Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(This is very, very o/t, but wanted to share with you guys since we are of like minds as far as our passion for these victims and interest in these cases here goes.

Last night I was watching an old episode of Forensic Files and the case featured was about a 11 year old boy named Christopher Wood. He was murdered by his biological father for the $80,000 life insurance. They were able to nail the father because they found small spots of Christopher's vomit...the grains in his breakfast cereal were analyzed under a microscope and this was important to the case, hence the name of the episode "Cereal Killing".

My point is just an observation that we see very often cases involving the mom's boyfriend, sexual predators, etc but I thought it was a fairly unique case that the biodad murdered his own son strictly for money then put him in a trash can then dumped him on the side of the road, just as some nonparents/predators have done.

Eta, found an old link from 1999:

Did Boy Pay Deadly Price For Father's Debts? -- Money Mattered Most To Man Accused Of Killing Son For Insurance, Accusers Say
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19990309&slug=2948477 )

Sadly, sociopaths can reproduce.

yes yes yes, it is very real.

From post #915 from the previous thread. Excellent point. These kids need so much stability and support right now. And alienation of a parent is utterly destructive. If there was one thing I could change in the families I deal with in my practice, or if I could name the most common and worst, most destructive thing I see on a regular basis, that's it. Parental alienation.

I've been away for a day.
The YouTube video appears to have been taken down unless it's just my Tapatalk. Can someone let me know what was on it?
How was it discovered that Mariah was SA?
Time for some reading on my day off. Thanks peeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Her brothers said it and it was included in the CPS report.

I'm sure someone will let me know if that is wrong.

The YouTube video appears to have been taken down unless it's just my Tapatalk. Can someone let me know what was on it?

Essentially, dad received a written report from CPS according to HLN or some other media entity and it detailed the recent sexual abuse of Mariah and physical abuse of the boys, based it seems on interviews with the boys, and that mom knew this was occurring. It appears the date for this most recent abuse was 11-26.

The media (HLN affiliate?) stated dad gave them the report. They then recklessly published accounts within it in an article and on air report. I think no respectable news agency has and there was likely pressure for them to take it down. So they did.

Disgusting. The lack of journalistic integrity just so they can have a lurid scoop is appalling.

IMO the dad released this info because the last time around no one listened to him and now his baby is dead. So he wanted to put the pressure on and I think is desperate not to see a repeat performance of the kids' return to mom.

But, while this info ultimately may have been released (unless there were guilty pleas), this is highly confidential and sensitive info and IMO will hurt his chances to have the kids placed in his care. I don't think the court system will appreciate a confidential report being publicized by a parent.

I'm sure LE is not pleased either. They are quietly trying to build their case and don't need anyone knowing what the kids may have said.

Sad situation all around.

Agreed. A reasonable policy is understandable and smart, but I don't know why anyone would need a $100,000+ policy. Usually large life insurance policies are insurance for the primary breadwinner to ensure the family can continue on in the case of his or her death.

I think a policy for a child should be capped at $20,000 to cover burial costs, transportation for relatives to attend funeral, etc. No way should a policy for a child be $100,000. JMO

My husband and I have life insurance policies for all 3 of our children. Reason why: My husband's brother was killed when a drunk driver hit him. The family went through hardship to ensure a proper burial for the 11 year old boy.

As a mom, I do everything I can to keep my children safe and sound. If something horrible were to happen atleast I can grieve without worrying about the financial aspect of it.

There have been times we struggled financially and struggled, living pay check to pay check. No matter the financial hardships that I have endured, I would never ever harm my child to get their insurance money.

I can understand why you feel that way, but knowing a family who went through that - I'd rather have the policies as a precaution. Jmo.
We spent 10k on my son's funeral, and that is without a buying a plot/burial (we cremated), and we chose the lowest cost options we could.

I hope Dad has some help with funeral costs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My husband and I have life insurance policies for all 3 of our children. Reason why: My husband's brother was killed when a drunk driver hit him. The family went through hardship to ensure a proper burial for the 11 year old boy.

As a mom, I do everything I can to keep my children safe and sound. If something horrible were to happen atleast I can grieve without worrying about the financial aspect of it.

There have been times we struggled financially and struggled, living pay check to pay check. No matter the financial hardships that I have endured, I would never ever harm my child to get their insurance money.

I can understand why you feel that way, but knowing a family who went through that - I'd rather have the policies as a precaution. Jmo.
Not only that, but a lot of children's policies are cheaper than what they can get as adults, and many kids keep those policies for that reason into adulthood. In fact, some of them can be turned into cash later. It's a good idea all around.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

IMO the dad released this info because the last time around no one listened to him and now his baby is dead. So he wanted to put the pressure on and I think is desperate not to see a repeat performance of the kids' return to mom.
Agreed. This is my opinion as well.

Agreed. A reasonable policy is understandable and smart, but I don't know why anyone would need a $100,000+ policy. Usually large life insurance policies are insurance for the primary breadwinner to ensure the family can continue on in the case of his or her death.
My husband's family expected him to keep his large (and cheap) life insurance policy into adulthood, which he did. He can also cash it in for less money if he chooses. It was an investment for their son to keep for his eventual family.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Essentially, dad received a written report from CPS
according to HLN or some other media entity and it detailed the recent sexual abuse of Mariah and physical abuse of the boys, based it seems on interviews with the boys, and that mom knew this was occurring. It appears the daw for this most recent abuse was 11-26.

The media (HLN affiliate?) stated dad gave them the report. They then recklessly published accounts within it in an article and on air report. I think no respectable news agency has and there was likely pressure for hem
to take it down. So they did.

Disgusting. The lack of journalistic integrity just so they can have a lurid scoop is appalling.

But, while this info ultimately may have been released (unless there were guilty pleas), this is highly confidential and sensitive info and IMO will hurt his chances to have the kids placed in his care. I don't think the court system will appreciate a confidential report being publicized by a parent.

I'm sure LE is not pleased either. They are quietly trying to build their case and don't need anyone knowing what the kids may have said.

I'm surprised a copy of the report was given to the father because it is part of an ongoing criminal investigation.

I would hope he would be admonished but not hurt his chances. however NC is likely a mommy state. hence kids returned to her despite bad allegations. I know one time my husband had to call the police to have his custody time enforced and the judge was more concerned about that than the fact mom was refusing access which I thought was bullcrap. and this isn't even a mommy state.

Essentially, dad received a written report from CPS
according to HLN or some other media entity and it detailed the recent sexual abuse of Mariah and physical abuse of the boys, based it seems on interviews with the boys, and that mom knew this was occurring. It appears the daw for this most recent abuse was 11-26.

The media (HLN affiliate?) stated dad gave them the report. They then recklessly published accounts within it in an article and on air report. I think no respectable news agency has and there was likely pressure for hem
to take it down. So they did.

Bringing forward the cached article from the last thread:

Documents: Mariah Woods sexually assaulted by Earl Kimrey, siblings struck, injured
(Warning graphic)
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...earl-kimrey-siblings-struck-injured/667493438

I'm surprised a copy of the report was given to the father because it is part of an ongoing criminal investigation.
[FONT=&quot]Details of a life behind-the-scenes at the Woods-Kimrey household were revealed in a detailed court document in which Mariah Kay Woods’ biological father lays out his reasons for wanting custody of Mariah’s two brothers, his sons.[/FONT]

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/201...oods-was-sexually-abused-by-mothers-boyfriend

Do we know if the girlfriend or dad actually filed a report with CPS?

We don't know anything. But dad and girlfriend earlier described a CPS case
in which the kids were taken from mom and her prize of a boyfriend and placed in their care for several weeks (a couple months), due to abuse allegations. No mention of how made the initial report. The girlfriend stated the kids were being physically and sexually abused. Dad's expression to me seemed unsure on the sexual abuse part. I think these were allegations that ultimately weren't proven to the satisfaction of the courts.

At the time of that interview, during which the biodad and his girlfriend seemed destroyed, sobbing and immediately talking about Mariah in the past tense, stating they knew something like this could or would happen, they stated that no one listened to them and the mom came into court I think lying, with paperwork used to perhaps make it seem she had satisfied court conditions? I'm reading between the lines here.

So the kids were returned to mom.

The latest report appears to have resulted from interviews with the boys in the course of the investigation into Mariah's disappearance. I believe LE made the CPS report.

it is appalling that she was returned the kids no fuss like that. when the school reported mom in our case to CPS, she never regained sole custody again.

she has 0% custody of the kid she was accused of abusing and 50/50 of the other two (she is a "scapegoater")

We don't know anything. But dad and girlfriend earlier described a CPS case
in which the kids were taken from mom and her prize of a boyfriend and placed in their care for several weeks (a couple months), due to abuse allegations. No mention of how made the initial report. The girlfriend stated the kids were being physically and sexually abused. Dad's expression to me seemed unsure on the sexual abuse part. I think these were allegations that ultimately weren't proven to the satisfaction of the courts.

At the time of that interview, during which the biodad and his girlfriend seemed destroyed, sobbing and immediately talking about Mariah in the past tense, stating they knew something like this could or would happen, they stated that no one listened to them and the mom came into court I think lying, with paperwork used to perhaps make it seem she had satisfied court conditions? I'm reading between the lines here.

So the kids were returned to mom.

The latest report appears to have resulted from interviews with the boys in the course of the investigation into Mariah's disappearance. I believe LE made the CPS report.

I wonder if he put her in a storage tub and put that in the water. If so, maybe there's a chance more evidence was preserved.

Man accused of moving the body of 3-year-old Mariah Woods held on $1 million bail
By M.L. NESTEL
Dec 4, 2017

Earl Kimrey, the man charged with withholding information from North Carolina investigators who were searching for 3-year-old Mariah Woods, appeared before a North Carolina judge on Monday. Mariah was found dead over the weekend in a creek after an extensive search that included FBI officials.

Kimrey, the 32-year-old live-in boyfriend of Mariah's mother, Kristy Woods, answered all of the judge's questions and was held in the Onslow County Detention Center on $1 million bail. His next court appearance is Dec. 18.

Documents: Missing toddler sexually abused

The document lists several acts of abuse, including accusing Adolphus Earl Kimrey of hitting the boys with a belt and one of them in the face, causing a nosebleed, and sexual abuse against 3-year-old Mariah.

One of the brothers said Kristy Woods, the children’s mother, knew of the sexual abuse and that she allegedly “failed to protect the juveniles from exposure to sexual abuse,” according to the document.

YouTube Video

As per Tricia the mother is no longer considered a victim and we are allowing discussion of the YouTube video. "The tooth paste is out of the tube" so to speak.

That being said, NO name calling or descriptive posts wishing her the torture chamber or along those lines. Websleuths does not roll like that. PERIOD.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation on this.

Has Mom been charged with something?

The CPS report is part of a social services investigation which is separate. Parents have a due process (constitutional) right to know the allegations involved in a dependency court/CPS case involving their kids.

I have never heard of CPS reports being withheld from a parent. In my state the entire report is given to parents as part of the case. So starting with the first stage of the process- when CPS removes kids on a temporary basis and petition the court to make them wards of the state. The parents get the reports they generate explaining the basis for that and all subsequent reports.

What was the YouTube ? It says video not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members