Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get yourself too worked up over that. Children's caskets are very plain and white. It's because they are easily mass produced, unlike adult coffins that require hand assembly. Of course, you can get a childs casket that is very ornate but since this funeral was covered by the funeral home they were gonna go with cheap but tasteful. Please don't interpret this as a criticism, it's not. I'm merely offering an explanation so you don't go away with a bad feeling that somehow Mariah was being disrespected.
The funeral was also provided for free, which probably explains the no frills thing. For PR purposes at least, the funeral home probably should have not taken the cheapest route possible because the community desperately wants her treated more like a princess in death at least.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We homeschool and life skills are a part of our curriculum. Sorting laundry, making things like sandwiches, helping with dogs and chickens and matching dishes with mom or Dad by 5ish. Kids like to feel like they are a helpful part of a household/community. Usually by the time they were 9 or so they are mostly in charge of washing their laundry and can scramble eggs or make microwave omelettes and make box foods (cookies or Mac and cheese, etc.) while having adult help dealing with the hot oven or boiling part of it. I don’t generally brag on it though, as these are really normal skills that people need. I’d rather send a competent young adult out into the world than one with little to no life skills like I see in so many of my almost adult child’s friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do brag, for the most part, to family, because I never knew how to do any of that, at their age. It's like, this little child can do this, and I was an adult, and could not! How amazing is that?! I never even thought about learning to do those things. I never even took Home Ec, but, had it been more accepted, at that time, I'd have definitely taken auto mechanics, or Ag/FFA... When I left home, a friend taught me how to cook. I figured out laundry fairly well. Cooking though, to do it right, takes a bit of learning/skill. Again, how cool is it that a nine year old (my husband) could bake cakes, and fix lunches, for his Mom, and I was totally lost, at 18? Pretty cool.

True, but unless FB's latest security settings have changed a user has to set that as the choice of their profile and/or individual posts- I've always found a surprising number of people seem to have no security set on their posts.

I'm one of those people 😂
If you want to know anything and everything about me, just visit my FB.

Dont you think those things are only significant if you turn up with a dead baby? I mean nothing means anything without context. I think everything people post may be meaningful when they're living a dark life of segregation, lies and abuse/neglect of their children.

Point was if one of my children went missing and within hours people looked at my facebook they would make assumptions that are not true. As I have stated before I am more of a fact kind of person, we have allegations from the bio dad and a child - yes I 100% agree there was abuse, I am not ready to jump on the bandwagon that mom participated, knew everything that was going on, was "giving" her daughter to her boyfriend for pleasure purposes etc. and I don't believe pictures or post on a facebook provide evidence of those things. I need more actual facts to come to those conclusions. I respect others opinions and realize anytime someone post a different thought process on mom it is considered defending mom which isn't the case at all - just some of us are not ready to jump to the same conclusions.

Here's what I get from this picture and all the pictures of the birthday- this is a deprived child who had a rare birthday with cute toys. Mother made a big production out of it and took tons of staged photos because she wanted to show off how much she does for her child. It all looked to me from the beginning like when people who don't have anything get something and then post a ton of stuff to prove they live like that all the time. Does that make sense?

"Look what I do for my kids! Look at what a great mom I am!" In the meantime, the child seems uncertain and miserable in all the photos and I bet grandma or someone else bought that stuff. Not KW.

That's exactly how I felt when I saw the video with the pink car..
It didn't seem like they were making a video tape of the event,
but rather they were creating an event for the video tape.
It seemed contrived and ingenuine...
and quite frankly it was a really crappy outcome.
That whole video made me cringe.

also, I noticed that KHW refers to EK as being "Daddy".

(video is in the middle↓)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5134315/Mariah-Woods-dad-says-mom-LYING-kidnapping.html

btw -
from abt :57~1:06 wtf was he saying?
I can't tell if he's just joking, or actually speaking...
I think he's just goofing around.
But then again...(?)

...eta, and before anybody says anything: yes I know she's not calling him HER Daddy... merely that she (seemingly) refers to him in the family dynamic as being Daddy...

...while the real Daddy was refused visitation.

jmoo

ETA#2...
WSer soanyway thinks that it may actually be KHW's father...
the Grandpa...
but the voice sounds younger to me.
so :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

It's a cringeworthy video either way. imo. :facepalm:

Well after reading all these post think I will delete my facebook lol. The picture of kids decorating sugar cookies with a bottle of rum on the counter (eggnog for christmas party) I would be considered a drunk, the repost of various videos from animal abuse, to horrific accidents, suicide awareness, drug awareness, scripture that gives me peace about various family members that have passed, the various pictures that show kids frowning, bruise on side of face, skinned knees etc. I keep my page private because I don't want pictures of my kids out for the world to see - so those looking at it are family only but still opens my eyes up as to what people assume from looking at pictures.
LOL all the above and you can add my grandchildren helping me make rum balls for Christmas.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

(quick O/T)

great post and I love your "hot flashes from hell" description

Thank you Oregonmama! I hate being so behind...
I feel so lonely when I can't post if I'm not caught up!

(Oh and the HF from H.... ugh... but so glad it is finally winter again!)

The funeral was also provided for free, which probably explains the no frills thing. For PR purposes at least, the funeral home probably should have not taken the cheapest route possible because the community desperately wants her treated more like a princess in death at least.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I found out that churches and funeral homes do donate services and burial plots for children. I've lost a grandbaby and a 13 yr. Old grandson where this occurred.

That is my feeling as well. I know people want info and details, but if not releasing certain info helps in the case then great, I can certainly wait. I mean think about it this way, if you or a loved one were murdered and the perpetrator was not caught or was not convicted because people demanded to know all the details and releasing certain things hampered the investigation how would you feel?

I would love to have seen many more charges last week, but I understand why they are waiting. I believe in my heart that the judicial system will not fail Mariah again.

I do brag, for the most part, to family, because I never knew how to do any of that, at their age. It's like, this little child can do this, and I was an adult, and could not! How amazing is that?! I never even thought about learning to do those things. I never even took Home Ec, but, had it been more accepted, at that time, I'd have definitely taken auto mechanics, or Ag/FFA... When I left home, a friend taught me how to cook. I figured out laundry fairly well. Cooking though, to do it right, takes a bit of learning/skill. Again, how cool is it that a nine year old (my husband) could bake cakes, and fix lunches, for his Mom, and I was totally lost, at 18? Pretty cool.
Personally think it's great. I was reminded once that parents sometimes need to remember that they are raising adults not children.

briyon hunter had a potty accident. and a bunch more I cant remember the name of :*(

Great post!

MOO, I think EK had a drug flipping out session and got frustrated with Mariah when she got up in the middle of the night. Abuse victims, especially young sexual abuse victims will have bathroom issues such as bed wetting and I think she wet her bed and they got angry . JMO

This has troubled me from the start, beginning with all the speculation as to whether KW and Mariah were with EK's family on Thanksgiving or if they stayed behind. With both unemployed, where did they get the money for drugs? Were they grooming little Mariah to generate some income? Or did KW provide that income? All my own speculation, of course. But it's frightening to think of little Mariah home alone with them while the boys were at school all day.

Your comment chilled me to the bone, about them being home alone. And how often was Mariah left alone with EK?

I got the impression the man's voice in the video was KW's father and she was calling him "daddy." I could be wrong, but it's what made me think that the car was a gift from the grandparents.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5134315/Mariah-Woods-dad-says-mom-LYING-kidnapping.html

btw -
But then again...(?)

Point was if one of my children went missing and within hours people looked at my facebook they would make assumptions that are not true. As I have stated before I am more of a fact kind of person, we have allegations from the bio dad and a child - yes I 100% agree there was abuse, I am not ready to jump on the bandwagon that mom participated, knew everything that was going on, was "giving" her daughter to her boyfriend for pleasure purposes etc. and I don't believe pictures or post on a facebook provide evidence of those things. I need more actual facts to come to those conclusions. I respect others opinions and realize anytime someone post a different thought process on mom it is considered defending mom which isn't the case at all - just some of us are not ready to jump to the same conclusions.

I notice you 100% agree there was abuse, presumably sexual?

Is this based on what the child said?

I ask because if you agree that is true, why you wouldn't also accept what the child said about the mother knowing about it.

The problem is that no one else was there. The victim is dead. It will come down to what the mother says vs. what the child says. She will no doubt deny she knew, and I wondered how you would then draw conclusions.

I don't base my conclusions on her photos. I base them on knowing she lied on camera about Mariah being taken, about physical abuse to get her children back before, covered up the circumstances of Mariah's death, participated in the disposal of her little body to lie in murky cold water with no care for her ever being recovered, and knowing that her son was brave enough to speak against his own mother and tell his truth to strangers. It's not based on facebook, those things just help to build a picture, and those conclusions aren't facts, they are conjecture.

I'm gonna make a prediction :eye: :crystalball:

She'll be arrested tomorrow on child abuse/neglect. After the custody hearing. I don't think they will seriously entertain her contesting custody, but the court will make a determination that she contributed as has been alleged.
I have a very strong feeling she won’t show. JMO

I got the impression the man's voice in the video was KW's father and she was calling him "daddy." I could be wrong, but it's what made me think that the car was a gift from the grandparents.

OH! Well, maybe he IS her Daddy...
but the voice sounds rather young, to me...
I thought it was EK. :dunno:

btw -
But then again...(?)

...eta, and before anybody says anything: yes I know she's not calling him HER Daddy... merely that she (seemingly) refers to him in the family dynamic as being Daddy...

...while the real Daddy was refused visitation.

jmoo

Couldn't understand a word the mush mouth was saying!

I'm disgusted. Just been on Facebook, and one of the groups have posted a pic of Marian's casket, after the family asking no pics to be taken. They have been asked to remove the photo, and won't. Comments in there are disgusting. Yes it's just the casket, you can't see Mariah, but they have no respect. It was something I expected to happen, with public being allowed. But they were told no pictures/phones/cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans