Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This report was given to AW because DSS / CPS petitioned for the removal of the children through the the juvenile court system. It’s called a Nonsecure Custody Hearing. As a parent, he must be given a copy of the petition and any supporting documentation used to petition the court for removal.

Also, public agencies are prohibited from releasing DSS / CPS records to the public unless certain circumstances are met.

Mariah’s Daddy is not bound by the same rules as those public agencies. I’m pretty sure he could take out a full page ad in the local paper and post this report. He could start a website/blog/social media page and post this report.

173381c3b5f2747d254ec061905f972c.jpg
9409ac340e4e49c290a2bb91e2db1d4c.jpg

http://www.nccourts.org/Citizens/CPrograms/Improvement/Documents/CP-handbook-eng.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what the father's background and parenting skills, or lack of, might be. Apparently, the boys don't like him but this could be due to mom putting things in their heads. We just don't know yet. Usually one would think the children are best off with their parent(s) as they are the ones who should naturally feel responsible and protective of them and genuinely love them. But, I would want to know more about Dad before I would just simply place the boys with them. They have to be very confused right now and what is in their best interest at this time will be determined by the courts. I certainly hope they don't leave the boys with mom as something is very very wrong in her care, according to documents and her daughter's unnatural death.

Longtime lurker......
I wonder if KW and EK convinced the brother that he in fact hurt his sister and the police are awaiting the evidence and ME report to disprove that. Just a thought that popped in my head.

Do you have any idea of the date of her post for the dressers?

Oh and :welcome5:

Thank you. From what I remember, I think it was mentioned it was a week or two before. I will see if I can find that info again later and double check.

Could they have been part of the temporary custody hearing AW was seeking? Wasn't that supposed to be yesterday? Haven't seen anything on the outcome.
That's supposed to be today, if I recall correctly.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

There has got to be so much more that we don’t know. I do not understand why no murder charges?? And nothing from ME? I don’t get it. Also, I really hope the boys did not witness what actually happened to Mariah in the end. Did they witness her bring removed? Just so awful. JMO

We must be patient. Colton Turner's mother and her boyfriend were initially charged on just enough to keep them in jail without bail. iirc, LE executed all kinds of search warrants and gathered evidence but neither were ever charged with murder because the autopsy didn't provide enough evidence of murder.

Unbelievable! I'm not saying anything other than it's time for justice for those innocent kids - All responsible need to pay. There are no words for what we're learning was going on.

We must be patient. Colton Turner's mother and her boyfriend were initially charged on just enough to keep them in jail without bail. iirc, LE executed all kinds of search warrants and gathered evidence but neither were ever charged with murder because the autopsy didn't provide enough evidence of murder.

And based on the SA allegations, they may be doing extensive forensic testing on any computers or electronic devices. The only time limit an investigation really has before charging is the statute of limitations (if one exists for a particular crime in the state), but once charges are filed LE is faced with the defendants speedy trial requirements. Once there is no danger to the community (because a suspect is locked up), LE and the prosecutor will investigate every possibly avenue to make sure they don't miss something they could charge or find other people who should be charged. Frustrating, for sure.

Just getting in and caught up, bringing fwd the latest msm, sorry if repost:

Mariah Woods’ Mother Blaming Her Son For North Carolina Toddler’s Death: Report
http://www.ibtimes.com/mariah-woods...-north-carolina-toddlers-death-report-2623894

"After her mother’s boyfriend was arrested for the death of three-year-old Mariah Wood, her father came forward to allege that his ex-wife was*trying to shift the blame on Mariah’s 10-year-old brother.

Hunter has not been charged with any crimes in connection with Mariah’s death and has not been named a person of interest. Mariah’s brother also has not been charged in connection with her death. The official cause of death is yet to be determined by the coroner."

Well Mariah's father was told he could view his daughter's body today so I'm going to assume the autopsy has been completed and the body released back to the next of kin.
Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

"Mariah’s father Alex Wood and his fiancée Heather Craft revealed in a recent interview with Nancy Grace of "Crime Stories" that the police were no longer believing Hunter’s account of the events that led to the disappearance and death of the toddler.

They mentioned that Hunter reportedly tried to blame the little girl’s death on her son, who, according to reports, was in the house at the time the 3-year-old girl disappeared from her Jacksonville home.

