Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.

Did they say anything about mom having black eyes or bruises?

Loud arguments do not mean mom was abused, it means they argued loudly. Destroying the car means he is a nutcase, not that he physically abused her.

He could have, but I haven't seen anything that convinces me that he did.

It is certainly far from a fact, even though everyone is treating it like a fact.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BBM
This too is true. I knew a couple who, I do believe, thrived off of arguing, and yelling, and sometimes launching something, at each other, making up, and doing it all over again. Somehow, the universe let them "find" each other. They stayed together til death do us part.

I'm still reserving judgement on the Mom for now. In the recent case of little Caliyah McNabb, who was only two weeks old when her bio dad was charged with her murder, and then of hiding her body in the woods behind their trailer park. The Mom called it in as a missing child. I was wary of her, especially so, after listening to her 911 call, but I think she was possibly in shock that an infant could disappear (she's yet to be arrested). After they arrested bio dad, her family made a statement, and they included his abuse of her, including that he'd beaten her on her back, (so that it wouldn't show), til it was black and blue.

He would not have needed an attorney! That is just an excuse. The DA would have represented him if he had been granted visitation rights as he claims.

That is not true. The DA prosecutes criminal cases, not family law, civil cases.

Maybe his alibi?

‘It wasn’t me. I was busy stealing dressers.’ moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say I like the way you think. I said the exact same thing word for word to a friend earlier. Keep thinking.

He would not have needed an attorney! That is just an excuse. The DA would have represented him if he had been granted visitation rights as he claims.

The DA wouldn't be involved in a custody case.

If the dad had a court order pertaining to visitation and the mom still refused to let him see the kids, he would have had to call the police. They won't take sides but they will file a report. He would then need to get himself a lawyer who handles custody cases. If there was no court order granting him visitation, he wouldn't have been able to do anything about it until he went to court and got one.

depending on the cops they might go check on the kids and they can enforce the custody order if they want to. otherwise it's done in court, but you can do it pro se. we have no idea what the bio dad's history is so there may be more to the custody issue than we know.

If the dad had a court order pertaining to visitation and the mom still refused to let him see the kids, he would have had to call the police. They won't take sides but they will file a report. He would then need to get himself a lawyer who handles custody cases. If there was no court order granting him visitation, he wouldn't have been able to do anything about it until he went to court and got one.

I don't want to say too much because I barely know the correct facts and especially the family laws in that state but...I believe they were still legally married?? So, there wasn't any custody papers, child support or any written agreement as of yet. If it was true, he needed to pay for an attorney etc. (to receive visitations etc.) a year is quite a long time (if I am correct about the length of time he had not seen his chidren???) to wait to be upset that you have not seen your children. I may be all wrong in this idea but if I hadn't seen my children in a year because you went off and had an affair, if I didn't have anything to hide, I would be pushing for my legal rights to see my children etc.

Not very clear on truths so just take as my own opinion.

:goodpost: Ya can't visit them if the judge didn't include visitation...

Being a newbie to this site , I am continually amazed by the knowledge among you sleuthers , as well as the respect and kindness to each other .
Too many tragedies .... so much evil , yes , stepping away is the only answer to maintain your sanity . Following Sherin Mathews as well , she was my first .... cried my heart out day after day on that one . She's hugging sweet little Mariah , can't you just see them all together ? No sadness, no fear , no pain or suffering .
:'( And little Paitin too, in Watha

My heart breaks for little Mariah... I haven't been on WS's for a while. I got burned out on the Zahra Baker case, and the Jessica Ridgeway case. It's important to care, and I just want to give a word of encouragement for everyone who is hurting tonight over Mairah's case. The fact that you are hurting means there is something worthy left in humanity. The work that is done here is important for lots of reasons, so don't give up.... keep on caring, and sleuthing, and seeking justice for the victims who can't do it for themselves. Justice will be served in this case.

BBM
A heart that is broken is a heart that is open.

Beautiful post, Reannan.

I'd be interested to know the layout of their trailer. Like how many bedrooms does it have, how thin are the walls (I imagine they are incredibly thin, where the exits are situated and who is closest to them.

If my husband gets up to get a drink of water, I'm awake. If he doesn't return to bed, I'll go looking to see where he is.

My husband would also describe me as someone that would sleep through an earthquake, yet that slightest movement by him and I'm awake.

I know I don't know the story yet, but I'm really struggling to believe that he's the only one that knows what happened.

More charges have to be on their way.

Maybe saying "I was moving this dressers into the house and Mariah woke up and well, the reason she's so injured is because I dropped one on her accidentally. I couldn't call 911 because she was already dead and I knew I'd go to prison for a long long time for a new larceny charge"

He had to know the dressers were in there, prior to the death. That's just too coincidental. He's probably been rambling around thievin' what's not tied down, saw them in there, and made a mental note, and referenced it this past Monday. Did they find them? I really hope they found them.

RIP Sweet little Mariah! :rose:

attachment.php

Oh WHY!!!! :tears:

Attachments

• Mariah.jpg
    Mariah.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 514
He had to know the dressers were in there, prior to the death. That's just too coincidental. He's probably been rambling around thievin' what's not tied down, saw them in there, and made a mental note, and referenced it this past Monday. Did they find them? I really hope they found them.

As far as I know a dresser was found in his shed behind the family trailer. You are so right, he’s known that house is unoccupied and no doubt been through there several times.

I’m hurting for the bio dad so much, from experience. My husband and I have both been married before with children on both sides plus two of ‘ours’. In his case his X prevented him from visitation by not answering the door, telling him one of the boys were ill, they both didn’t want to come out or nobody was home they had gone out.

as far as going back to court it’s difficult to apply for custody when you have a home to run, bills to pay, child maintenance to pay. In our case he had two boys, I had two boys that my X told court he wasn’t working and offered 5 pence a year each. All that was 32 years ago now, all 6 boys are grown up men and we are in touch with my step sons even though the mother took them over 200 miles away to prevent parental visitation.

Little Mariah is out of pain running happily with the angels

Hey all!

So sad - just reading this morning about little Mariah's body being found....

PinkPrincess said:
The dresser has to be of some importance regarding this case. He obviously confessed to LE because once he was arrested just two hours later the dive team found her body. That's not a coincidence. He had to have told them exactly where she was located. Hopefully, LE didn't make a plea deal with him for confessing to the murder. And I thought I had read that the water where she was found was deep. I will try and look for the news article.

I believe this is wrong. He was arrested, I believe at 2am Saturday, her body was found at 5:30pm that same day.

Perhaps the dressers are a red herring in this whole thing...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s hard to imagine that, since the burglary took place in the same time frame as the disappearance. I can only imagine he concealed her body in one of them. Why he took two dressers instead of one is a mystery. I wonder if he had been using that house, and those dressers, as a place to stash things. I think he put that house to use quite often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB