Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen a photo of Mariah with a smile on her face? I can’t find a single one and it’s really eating away at me. I’m sure you know why.

mariah-woods-photo-5.jpg

http://wnct.com/2017/11/27/sheriff-search-underway-for-missing-3-year-old-girl-in-jacksonville/

missing_6-300x169.jpg

http://ekbtv.com/family-members-of-missing-mariah-woods-plea-for-her-return/

mariah%20cover%20amber%20alert2_1511972891066_10110660_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/amber-alert-issued-for-missing-3-year-old-girl-from-oslow-county/654585618

:tears:

I believe that everyone has a conscience and the more you ignore it, or appear to, the less self esteem you have. It takes from you as a person.

The exception is a sociopath.

Also I think some of you guys are going to be shocked/surprised to find out that the mother doesn't have a lick to do with what happened to this baby girl. IMHO I think she would have been charged with something by now if she did. She's made statements to the LE and to the media that she had no knowledge of what happened to Mariah, begged that she brought home etc. This combined with the fact that neighbors seeing EK leaving the trailer holding something limp at 3AM indicates that the mom was probably asleep and at this time and had no idea until she woke up that the little girl was "Missing". But yeah I think the LE would have got her on lying by now if she had anything to do with it. In fact in the presser they even stated she's not a suspect.I don't think she knew.

I am sooooooo curious as to where Mariah's leg braces are.

My daughter wore braces like that and it was for bilateral talipes (club foot). She had five years of braces and physiotherapy. She walks normally today but in a flat footed, slapping her foot down in a kind of way. She also has very, very small feet in a big footed family.

I don't blame this woman for the actions of her boyfriend. I blame her for her own. CPS actually took her children due to abuse allegations. They were placed temporarily with her ex, their father, where he claims they thrived. The neighbors report Mariah's mom and the boyfriend engaged in repeated, loud fights. He displayed such an intense temper that he destroyed their car.

Yet instead of letting her ex keep the kids or calling him to come get them, she kept the kids and refused to even let the father have them for his court ordered time, during which he might have been able to detect if something was wrong.

She exposed her children to a violent, angry, combative man knowing he was so and despite having a way out.

That was a clear choice. And it was a grossly
negligent one.

Mariah is dead because of negligence and murder. And I hope there is accountability for both.
SABBM

Had to repost this.
Hoping so much that there's still enough evidence to determine COD.
I want that b-----d to pay.

And can't say much more... but imo -- more than one person failed this little girl !!

Rest in gentle peace and fly with the angels, princess Mariah !
:moo:

Edit : Are we allowed the "b" word ? Will edit again if not, thanks !

Ok.

Did they say anything about mom having black eyes or bruises?

Loud arguments do not mean mom was abused, it means they argued loudly. Destroying the car means he is a nutcase, not that he physically abused her.

He could have, but I haven't seen anything that convinces me that he did.

It is certainly far from a fact, even though everyone is treating it like a fact.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Abuse is not just physical. And sometimes physical isnt even the worst form of abuse.
Also...not everyone walks around with evidence of any kind of abuse, even physical.

With that said, there is hardly ANY information on mom out there.

Interesting and very sad but another child was found dead in Pender County recently. Two towns, Burgaw and Watha are within 8 miles of one another. No arrests yet. May just be a horrible coincidence and it will be interesting to find COD with little Mariah.
https://www.wwaytv3.com/2017/11/29/...ts-answers-after-pender-child-raped-murdered/

bbm

I wonder if water will be found in her lungs -- and would her being in that water for several days affect that finding? I don't think this child drowned... Hoping we have autopsy results soon.

First time posting... (nervous). I’ve followed several cases on WS. This case has shaken me to the core. In the beginning it was mentioned the BF and Mom were using Meth. I’ve witnessed first hand what Meth does to a person. I’ve tried to save several addicts in my lifetime. Meth is by far the most evil of all, IMO. Ten years ago my niece,16 months old, was abused by her mother’s BF. Her mother dropped her off at my house shortly after the incident. After an hour of trying to calm her and give her a bath, i found her back side bruised from her shoulder blades to her bottom. Her mother told the detective she left my niece with her BF while she went to purchase meth and she “slipped down the steps” while she was gone. That was the most challenging part of my life. To this day I do not have children of my own. I’ve devoted my life to my niece and nephew and thank God everyday for both of them. If only I could’ve saved sweet Mariah. RIP baby girl knowing you’re loved by many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure if this has been answered yet...but there is no evidence, via LE or MSM that they were using meth. I know people were wondering/speculating, etc....so as far as I know....that is just hearsay

Also I think some of you guys are going to be shocked/surprised to find out that the mother doesn't have a lick to do with what happened to this baby girl. IMHO I think she would have been charged with something by now if she did. She's made statements to the LE and to the media that she had no knowledge of what happened to Mariah, begged that she brought home etc. This combined with the fact that neighbors seeing EK leaving the trailer holding something limp at 3AM indicates that the mom was probably asleep and at this time and had no idea until she woke up that the little girl was "Missing". But yeah I think the LE would have got her on lying by now if she had anything to do with it. In fact in the presser they even stated she's not a suspect.I don't think she knew.

Did you follow the Sherin Mathews case at all?
Sherin's mother claimed she slept through the whole incident and that she had no idea what her husband was up to that night.
Then some time later (can't remember how many days later), she was charged with OOJ and through interviews with her, it was determined she knew what happened to Sherin and had involvement in her death.

So IMO, just because Mariah's mom hasn't been charged with anything yet, doesn't mean she won't be charged some time down the road.

Sadly, I thought the same. A few pictures where she appeared to even pull away, heart breaking.
The pictures tell a whole story just by themselves. [emoji852] I did manage to find one or two where she has a bit of a smile, but I had to really dig.

3c78af1a8c789596505197f57b760ca0.jpg
f560636281e34fad48674b2e625fb05a.jpg
8da90fb9d7974891e43bcb61f0a66b7c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bbm

I wonder if water will be found in her lungs -- and would her being in that water for several days affect that finding? I don't think this child drowned... Hoping we have autopsy results soon.

You have to have the ability to breathe to inhale water.

Hi this is the first time I've posted something on this site. I've been following this case since it was reported and just had a thought. The boyfriend had mom's other children with him during thanksgiving. Is it possible he took them with him as collateral of sorts? Could he have threatened her with their lives if she went to the cops?

Eta: it would be an explanation as to why she wasn't with them for the holiday

:Welcome1:

Toastsfriend​

Thank you for joining WS and for pitching in.

Seems to me you're on the right track, he seems especially coercive.

Did you follow the Sherin Mathews case at all?
Sherin's mother claimed she slept through the whole incident and that she had no idea what her husband was up to that night.
Then some time later (can't remember how many days later), she was charged with OOJ and through interviews with her, it was determined she knew what happened to Sherin and had involvement in her death.

So IMO, just because Mariah's mom hasn't been charged with anything yet, doesn't mean she won't be charged some time down the road.

I didn't follow that case. That's sad. :(

If water is found in her lungs, that would mean she was alive when thrown over the bridge.
I hope that isn't the case :(

Do you have a link to the statements made by neighbors seeing him leaving with 'something limp at 3AM'? The dressers were stolen between 11:00 and 3:00 (http://myfox8.com/2017/12/02/newly-...nformation-into-case-of-missing-mariah-woods/) LE will often say person X is not a suspect (at this time). I have lived in a trailer and believe me you can hear everything - you can hear a motor start up outside for sure. You can hear doors open and close. You can hear (and feel) people walking around. Who puts a 3yo to bed at 11:00? It appeared she stood by his story of Mariah getting up at midnight and him telling her to go back to bed. IMO she did know something bad had happened. I know several women who put the man before their child in every circumstance.

If water is found in her lungs, that would mean she was alive when thrown over the bridge.

Do we know she was "thrown or tossed from the bridge". Hate to play Devil's Advocate but could he have tearfully placed her in the water because she was dead and he was afraid?

Sorry...always an optimist!

actually all that would mean is that she was breathing when she was placed in the water. It doesn't determine how she was put in the water.

bbm I must have missed that. I remember they said she hasn't been charged with anything. That's not the same as not being a suspect.

But I might be wrong and missed it or misheard/misremember. Can you find a quote? TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member