“They’re [law enforcement] are trying to figure out exactly what happened,” Craft said in the interview."

http://www.ibtimes.com/mariah-woods...-north-carolina-toddlers-death-report-2623894

And based on the SA allegations, they may be doing extensive forensic testing on any computers or electronic devices. The only time limit an investigation really has before charging is the statute of limitations (if one exists for a particular crime in the state), but once charges are filed LE is faced with the defendants speedy trial requirements. Once there is no danger to the community (because a suspect is locked up), LE and the prosecutor will investigate every possibly avenue to make sure they don't miss something they could charge or find other people who should be charged. Frustrating, for sure.

All of these cases are frustrating and seem to drag out forever. One that that still haunts me is Shaylyn Ammerman. Nobody in her home was protecting her and nobody but the guy who led LE to her body was charged. And he got a plea deal because prosecutors feared they didn't have an iron-clad case.

Keeping up with the latest msm, sorry for repost, bringing forward the latest articles for reference.

Documents: Missing toddler sexually abused
http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/documents-missing-toddler-sexually-abused

"The document lists several acts of abuse, including accusing Adolphus Earl Kimrey of hitting the boys with a belt and one of them in the face, causing a nosebleed, and sexual abuse against 3-year-old Mariah.

One of the brothers said Kristy Woods, the children’s mother, knew of the sexual abuse and that she allegedly “failed to protect the juveniles from exposure to sexual abuse,” according to the document."

Absolutely. There is a news article that was removed from the news sites webpage that clearly states the reporter obtained a copy of the 12 page document from CPS from Mariah's biological father Alex Woods. Google cache shows the original article as posted. It was on www.wcti12.com website. The reporter who obtained the documents is WXII's Merrilee Moore. I'm not sure what the rules are on posting a link to the google cached page so I'm not posting it but you can do it on your own if you want to see the article. Not sure why they removed it. Possibly because that's really shady journalism? CPS investigation documents typically aren't meant for public consumption to protect the minors. Just a guess but who knows.

Alex Woods needs to be more cautious with his dealings with the media. I'm not sure if he's aware of that or not.

AW needs understanding and support in his time of need. Where is the compassion for this man? He is a victim of a most horrendous crime. I doubt he is aware of much more than grief and anger.....

Just getting in and caught up, bringing fwd the latest msm, sorry if repost:

"After her mother’s boyfriend was arrested for the death of three-year-old Mariah Wood, her father came forward to allege that his ex-wife was*trying to shift the blame on Mariah’s 10-year-old brother.

Hunter has not been charged with any crimes in connection with Mariah’s death and has not been named a person of interest. Mariah’s brother also has not been charged in connection with her death. The official cause of death is yet to be determined by the coroner."

Thanks! I do find some of his comments to be odd. Weren't all three children at home that night? And a three-year-old wouldn't necessarily awaken if the person taking them was someone they knew.

From your link:
"Somebody just walks right in there, grabs a 3-year-old out of the bed, she didn’t cry, she didn’t scream?" Wood said before Kimery’s arrest. "Nobody heard nothing? Four people in the house, two adults and two babies and somebody just comes, snatches the baby up and walks out?"

In general terms if someone was murdered by suffocation and their remains had been in the water a few days would it still be apparent to the Medical Examiner?

I’m so sorry for Mariah’s siblings I wish there was a way the public could donate to give them a Christmas gift, if any children deserve one they do after what they have endured.
There is a fund raising page (Mariah Kay Woods) set up by AW's partner's mother, asking for donations towards funeral costs and clothing for brothers. Also if people want to send cards or gift cards there is an address to send them to.

"Social services would not confirm on Friday whether they had ever investigated Kimrey or the home where Mariah was living.

A spokesman refused when asked by DailyMail.com if there had ever been reported concerns about the family and said the information was confidential."

Mom's boyfriend who 'hid the body of three-year-old Mariah Woods in a creek' has his bond kept at $1million as he appears in court for the first time
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5144899/Man-hid-body-Mariah-Woods-bond-kept-1M.html
*many photos at link

Since I'm not familiar with what happens when a child is reported missing, can anyone answer the following?

1. Are all the residents within the home required to submit to DNA testing to distinguish any found from that of an intruder?
2. Are the parents required to undergo any drug testing to determine if there was any negligence that could have led to the disappearance?
3. Are the other minor children immediately removed from the home pending further investigation?
4. Do toxicology reports typically delay the ME report, hence making it preliminary?

Wondering if it would be a quick match to determine DNA found on Mariah or if additional warrants would need to be obtained. Hoping for some answers today and further charges in getting some justice for this little angel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste