onslow County schools and businesses in 2014.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just think - this is going to represented by a high profile defense attorney and her bio dad couldn't even afford a shingle on the street attorney to represent him in trying to get his kids out of that environment! Chew on that. Makes me sick how broken our system is on so many levels.

[FONT=&quot]"Federal criminal defense attorney Walter Paramore, who once represented marine Cesar Laurean in a high profile murder trial, will be counsel for Kimrey for now. He met with his client Saturday morning. A search of Kimrey's prior criminal record includes a conviction for misdemeanor larceny in Brunswick County in 2015." [/FONT]
Well one comforting thought. Caesar Laurian (sp) was convicted.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

This alert came up on my phone a few minutes ago, more details about the arrest, not sure if it's been shared:

From the article:

"The arrest warrant for Kimrey indicates that he is accused of stealing two dressers from a home on High Hill Road around that time frame of Mariah's disappearance, between 11 p.m. Sunday and 3 a.m. Monday. The warrant charging Kimrey with concealing of death and other charges states that he obstructed justice by "removing Mariah Woods body from the scene of her death and did conceal Mariah Woods death and body, knowing that Mariah Woods died from unnatural causes. The defendant acted with deceit and intent to fraud." The warrant goes on to state that Kimrey "secretly disposed of the dead child's body." Records indicate he is due in court Monday at 8 a.m."

My goodness. He had a busy night.

I think we'll see at least one more arrest.

The dressers were from High Hill Road, so that's a different home from where he lived.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Assuming he moved her to that home and then disposed of her and the dressers. Makes me sick to even type this.

I know this is really hard, but if you killed a 3 year old, your girlfriend's daughter, where would you hide the body? We have to get into the mind of the perp...

The possibilities are endless, really.

Eta: just seeing this, "dressers"?

In the middle of the night too. I wonder who helped him? Anyone remember a search of a High Hill Road home?

Not of a home that I can recall. High Hill Rd. was closed earlier this week to public, and this is where the dive teams were seen. The perps mobile-home is right near the intersection of High Hill Rd & Dawson Cabin, very near the corner of the intersection. This is also very near the location that the public volunteers were instructed to search yesterday. Seems as if they've been on this trail since at the least Thursday. Great work to the LE.

Really curious what the dresser has to do with anything. I can only speculate.

Not of a home that I can recall. High Hill Rd. was closed earlier this week to public, and this is where the dive teams were seen. The perps mobile-home is right near the intersection of High Hill Rd & Dawson Cabin, very near the corner of the intersection. This is also very near the location that the public volunteers were instructed to search yesterday. Seems as if they've been on this trail since at the least Thursday. Great work to the LE.

Really curious what the dresser has to do with anything. I can only speculate.

My mind went straight to selling the dressers for drug money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member