Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To no one in particular, since many of you are engaging in statement analysis here...but, I find some of the analysis more odd than her statements. I find it more concerning that commonly used phrases about children we care for are being conceived of as nefarious.

I am in agreement with you. I'm from the south and I call my children 'angels' and say 'I love them to death'. If one of my children were to go missing, I would be a basket case, no telling what would come out of my mouth.

As a side note, for those of you who sleuth Facebook pages, I have an opinion on something I'd like to share. Sometimes really normal and otherwise level-headed people do air some really unattractive dirty laundry on Facebook. There are at least two people I know fairly well, and one is particularly careful about what she posts generally, as well as keeping things upbeat, who have truly shocked me a couple of times in the past by an out-of-character dirty-laundry post. Because I know better than to judge them based on those posts about some really painful stuff that they had been blindsided by in their relationships, I try to give the benefit of the doubt to anyone who posts about something terrible that has recently happened in a relationship.

So please keep in mind that even the most level-headed people can and do make some pretty embarrassing social media mistakes when they have experienced certain situations.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am in agreement with you. I'm from the south and I call my children 'angels' and say 'I love them to death'. If one of my children were to go missing, I would be a basket case, no telling what would come out of my mouth.

Welcome Staceyhutch15 :)

:welcome5:

dressers look less like bodies than blankets in a vehicle.

This is pure speculation, just brainstorming ideas to make sense of the dressers.

Perhaps he bundled up Mariah after she died and brought her to the abandoned house to hide her in a dresser drawer. Later, he decided that was not a good idea, so went back to retrieve her, but either couldn't bear to touch her body so he took the whole dresser, or he realized that evidence would be detected on the dressers even if he removed the body, so he took the whole dressers.

Again, this is speculation, not fact. jmopinion, thinking aloud.

Why should dad have to go to court to look after his own boys? It doesn't make sense to me, he's their father. Or does it mean him having them is contested?

Probably because of past custody issues we don't know about.

Sleuthing EK's Facebook

But that still doesn't give me a source for it being her. How do you definitely know this? I guess I didn't phrase my question right the first time.

the way this is worded IMO links the dressers with the concealment and disposal of the body.

"Arrest warrants for Kimrey show that he is accused of stealing two dressers from a home on High Hill Road around the time of Mariah’s disappearance, between 11 p.m. Sunday and 3 a.m. Monday. The warrant states that he obstructed justice by “removing Mariah Woods body from the scene of her death and did conceal Mariah Woods death and body, knowing that Mariah Woods died from unnatural causes. The defendant acted with deceit and intent to fraud.” The warrant also says that Kimrey “secretly disposed of the dead child’s body.”"

http://myfox8.com/2017/12/02/body-of-missing-north-carolina-3-year-old-mariah-woods-located/

We know dad publicly alleged drug use. As to the rest, we may indeed know but cannot say.

Think the difference here is some are taking what the bio dad as said as fact regarding abuse, drugs, and custody and I am not. I am more of a research and documents kinda gal.

Does anyone remember them saying yesterday that there would be a press conference today?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No they haven't announced another presser.

Why should dad have to go to court to look after his own boys? It doesn't make sense to me, he's their father. Or does it mean him having them is contested?

Aren't the boys still in the custody of their mother? He would have to apply for this to be changed, no?

Marking my spot. Be back later.

Well I don't have the triangle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
You're using Tapatalk. If you need to flag a post through tapatalk, click on the post to highlight it, then click on the 3 dots in the top right of your screen and choose the report option. It may come up with an automatic message saying it's spam. Just delete that message and put your actual reason for reporting it in that box and click send.

I don't know much about Paitin Fields case but the similarities that I do know are baffling. Mariah's dump site was located in between the 2 homes where both children we missing? Both last seen in their homes (mobile homes) in the middle of the night? Both very young girls close to the same age? Hard to find any more info on Paitin's case which is infuriating. Is anyone else bothered with these details? How are they so closely related? Is there just a big dose of evil hanging out in that area?
I would post the map marking everything but not sure how to do that. New here and this is my first post.

Its so sad that there seems to be no media interest. She's such a stunningly beautiful little girl too.

Many similarities. CPS involvement. Parental family wanting answers. Death after CPS places with certain family. Found in the same county. From the same region. Close in age.

Sadly I think this says more about the prevalence of child abuse and neglect in our country and an overburdened child welfare system than it does about a possible link.

But who knows.

In any event, thanks for your thought provoking post and welcome!!!!!

:fireworks: :welcome: :fireworks:

No they haven't announced another presser.

Aren't the boys still in the custody of their mother? He would have to apply for this to be changed, no?

I assumed perhaps wrongly that in a situation like this her custody might fall away.

Probably because of past custody issues we don't know about.
And because currently she is not charged with anything, so could conceivably get custody back until or unless she is.

Think the difference here is some are taking what the bio dad as said as fact regarding abuse, drugs, and custody and I am not. I am more of a research and documents kinda gal.

Edited my post so it doesn’t get deleted so I’ll just say agree to all of what you said.

Also not related to above post, but in reading the thread wanted to comment the ex of EK is actually his wife. They are still married.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member