Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The transcript for Ashleigh Banfield show for Dec 4, 2017 should appear here: http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1712/04/ptab.01.html

Currently it says the show did not air tonight but we know that is not the case:

PRIMETIME JUSTICE WITH ASHLEIGH BANFIELD

Did Not Air This Date

Aired December 4, 2017 - 00:00:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

This program did not air on this date.

END

Weird. I wonder if they got a legal letter and decided not to publish the transcripts?

HLN got them from WCTI who got them from Mariah's dad. There was a WCTI article posted that was removed. CPS reports are not public or considered "public records" unless and until they are introduced in evidence in a court case (and they might even be sealed then).
I understand what you are saying just confused at the 2 different sources sited. The Ashley news video sited the report as coming from a court file. But I have seen information from cps become part of a court file whether via police report, warrant, prosecutor, or clerk of court mistake. To early for this case but the info is also used in pre sentence investigations which vary state to state as being available to public. But it is possible. I've seen it.

North Carolina

When Public Disclosure of Records Is Allowed

Gen. Stat. § 7B-2902

Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a public agency shall disclose to the public, upon request, the findings and

information related to a child fatality or near fatality if:

• A person is criminally charged with having caused the child fatality or near fatality.

• The district attorney has certified that a person would be charged with having caused the child fatality or near

fatality but for that person’s prior death.

Nothing herein shall be deemed to authorize access to the confidential records in the custody of a public agency, or the

disclosure to the public of the substance or content of any psychiatric, psychological, or therapeutic evaluations or like

materials or information pertaining to the child or the child’s family unless directly related to the cause of the child fatality

or near fatality, or the disclosure of information that would reveal the identities of persons who provided information

related to the suspected abuse, neglect, or maltreatment of the child.

Within 5 working days from the receipt of a request for findings and information related to a child fatality or near fatality,

a public agency shall consult with the appropriate district attorney and provide the findings and information unless the

agency has a reasonable belief that release of the information:

• Is not authorized by State law

• Is likely to cause mental or physical harm or danger to a minor child residing in the deceased or injured child’s

household

• Is likely to jeopardize the State’s ability to prosecute the defendant

• Is likely to jeopardize the defendant’s right to a fair trial

• Is likely to undermine an ongoing or future criminal investigation

• Is not authorized by Federal law and regulations

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubPDFs/confide.pdf

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The transcript for Ashleigh Banfield show for Dec 4, 2017 should appear here: http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1712/04/ptab.01.html

Currently it says the show did not air tonight but we know that is not the case:

Weird. I wonder if they got a legal letter and decided not to publish the transcripts?

Odd! The time of the show changed and now it airs on HLN from 6-8pm EST. The CNN site says 8-9pm. Does anyone know if it played on CNN proper tonight?

I think it did bc I saw a different screen shot of the CPS statements and they were copied from a CNN url.
Odd! The time of the show changed and now it airs on HLN from 6-8pm EST. The CNN site says 8-9pm. Does anyone know if it played on CNN proper tonight?

New to websleuths and am just catching up on this feed, so this may be addressed in alter posts I haven't made it to yet. Anyway. In another nancy grace interview today with Alex woods, it was mentioned that KW's dad was talking with one of his coworkers about what happened, saying KW told him. So wonder if that's who the family member is. Still something doesn't add up tho. By talking to someone else the grandfather/dad would be incriminating himself right? Since he knew what went down?

screencaps are not necessary and are only allowed with prior admin approval.

the article from http://www.wcti12.com/ although later removed, was quoted and discussed in this thread prior to it's subsequent removal by the original posting news org.

It can be considered a fact that the CPS report was described in the article as having been provided to the station by AW, Mariah's father and came to him via LE. No screencap or link required

eeewww. There's a video of Mariah's 3rd (?) b'day when she gets her toy pink car. At one point about halfway through, another child is touching the door of the car with Mariah inside and KW, squatting beside the car instructing Mariah to wave at the camera, grabs and swats the child's hand away from the car without even looking at the child. It made me cringe.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5134315/Mariah-Woods-dad-says-mom-LYING-kidnapping.html

I agree. I remember seeing that too. It is a tiny girl about 2, obviously loving the pink car and wanting to get closer to it. There is really no need to react so harshly to a little girl having a normal reaction like that. :no:

Well obvious I'm new. That post was meant as a reply to someone else's I was reading on page 16 but posted it here at the end with no reference to the post I was reading. Can someone tell me what I did wrong. 😕

It was on at the 6-8 time slot tonight. I was listening to the show on satellite radio on my way home from work. I almost crashed my car when she started reading from the report about the SA.

New to websleuths and am just catching up on this feed, so this may be addressed in alter posts I haven't made it to yet. Anyway. In another nancy grace interview today with Alex woods, it was mentioned that KW's dad was talking with one of his coworkers about what happened, saying KW told him. So wonder if that's who the family member is. Still something doesn't add up tho. By talking to someone else the grandfather/dad would be incriminating himself right? Since he knew what went down?

That is puzzling everyone. How did LE know to travel 25 miles away and find her body? Someone knew a lot more than they were letting on.

[emoji22] I wish I could say I was surprised.

It's the same thing, over and over, just change the names.

bbm

In my opinion, just like the modern phenomena of mass shootings. . . we are outraged, distraught, sympathize with the victims, cry that "something must be done" and then. . . . (crickets). What can we do to transfer this rage and frustration into action that will actually make a difference in the lives of others, before they become victims?

I sure don't have any easy answers, but I do know that any solution will be complicated and controversial, and difficult to implement, and of course, not guaranteed to "fix" the problem. Maybe, at some point we can start a thread that welcomes brainstorming about how to help families and children before their names turn up in a headline on this website.

I would think because this may not be true...if it is then wow I expect her charged.

Edit I haven’t listened only saw the tweets linked up thread. I haven’t read them all, but if true obstruction comes to mind for the timeline or lying or whatever. But again this is all rumor anyway and I have issues with dad coming out and saying all this and not keeping quiet until it all comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can fully understand the father venting out of grief and saying anything he thinks should be out there. He is truly the victim parent here and was not involved in any way so I say just let him vent and say whatever he wants.

Well obvious I'm new. That post was meant as a reply to someone else's I was reading on page 16 but posted it here at the end with no reference to the post I was reading. Can someone tell me what I did wrong. 

It still will be on the end, but if you 'reply with quote' it references the post you are replying to. I hope twenty people haven't answered this already.

Well obvious I'm new. That post was meant as a reply to someone else's I was reading on page 16 but posted it here at the end with no reference to the post I was reading. Can someone tell me what I did wrong. ��

First, :welcome: to WS.

When you want to reply to a post, go to bottom right corner of the post you want to reply to and click on 'reply with quote'----the post will appear in the empty reply box and you can type your reply below it.

Well obvious I'm new. That post was meant as a reply to someone else's I was reading on page 16 but posted it here at the end with no reference to the post I was reading. Can someone tell me what I did wrong. ��

Hi and welcome. When replying to a particular post, choose the reply with quote button. The posts will always fall by time written

I can fully understand the father venting out of grief and saying anything he thinks should be out there. He is truly the victim parent here and was not involved in any way so I say just let him vent and say whatever he wants.

I agree. He was wanting to be listened to for a long time but couldn't afford a lawyer and court costs to fight for custody. I totally understand why he would speak out now when he has the chance, and is in so much grief and pain, mixed with anger and frustration.

Just listened to the NG interview and bio dad's fiancee saying "they are trying to blame the older brother" but it's not clear who they heard that from, it sounded like she said it came from someone in the court system.

NG is so dramatic, it's honestly hard to listen to her, ugh.

Ikr!! She does have good experts on there tho. I found myself today being like ugh ok let's get to the point PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste