Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sooooooo curious as to where Mariah's leg braces are.

In one of the interviews with Mariah's mom, she indicated that Mariah did not have her braces on, because she didn't wear them when she slept.

Perhaps the dressers are a red herring in this whole thing...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe his alibi?

‘It wasn’t me. I was busy stealing dressers.’ moo

Maybe his alibi?

‘It wasn’t me. I was busy stealing dressers.’ moo

Maybe saying "I was moving this dressers into the house and Mariah woke up and well, the reason she's so injured is because I dropped one on her accidentally. I couldn't call 911 because she was already dead and I knew I'd go to prison for a long long time for a new larceny charge"

Maybe saying "I was moving this dressers into the house and Mariah woke up and well, the reason she's so injured is because I dropped one on her accidentally. I couldn't call 911 because she was already dead and I knew I'd go to prison for a long long time for a new larceny charge"
]
Accidents happen and people are not sent to prison for accidents.

The dresser has to be of some importance regarding this case. He obviously confessed to LE because once he was arrested just two hours later the dive team found her body. That's not a coincidence. He had to have told them exactly where she was located. Hopefully, LE didn't make a plea deal with him for confessing to the murder. And I thought I had read that the water where she was found was deep. I will try and look for the news article.

In one of the interviews with Mariah's mom, she indicated that Mariah did not have her braces on, because she didn't wear them when she slept.

But did anyone throw them away, knowing she wouldn't be needing them?

You are so right about that. There have been many times that I've had to step away and also many times that I swore I would never follow another child related case but find myself right back on another one. At this time I'm also following Sherin Mathews case and as a lot of you know, that one has really hit us hard as well.
Being a newbie to this site , I am continually amazed by the knowledge among you sleuthers , as well as the respect and kindness to each other .
Too many tragedies .... so much evil , yes , stepping away is the only answer to maintain your sanity . Following Sherin Mathews as well , she was my first .... cried my heart out day after day on that one . She's hugging sweet little Mariah , can't you just see them all together ? No sadness, no fear , no pain or suffering .

]
Accidents happen and people are not sent to prison for accidents.

Correct but if he had been charged with larceny, it would have been enhanced and he would be sentenced to a lot of time. I'm just putting myself in his mindset. Better to hide her and claim the boogeyman did it rather to call 911 and risk prison for being a habitual felon. If he knew she was dead, in his mind, 911 wouldn't be able to help her anyway.
Pretty sure they discussed all scenarios before calling 911

The dresser has to be of some importance regarding this case. He obviously confessed to LE because once he was arrested just two hours later the dive team found her body. That's not a coincidence. He had to have told them exactly where she was located. Hopefully, LE didn't make a plea deal with him for confessing to the murder. And I thought I had read that the water where she was found was deep. I will try and look for the news article.

Also keep in mind that the sheriff said he had a lengthy conversation with a female family member yesterday. Suddenly the search location changed and she was found. Sure sounds like somebody said something.

Also keep in mind that the sheriff said he had a lengthy conversation with a female family member yesterday. Suddenly the search location changed and she was found. Sure sounds like somebody said something.
Which to me means that she knew much more than she claimed to know.

Correct but if he had been charged with larceny, it would have been enhanced and he would be sentenced to a lot of time. I'm just putting myself in his mindset. Better to hide her and claim the boogeyman did it rather to call 911 and risk prison for being a habitual felon. If he knew she was dead, in his mind, 911 wouldn't be able to help her anyway.
Pretty sure they discussed all scenarios before calling 911
SABBM

It would be interesting to hear that mother's 911 call -- has it been released ?

I think a family member may have given LE ideas where to search, places EK is familiar with etc. Because didn't they search in at least two different places today? They wouldn't have done this if he had told them where to find her.

How sad. Heartbreaking for the father who wanted the kids but could not afford court costs. Our system is skewed against the fathers and it so unfair.

He would not have needed an attorney! That is just an excuse. The DA would have represented him if he had been granted visitation rights as he claims.

Do you have a link to the statements made by neighbors seeing him leaving with 'something limp at 3AM'? The dressers were stolen between 11:00 and 3:00 (http://myfox8.com/2017/12/02/newly-...nformation-into-case-of-missing-mariah-woods/) LE will often say person X is not a suspect (at this time). I have lived in a trailer and believe me you can hear everything - you can hear a motor start up outside for sure. You can hear doors open and close. You can hear (and feel) people walking around. Who puts a 3yo to bed at 11:00? It appeared she stood by his story of Mariah getting up at midnight and him telling her to go back to bed. IMO she did know something bad had happened. I know several women who put the man before their child in every circumstance.

These times make no sense at all. What I am reading is that the mother put Mariah to bed at 11 pm. The boyfriend said Mariah got out of bed at Midnight, and he told her to get back in bed. Yet. from 11pm - 3 am, the boyfriend was stealing dressers from some old abandoned house.

I don't understand why he hasn't been charged with at least manslaughter. Instead he is charged with concealing her death. Did he accidentally kill her or did someone else? He is covering for someone? Even if it were an accident her death would still be manslaughter.

I woke up really early this morning so I thought I'd check here for any updates.
My heart stopped when I read that Mariah had been found. I knew she was already dead bless her, but reading 'they've found her' made me feel sick to my stomach.

There's not much else I can say right now.
Sweet Dreams Mariah. I really hope they get justice for you *advertiser censored*

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member