Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stepped away for a day or two and come back to this. Can't say I didn't see it coming, but it's heartbreaking when it's said in print. :(

Just still getting my head round the dressers situation. I guess the possession of stolen goods could be the contents of said dressers. I would think you could conceal a body in a dresser easily enough, which could either look quite ordinary if you were burning them or dumping them. Could also weigh them down if you need to submerge them.

I can't begin to imagine what her brothers must be going through, I only they are in loving arms and safe now.

I'll bite my tongue for now on the mother, but I feel there has to be another arrest pending.

Hoping she's found soon, it's not right she's out there lost. :(

Dressers, in the US can mean a few things. Generally, they are rectangular in shape and have 6 drawers. Sometimes a mirror is attached. Some dressers have more drawers, some less. Some are taller vs wide whereas others are wider vs tall. Some might even consider nightstands that are large or with drawers to be a dresser.

Thanks! Yes, the taller slim type should be carryable by one person...

As far as I know, amphetamines are uppers, they give someone a kind of hyperactivity boost, got to move around, keep on going and going like the energizer bunny and don't need to sleep. I think something like meth has the same effect. Marijuana or heroin would not have that kind of effect, it would be a kind of reverse effect, slowing someone down and making them feel relaxed. I have no idea if drugs come into this case or not, I'm just saying in general.

Just now checking in and seeing the news. :tantrum:

Not that this is a huge surprise, but to see confirmation that Mariah is likely deceased is such a hard blow-- I was trying to hold onto hope that maybe she was being held somewhere. LE in this case has really pulled out all the resources to search. I hope they keep searching and find Mariah to give her a proper burial and to make sure there is justice.

RIP Little Mariah :rose:

I have not read anything on this thread since yesterday. So I don't have to read all 22 pages, could someone please update and the me on the deal about the dresser? I am aware of his arrest and the charges.

Hate to even think this, but maybe he took Mariah to that abandoned house and she was harmed there - stole the dressers more as a cover - ya I was in the house but I was stealing furniture.

Another thought considering the time frame I don't think he had time to bury her. He would have had to know of a location that would work and it would have taken time to prep it in the dark of night. I think he panicked and was moving quickly, unless he had help.

Hate to even think this, but maybe he took Mariah to that abandoned house and she was harmed there - stole the dressers more as a cover - ya I was in the house but I was stealing furniture.

(There's actually an old LE joke about that, something along the lines of your honor, there's no way I'm guilty of the crime at hand because I was over by so and so robbing a bank.)

could he of taken the dressers apart to use the wood to build something at their house he hid her in?

I am very local. Does anybody know where I can find out if they need / when they will need more volunteers to search? I can bring my horse for mounted search if helpful. Thanks.

This was on the Onslow county Sheriffs Facebook page

We have received several questions from the public about additional volunteer searches. There are no additional volunteer searches scheduled at this time. We truly appreciate the support and will spread the word if another volunteer search is deemed beneficial to the investigation. Thank you all! #FindMariah.

Just catching up. I’m not surprised at this arrest.

The dressers thing is odd. Did he take her with him while stealing the dressers and something happened?

I won’t be surprised if there is another arrest. I really hope he tells LE where she is. Let this precious girl have a decent burial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another thought considering the time frame I don't think he had time to bury her. He would have had to know of a location that would work and it would have taken time to prep it in the dark of night. I think he panicked and was moving quickly, unless he had help.

My opinion he had help.

Yes in yesterday's press conference they said something about picking through 90,000 pounds of trash or something like that.

However, the trash tranfer stations and landfills are locked at night and have cameras. So if he dumped her in a landfill, when did he do it? Not during the 11 pm to 3 am timeframe that has been mentioned. There is so much to this case that we don't know.

Maybe he did not think about whether landfill was open or not...just drove around with dressers in vehicle, who knows. And if valued at $40 (I think I read that) they can't be too weighty and solid, imo.

My thoughts on the dressers is if Mariah was hurt at her home, a dresser may have been damaged, stained or used to conceal. Calling her in as a missing child, EK may not want it to appear questionable that there wasn't a dresser in the bedroom?? Maybe even needed another to show a well furnished home for the other children. JMO

But why dressers of all things to steal in a house? Even if it was stolen from the abandoned house that was searched, I can't imagine the dressers, if left behind by previous owners, were of great condition or much value. Plus then he needs to actually sell them. Between 11pm and 6am. What drug dealer accepts dressers as payment? He would need to sell pronto.

This is heart breaking. This case reminds me oh so much of poor sherin Matthews where at first only dad was charged but later mom was too. I'm not going to say what I think on rather mom is guilty or not rn. But can someone please update me and tell me how they decided after days that the bf did some thing and even that he removed her body? Did they get a confession of some sort? I'm sorry I'm so confused it just seems sudden.

I know this is really hard, but if you killed a 3 year old, your girlfriend's daughter, where would you hide the body? We have to get into the mind of the perp...

The possibilities are endless, really.

Eta: just seeing this, "dressers"?

Did he have access to a boat? They kept searching small bodies' of water but Jacksonville is so close to the coast, I wonder if he could have put Mariah in one of the dressers, filled it with cement and dropped it in the ocean? But I'm not sure if he could have managed that in the time frame given and not been seen.

A note on the dressers. They could be unrelated to disposal of Mariah. He could be using them for anything else ie- selling on Craigslist, scraps, whatever. Their importance is that it makes his story about putting her back to bed a lie because he was not there. Meaning Mariah could have been dead any time before that on Sunday. LE really wanted someone who had seen the family on Sunday so the timeline of Mariah's disappearance could still go much earlier into Sunday imo.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I am a single mom.... and this is exactly why I do not date!! Too many crazies out there with drug addictions and tempers!

This is heart breaking. This case reminds me oh so much of poor sherin Matthews where at first only dad was charged but later mom was too. I'm not going to say what I think on rather mom is guilty or not rn. But can someone please update me and tell me how they decided after days that the bf did some thing and even that he removed her body? Did they get a confession of some sort? I'm sorry I'm so confused it just seems sudden.

We don't know more than LE has told us and they haven't given out those details.

I think the conjecture at the moment seems to be that maybe the mom has broken down and told LE of her suspicions of her bf, and maybe there is some forensic evidence of death in the home/shed/truck.

I think it's been building each day to this, and only appears sudden from an outsiders perspective.

But why dressers of all things to steal in a house? Even if it was stolen from the abandoned house that was searched, I can't imagine the dressers, if left behind by previous owners, were of great condition or much value. Plus then he needs to actually sell them. Between 11pm and 6am. What drug dealer accepts dressers as payment? He would need to sell pronto.

I hear you. I am as much in the dark as everyone else. Though, drug addicts don't actually make great choices either??

My thoughts on the dressers is if Mariah was hurt at her home, a dresser may have been damaged, stained or used to conceal. Calling her in as a missing child, EK may not want it to appear questionable that there wasn't a dresser in the bedroom?? Maybe even needed another to show a well furnished home for the other children. JMO

They don't strike me as that bright to look at a home and think it's not furnished well enough so we best nick some stuff to put in it.

I think they were stolen to move her little body around in. To me that makes sense, you're not going to suspect dressers on the back of a pick-up. Maybe they had their own dressers, but it would be too obvious to use their own as they'd be missing and others would notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper