Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always question humanity and just why this happens. I know I will never get s answer that makes me feel better.
I just can't comprehend how someone can harm a young baby like this. I will never buy a accident theory. When there are accidents they usually aren't so hidden and hush hush. People call for help.
(Not saying he is saying or anyone is saying this is an accident)
Everyday we see this. Every day it's the same thing. I raised my son on my own for the majority of his life. I was a young mom at 17. I never, ever put a man before his safety. No one moved in, no one was alone with him and really no one met him until I was in love when he was 15!!!!
It was well worth the wait.
I will never understand why. I'm just rambling. I'm sorry. I just feel so sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If mom covered for BF once than I would not put it past her to cover for him again.

Imo, She knows more.

Jmo

We all knew how this was going to conclude...but I'm sickened that this beautiful little girl
is no longer with us.

Thank you LE for finding her.

I don’t think I could have gotten through today without all of you on this thread, sharing my outrage and my heartbreak. Thank you. Hugs to all of you.

These cases are always heartbreaking but following them now when I'm trying to have children makes it so much harder. There are so many families out there who would do anything to finally have a baby or can't have children or who would happily take in more children and yet people carelessly put their babies in danger or discard them like trash. I get so angry I can barely type.

110% agree!
And those good, loving people who never had a chance to have children, never met the right partner, had illness or other life issues.

I did work in reproductive medicine/ ivf for many years. The irony of this life, where good people suffer and grieve not being able to have a child, then the polar opposite end.... those that take drugs, abuse their bodies and then neglect or worse harm/ kill their own children.

It’s enough unfairness to drive you insane.

I always question humanity and just why this happens. I know I will never get s answer that makes me feel better.
I just can't comprehend how someone can harm a young baby like this. I will never buy a accident theory. When there are accidents they usually aren't so hidden and hush hush. People call for help.
Everyday we see this. Every day it's the same thing. I raised my son on my own for the majority of his life. I was a young mom at 17. I never, ever put a man before his safety. No one moved in, no one was alone with him and really no one met him until I was in love when he was 15!!!!

It's bad enough when the child is dead, but then the perp throws them away in the most disgusting manner, like trash. My mind struggles to understand how humans can be so divient.

I've been so angry all day over this for little Mariah and all the other children that suffer at the hands of boyfriend's of moms and the mothers themselves that expose their kids to this heinous brutality. I think high schools should hold classes mandatory that explain how lousy these women's lives will turn out if they go about having multiple children at a young age without proper education and job skills to support them and how making the right choices early on in their lives will result in a much better future for them and the children they decide to have later on.

I think teaching these young girls how much it cost to raise a child and how much rents or mortgages payments are will give them some idea of what they face once they decide to have unprotected sex. Are these ladies just clueless about the real cost to survive in the world with all these kids? Did someone tell them they can just file for welfare and live off that? I just do not understand how a woman with little or no job skills would allow themselves to get knocked up multiple times and think they can support them all?? I'm just puzzled at this.

P.S. I think the mother should be forced by law to tell her story of woe before all the girls in high school to help show what really happens when you fall in love and consent to unprotected sex and a life out on your own with your offspring. She hould help educate other kids not to take her path in life!

If mom covered for BF once than I would not put it past her to cover for him again.

Imo, She knows more.

Jmo

Or maybe he is covering for her. For some reason I think she may be more dominant in the relationship than EK.
I get that just based on the few pleas from her and the few pics of EK.
Probably not enough to form an opinion but it will be interesting to see as time goes on. IMO

I was a single mom also and did not move anyone in.

The answer you are looking for isn't a pretty one. I suspect there will be sexual violation involved in this. Between a parent and child there exists a taboo against sexual interaction. Sometimes when bringing a non-parent (i.e. boyfriend) into the home that taboo most people have isn't there. Before people jump me I want to reiterate SOMETIMES -- not the norm

I've been so angry all day over this for little Mariah and all the other children that suffer at the hands of boyfriend's of moms and the mothers themselves that expose their kids to this heinous brutality. I think high schools should hold classes mandatory that explain how lousy these women's lives will turn out if they go about having multiple children at a young age without proper education and job skills to support them and how making the right choices early on in their lives will result in a much better future for them and the children they decide to have later on.

I think teaching these young girls how much it cost to raise a child and how much rents or mortgages payments are will give them some idea of what they face once they decide to have unprotected sex. Are these ladies just clueless about the real cost to survive in the world with all these kids? Did someone tell them they can just file for welfare and live off that? I just do not understand how a woman with little or no job skills would allow themselves to get knocked up multiple times and think they can support them all?? I'm just puzzled at this.

P.S. I think the mother should be forced by law to tell her story of woe before all the girls in high school to help show what really happens when you fall in love and consent to unprotected sex and a life out on your own with your offspring. She hould help educate other kids not to take her path in life!

Not just girls. We could teach boys to be responsible too.

Not just girls. We could teach boys to be responsible too.

Amen to that! LOL all they need to see is a pay stub where the courts yanked 25 % of his take home for child support for the next 18 years ! I tell my 21 year old that all the time aint no booty worth 18 years of child support lol

Totally agree. Saw today a post on FB from a woman with five kids asking for free used toys for her kids for xmas. Made me very sad that those kids cannot have anything new or purchased just for them because the mom made the choices she did and her kids lack because of it. Why not have one child that you can take take good care of instead of five and barely get by? I don't understand. Please don't tell me I don't know her circumstances because I do know.

Does parenting get taught in high school? I am old so we had Home Ec...learn to sew! But being a parent came from what you learned from home and what choices you made. Just wondering if society has realized the need for a liitle guidance? Only if you get in trouble with Children's Services do they send one to Parenting Classes here.

Just curious!!

I had a friend hang up the phone on me today. I was so upset about this case, and venting. I wondered how anyone can choose a d*C@ over a child. Choose a convicted felon over the safety and stability of their child. Turns out, she had left her abusive husband, the father of her two girls, and immediately moved in with a felon. Lived with him for 6yrs, he was killed, and within a month, had left her now early teen girls and moved into the current man's house. Some people, no matter what, feel they MUST have a man around. I don't know why. Whether these females see it as a society norm that a man should be around? They are looking for a provider? They lack the self esteem and confidence to realize they can and will survive without a male? I don't know the answer. I wish we could figure it out, and fix whatever is wrong in society that is allowing this to continue.

It just feels like some kids never have a chance in life. It doesn't really matter about their economical status, or so it seems. Little Sherin wasn't low income, and yet she's dead. I've seen cases where the grandparents are very active in the child's life, still they are dead. I don't know why but I'm so very weary of all these child deaths.

First time posting... (nervous). I’ve followed several cases on WS. This case has shaken me to the core. In the beginning it was mentioned the BF and Mom were using Meth. I’ve witnessed first hand what Meth does to a person. I’ve tried to save several addicts in my lifetime. Meth is by far the most evil of all, IMO. Ten years ago my niece,16 months old, was abused by her mother’s BF. Her mother dropped her off at my house shortly after the incident. After an hour of trying to calm her and give her a bath, i found her back side bruised from her shoulder blades to her bottom. Her mother told the detective she left my niece with her BF while she went to purchase meth and she “slipped down the steps” while she was gone. That was the most challenging part of my life. To this day I do not have children of my own. I’ve devoted my life to my niece and nephew and thank God everyday for both of them. If only I could’ve saved sweet Mariah. RIP baby girl knowing you’re loved by many.

Wow. Welcome to websleuths! You are a special person. The world needs more like you!

Exactly.
The LE need to get all their ducks in a row before they can pursue murder charges.

OT: you live in my favorite city :)

Disney!!!!

And the cycle of life does go on.
Mariah is no longer on this earth, and a new life enters it.
My first grandnephew, Luke, was born today.

Congratulations. May little Luke's life be one filled with beauty and love and protection.

Does anyone know if there are services available for kids in these circumstances? These poor boys are going to need life-long counseling.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Yes. There are really good grief and trauma therapy groups for kids.

Also I think some of you guys are going to be shocked/surprised to find out that the mother doesn't have a lick to do with what happened to this baby girl. IMHO I think she would have been charged with something by now if she did. She's made statements to the LE and to the media that she had no knowledge of what happened to Mariah, begged that she brought home etc. This combined with the fact that neighbors seeing EK leaving the trailer holding something limp at 3AM indicates that the mom was probably asleep and at this time and had no idea until she woke up that the little girl was "Missing". But yeah I think the LE would have got her on lying by now if she had anything to do with it. In fact in the presser they even stated she's not a suspect.I don't think she knew.

In so many cases charges aren't brought right away. No one has been hatched yet for Mariah's death. In most cases we see
on here it takes awhile.

But I do think it's rare for moms to be charged in cases where they enable a man to abuse or kill their kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member