Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to remember these people are not seasoned public speakers - her daughter is missing, she is a wreck, mic and cameras in your face. She was asked questions and she answered them. I would not get out there and talk about my child may be hurting, may be cold, may be scared because I would not want to think of those things in front of cameras I would lose all composure. I didn't find anything off about her interview at all.

Although some of what she said made me raise my eyebrows, the fact that she looked so nice is what makes me give the side eye. The last thing I would care about if my kid was missing was putting on makeup. I would be a mess, eyes swollen from crying, tears and snot. I tend to cry with passion and excess though. But honestly, she looks nice and put together. IMO.

Is there a way to post pics in here?

Yes, click on the little picture symbol above the Reply box.

But all pictures must be linked to a source, and only msm and LE (and some other official sources) are allowed.

The law. Social workers are not free agents who do as they please. They have to abide by statutes
CPS themselves said they dropped the ball in this case. It had nothing to do with the law.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WTCI interview with spokesperson for family (grandmother mentioned) Pastor Bender. The Grandmother must have the boys as she is asking for gas cards (driving them to and from school everyday), food cards, and prayers. Sorry if this has already been posted. I can't even imagine what it's been like for these boys. My heart breaks for them.
https://www.facebook.com/wcti12/videos/1490563014324846/

I've been gone but have a question. They were searching in a body of water close to Mariah's home. Then they moved to another area body of water and found her. How far apart are those two places and did they know where to go because Earl told them where to look? TIA

I think they said 25 miles away from her home in Holly Shelter Creek.

Scanning...looks like he was busy with 2 incidents of "assault/other dangerous weapon" in early April of last year? (What is SUPP contact?)

Also, 10/13---"injury to personal property"... (car window incident or other?)

So, HE reported her missing? 11/27 "Reporting party"

Hi there, can you share that link? TIA

You all are probably right and I'm being too hard on mom. Different people all respond differently. Heck, I'm always struck by how differently the different members of Kyron's family reacted.

https://youtu.be/KqMRaVuig48

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't think it's really a matter of being "too hard" on her. I admit, I wonder about her, and have theorized different scenarios, on this side of the keyboard. I just don't find much odd about her speech or demeanor but, it's common speak to me. Also, I'm not a warm fuzzies, type of person. Folks would probably be ready to hang me because I'd likely try to maintain complete composure, and I'd probably say something like "he/she goes by", or "love he/she to death".

I've been trying to figure why EK would go to the dilapidated abandoned house to find something to sell. I still have no clue about the dressers but he could have been looking for copper to sell. That's a big thing here and if he had worked in HVAC he would know how to find it and how to remove it. Copper, unlike furniture, is a fast way to make cash as the recycle centers don't ask for ID and don't usually even want to know how it was obtained. JMO

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
I beg to differ regarding copper. Though NC may have different laws than TN, scrapyards don't want to be complicit in receiving stolen property.

Just last month we got a new set of breaker panels installed & had quite a bit of copper wire & related scrap from the old fuse box that came out. When I took it to the scrap yard they photocopied my drivers license, scanned my right thumbprint, & instead of paying me on the spot, issued a check through the mail, once it was confirmed there had been no reports of stolen copper matching the description of what I'd brought to sell.

I'm glad for failsafes like that, because like NC, there are many abandoned & unliveable houses around here that people have tried to strip copper from.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

In an earlier post someone stated that the Sheriff said that he had a long talk with a female family member. I only remembered that he had a long talk with a family member. I gave my opinion yesterday that I was thinking that the mother had finally started talking, so I would not be surprised if that was published somewhere. Have any of you found where he stated "female family member"? I've only found the following article.

http://www.wral.com/sheriff-authori...ieved-to-be-3-year-old-mariah-woods/17156154/

In an update to the media Friday afternoon, Miller said that he had a "long conversation" with one of Mariah's family members, and added that "they are cooperating."

The Sheriff said , “I had a long talk with a family member” and he also said something very close to “we hope to bring Mariah back to her.”

The sheriff didn’t specify who the female family member is so we don’t know who he was referring to.

Later that same evening or early the next morning EK was in custody.

That makes me suspect the female told the Sheriff something and that something led them to EK or it fit with their findings regarding EK’s involvement.

Who was the female?
Was the female being questioned or was it just a conversation?
Was it KW or possibly the grandmother?
Does the grandmother have the 2 boys?
Did the boys open up once they felt safe?

So many unanswered questions swirling around in my head.

Someone posted a few threads ago Kimrey's entire criminal history. There was at least one reference to "missing person " with the date of 2011. What's that about?

Ok, never mind then. Kristy had pictures of M with black eyes and bruises were visible also. She took down her fb, so there's no way to link them.
I have some saved on my phone, but I guess they wouldn't be allowed.
I apologize about the link I posted a few minutes ago. I wasn't aware it was banned.
I'm on an iPhone & I don't see the image button still.

You can't link to the mom's fb either, even if it were still up.

Family members' fb pages are off limits unless they have been named by LE as suspects, POIs, or were arrested for the crime, etc.

I beg to differ regarding copper. Though NC may have different laws than TN, scrapyards don't want to be complicit in receiving stolen property.

Just last month we got a new set of breaker panels installed & had quite a bit of copper wire & related scrap from the old fuse box that came out. When I took it to the scrap yard they photocopied my drivers license, scanned my right thumbprint, & instead of paying me on the spot, issued a check through the mail, once it was confirmed there had been no reports of stolen copper matching the description of what I'd brought to sell.

I'm glad for failsafes like that, because like NC, there are many abandoned & unliveable houses around here that people have tried to strip copper from.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
There is one "legit" scrap business here but more that are not. I put them in the category of some pawnshops, those that all the addicts know and know that it will be "no questions asked", quick cash, see u next time". Where there's a will there's a way. JMO

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

[FONT=&amp]Quite the record. [/FONT]
1f615.png
#mariahwoods

attachment.php

Oh. What a winner. I think I will rush out to invite him into my home. Let him babysit my kids.

I did. It's also linked to animal torture.

The sad sad facts I learn here on WS :(

Since this was in a comment, it is considered rumor for now. But nevertheless, thank you for mentioning it.

I know. I was thinking, "Shoot. It's websleuths." Sadly most of us know. It's part of the triad that indicate the potential to be a serial killer: Arson, animal abuse and bed wetting.

I don't see why they even needed to visit the Matthew's home again after the visits they had and the evidence that was reported more than once by the pediatrician stating that her MANY broken bones were caused by abuse. There is a point when they bear responsibility. That is one of them.

I have nothing against CPS. I am in their corner and wish people were not so critical when they err on the side of caution. But as with other groups of people I support (like LE), I don't believe in letting them off the hook in every case simply because I respect them, know their jobs are hard, realize they are underfunded, or anything else.

I work in animal rescue. These kinds of excuses are also sometimes used to let my fellow rescuers off the hook when they make grave mistakes that result in the loss of life or when they allow their facilities to become uninhabitable. I don't subscribe to this notion no matter how overwhelmed we are. We have a responsibility, and it's one we have chosen to take on.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We are the ones who bear responsibility for this. It's like deciding to send your kid to a private school where the teachers have 100 kids per class and no teaching credential and then blaming them for not doing their job properly.

If we want people who are highly intelligent and motivated then we need to offer pay that attracts the best and the brightest. If we want them to be able to do their jobs properly, we will hire more and allocate much more money to the system.

When an underpaid, overstressed worker with a caseload of 50-60 has the choice to open a case and add one more child into the overburdened system or gloss over it, there are going to be cases like Sherin's or like this one.

The responsibility is ours. We are aware of the problem. We know the facts. But we continue to put our kids in a private school with 100 kids per class and teachers that lack teaching credentials. And then we become righteously indignant and turn on the teachers. But we knew. We knew in advance.

This is a societal problem. And I'm not saying all social workers are terrible or uneducated. But with the system we have accepted we are going to have more issues than there should be.

Bottom line, most of the kids in the system come from poor, minority and/or drug-abusing families and the nation really just doesn't give a damn about that demographic until one of them dies a horrific death. Then suddenly we shriek about how stupid and negligent and criminal are the overburdened, underpaid, inexpert people who we intentionally entrusted these vulnerable little lives to.

It's our choice, our responsibility and we have failed.

Does anyone know if we'll hear today the results of the autopsy? Or will we have to wait until tomorrow?

Oh. What a winner. I think I will rush out to invite him into my home. Let him babysit my kids.

I know. I was thinking, "Shoot. It's websleuths." Sadly most of us know. It's part of the triad that indicate the potential to be a serial killer: Arson, animal abuse and bed wetting.

We are the ones who bear responsibility for this. It's like deciding to send your kid to a private school where the teachers have 100 kids per class and no teaching credential and then blaming them for not doing their job properly.

If we want people who are highly intelligent and motivated then we need to offer pay that attracts the best and the brightest. If we want them to be able to do their jobs properly, we will hire more and allocate much more money to the system.

When an underpaid, overstressed worker with a caseload of 50-60 has the choice to open a case and add one more child into the overburdened system or gloss over it, there are going to be cases like Sherin's or like this one.

The responsibility is ours. We are aware of the problem. We know the facts. But we continue to put our kids in a private school with 100 kids per class and teachers that lack teaching credentials. And then we become righteously indignant and turn on the teachers. But we knew. We knew in advance.

This is a societal problem. And I'm not saying all social workers are terrible or uneducated. But with the system we have accepted we are going to have more issues than there should be.

Bottom line, most of the kids in the system come from poor, minority and/or drug-abusing families and the nation really just doesn't give a damn about that demographic until one of them dies a horrific death. Then suddenly we shriek about how stupid and negligent and criminal are the overburdened, underpaid, inexpert people who we intentionally entrusted these vulnerable little lives to.

It's our choice, our responsibility and we have failed.

I' sure she thought she could change him...lol..love conquers all and all that jazz...jmo

WTCI interview with spokesperson for family (grandmother mentioned) Pastor Bender. The Grandmother must have the boys as she is asking for gas cards (driving them to and from school everyday), food cards, and prayers. Sorry if this has already been posted. I can't even imagine what it's been like for these boys. My heart breaks for them.
https://www.facebook.com/wcti12/videos/1490563014324846/

Oh my gosh. Intense. Both the pastor and the news reporter were crying. My gosh.

It is clear from that to me that the kids are in the custody of maternal grandma and that she needs things for them like clothes and food. Which tends to suggest- but not prove- that the mother isn't with them.

The pastor referred to the grandmother a lot caring for these kids and not "they" as in mom AND grandma.

Of course if i lost my child I would be unlikely to be in the shape necessAry to care for anyone including myself.

But logic and experience with the system tells us that in a case where kids have been removed from the mom previously and now one dies while back in her care? The surviving kids will be removed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway