Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the mother made any statements regarding this arrest?

Agree with all of this regarding the dressers. I think they have little or nothing to do with her death or disposal. Yes, it seems odd, but I just really think that the most it tells us is his state of mind. He needed money for something, or he was being particularly reckless that night. But I doubt there is a direct tie to her death or disposal. A stolen dresser as a disposal method would just be really obvious in a body of water. It would also be one of the most awkward ways to move or dump a body. I also don't buy that he would steal dressers to make a makeshift coffin. I just don't buy it. I think by focusing too much on the dressers, we are spending less time on more obvious and logical ways in which she was killed or disposed of.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Here's my .02 cents...

Police put a dollar amount on the dressers and I think that has derailed some of us from thinking that the motive for stealing them was financial. If you were going to steal something to sell, why in the heck would you pick a dresser, of all things? Especially one with very little resale value in an abandoned house that from what I've read on MSM was in pretty disgusting shape. Can't imagine those dressers were in any different condition and is probably why they were able to easily tie the dressers to the abandoned house (due to the condition, similar mold/mildew, etc. on them - again, speculating here).

I tend to believe that in his Sunday night rampage, he attempted to dispose of the body inside the abandoned house. When he went to the abandoned house the dresser(s) were likely the easiest place he could place the body. He probably went back home, realized how close of proximity it was and that it would likely be searched by LE, and he started to panic.

He probably went back to the abandoned house to get the dressers, knowing there was evidence on them, with the intentions of destroying them later. He then took the body of poor Mariah and drove to Pender county to put her where she was later found in the water.

"The arrest warrants for Kimrey, known to be Mariah’s mother’s live-in boyfriend, show that he is accused of stealing two dressers from a home on High Hill Road around the time of Mariah’s disappearance, between 11 p.m. Sunday and 3 a.m. Monday." -Fox8

The fact that this happened the same night she went missing leads me to believe it was directly related to the disposal of the body, hence the charges surrounding it as well. I believe that items or DNA in the dresser directly tied the dresser to Mariah, which is what started to put a lot of pressure on the mother's boyfriend and ultimately led to his arrest. They could have easily found his DNA or fingerprints on the dresser as well and tied it all together.

I actually believe that Mariah did go missing Sunday night, and also believe the mother was not part of the crime. I think she was a victim in an abusive (probably both verbal and physical) relationship, and was maybe even too naive to see through his cover-up. I think he was probably in constant questioning and probably a very early suspect all along.

Of course I could have it all wrong, just trying to put the pieces together. I hope for swift justice for Mariah.

Kristy Woods very first interview got my attention. That was the one in which she strangely said, "goes by the name Mariah." As if a 3-year-old was using an alias. She also described Mariah's hair as being "brown," when it is clearly blonde in the photos we see of her ... Her friend, standing beside her in that interview, even corrected her saying, "blonde hair."

However, one phrase that really caught my attention was this:

“This is my world, this is my angel,” Kristy Woods told WITN. “She was sent to me for a reason. This is my everything besides my boys, the love that I have for this girl. The bond that I have … is my life.”

Her language puts so much distance between her and Mariah. I remember the statement analysis regarding Patsy Ramsey scrutinized her phrase, "I loved that child with all of my heart and soul," regarding JonBenet ... Statement analyzers noted that to be one of the significant findings of distancing herself from JonBenet ... a lot has been written about that over the years.

I believe in this instance angel is specific to her unplanned pregnancy and therefore the realm of parenthood.
Not when the gift of a child is felt by an entire family, as they often are.

I believe the arrest report stated that they were stolen between 11:00 p.m. on Sunday and 3:30 a.m. on Monday from the abandoned house.

Classic Sunday night chez Kimrey. Citizen of the year.

I don't know about that. I've often thought I "just want" to hug someone again who is gone, and that doesn't exclude being hugged back. "Just" is an adverb that often adds emphasis and urgency.

In this instance just stands out because she has restricted her desires to only include what she can do. It opens up the possibility of her knowledge of Mariah being deceased.

It would be very unusual in my experience with my kids and all of the parents and kids that I’ve known over the 18 years I’ve been a parent for a 3 year old to still be on a bottle. AAP recommends that babies be off a bottle by 12-18mo of age.

I always say, “I fed the kids” not anything like “I made dinner and served it to them.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my .02 cents...

Police put a dollar amount on the dressers and I think that has derailed some of us from thinking that the motive for stealing them was financial. If you were going to steal something to sell, why in the heck would you pick a dresser, of all things? Especially one with very little resale value in an abandoned house that from what I've read on MSM was in pretty disgusting shape. Can't imagine those dressers were in any different condition and is probably why they were able to easily tie the dressers to the abandoned house (due to the condition, similar mold/mildew, etc. on them - again, speculating here).

I tend to believe that in his Sunday night rampage, he attempted to dispose of the body inside the abandoned house. When he went to the abandoned house the dresser(s) were likely the easiest place he could place the body. He probably went back home, realized how close of proximity it was and that it would likely be searched by LE, and he started to panic.

He probably went back to the abandoned house to get the dressers, knowing there was evidence on them, with the intentions of destroying them later. He then took the body of poor Mariah and drove to Pender county to put her where she was later found in the water.

"The arrest warrants for Kimrey, known to be Mariah’s mother’s live-in boyfriend, show that he is accused of stealing two dressers from a home on High Hill Road around the time of Mariah’s disappearance, between 11 p.m. Sunday and 3 a.m. Monday." -Fox8

The fact that this happened the same night she went missing leads me to believe it was directly related to the disposal of the body, hence the charges surrounding it as well. I believe that items or DNA in the dresser directly tied the dresser to Mariah, which is what started to put a lot of pressure on the mother's boyfriend and ultimately led to his arrest. They could have easily found his DNA or fingerprints on the dresser as well and tied it all together.

I actually believe that Mariah did go missing Sunday night, and also believe the mother was not part of the crime. I think she was a victim in an abusive (probably both verbal and physical) relationship, and was maybe even too naive to see through his cover-up. I think he was probably in constant questioning and probably a very early suspect all along.

Of course I could have it all wrong, just trying to put the pieces together. I hope for swift justice for Mariah.

Ok if I thought there might be evidence in a piece of furniture that is not in my possession, I would not take possession of it and get caught with it later in my shed or house. I would immediately take it out near my fishing hole and burn it quickly.

If I could not do that right away, I would rather leave it there until I could, because her DNA in it may only lead to LE thinking an abduction did happen and she was taken to an abandoned house.

The notion of adding in an element of a large unwieldy piece of furniture to a crime directly related to murder makes no sense to me. If you need to dispose of something, you grab a bag, not a dresser.

How is it clear?

I don't know where you are from but maybe it's an area thing but if someone said we do this or we call her that about a child, I would automatically assume they meant the person talking and the family surrounding the child.

How is it clear?
It's clear to me because I have heard people refer to beloved children in families in this way, there was never anything nefarious about it.

Do we know for sure that he wasn't already being held on a lesser charge and the timing was more to do with evidence being returned from Quantico or warrants being signed?

Kimrey was arrested on the evening of Dec. 1st. The sheriff’s FB page posted the arrest info early yesterday morning at 2:30 AM.

Onslow County Sheriff's Office
Yesterday at 2:30am · Richlands, NC ·

The Onslow County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI have made an arrest in connection with the disappearance of 3-year-old Mariah Woods. 32-year-old Earl Kimrey was taken into custody by investigators at the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office on December 1, 2017......

https://www.facebook.com/onslowsheriff/

The Onslow County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI arrested 32-year-old Earl Kimrey late Friday and charged him with concealing a death, obstruction of justice, second-degree burglary, larceny and possession of stolen property. He was being held in the Onslow County Detention Center on a $1 million bond.

http://www.wral.com/sheriff-authori...ieved-to-be-3-year-old-mariah-woods/17156154/
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the links.

Ok if I thought there might be evidence in a piece of furniture that is not in my possession, I would not take possession of it and get caught with it later in my shed or house. I would immediately take it out near my fishing hole and burn it quickly.

If I could not do that right away, I would rather leave it there until I could, because her DNA in it may only lead to LE thinking an abduction did happen and she was taken to an abandoned house.

The notion of adding in an element of a large unwieldy piece of furniture to a crime directly related to murder makes no sense to me. If you need to dispose of something, you grab a bag, not a dresser.

Completely agree and that is the one part I can't wrap my head around. I think in his panic he made some really stupid mistakes that ultimately (and thankfully) led to him being busted.

I have to wonder if he planned on properly disposing of it later and maybe just cleaned/bleached it at the house. He knew he couldn't start a fire at night because of the attention it would draw, but then again, why not get rid of the dressers in a dumpster somewhere? It's all very odd.

I don't know where you are from but maybe it's an area thing but if someone said we do this or we call her that about a child, I would automatically assume they meant the person talking and the family surrounding the child.
Yes, "we" call a friend's child a bossy little thing, "our" little monkey, and all kinds of other things, and it includes not only the close family but friends.

Completely agree and that is the one part I can't wrap my head around. I think in his panic he made some really stupid mistakes that ultimately (and thankfully) led to him being busted.

I have to wonder if he planned on properly disposing of it later and maybe just cleaned/bleached it at the house. He knew he couldn't start a fire at night because of the attention it would draw, but then again, why not get rid of the dressers in a dumpster somewhere? It's all very odd.
I think we can't wrap our heads around it because it's only related in a peripheral way, in that it was a separate incident that happened that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member