Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is for the attorney folks. Being that NC is a Grand Jury State won't murder charges depend on GJ ruling? Help me out here. TIA.
I've not caught up yet so I don't know if you've been answered. Unless it varies from state to state my understanding (from the JBR case) is that the DA doesn't have to convene a GJ. It's an option rather than a necessity. It might very well be appropriate in this case, depending on the evidence. (I'm not an attorney btw)

right. Nov. 19th. was that about the g'mother or was Mariah already gone by then?
about the video - weird to post that, except to say thank gawd for people who know CPR.

OMG!

And then on Nov 19th she started posting that Gone is Gone thing?

Can anyone see anything about the photos in the archive? Do you see the thing I thought I saw with the re-posting of one of the pictures of Mariah for maybe five days in a row from approx Nov 20th? Can this be confirmed or denied by the record?

I know I cautioned about reading too much into a meme, but this is getting freaky with coincidences.

Yea, that actually was me who mentioned the taste. Thanks for correcting that. I always assumed heroin had a horrendous taste like all drugs (well, except the flavored once, which still taste nasty to me, horrible memories of the horrendous "bubble gum" antibiotic I used to get when I was a kid. Do they still make that travesty? haha).

Nah. Heroin wouldn't taste chemically bad the way like AP powder or a crushed up pill would. It wouldn't taste GOOD either. But not like yucky medicine taste. It's a fine powder that also dissolves almost instantly when wet so a child wouldn't really be able to spit it all out.

I had thought for a short while that the child got into some drugs and they tried to cover up the obvious neglect but there are things about the investigation which I believe point directly away from that theory. (My phone is low on battery and its a DOOZY of a post, but I have some thoughts on that. I'll make a post about it later, probably after my littles have eaten dinner. I'd love some feedback or different perspectives on it.)

And I have no idea. Most of the flavored antibiotics are things I'm deathly allergic to! 😨. But I remember dihistine. I vividly remember being in tears and hiding from it because it was so gross. (My mom hardly ever medicated is, so I know it was needed when I got it. I now know its basically just OTC cough syrup with codeine in it which is probably what makes it so gross.)

Wow.

the last visible post on her page from Nov 15th is SUPER DISTURBING and is immediately followed by several telling posts

Here is the video she reposted on Nov 15

WARNING!!
Even though the video has a happy ending ... in the context of this case, the video is terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXdnobBaxZE

I couldn't get the Safari pages to open. I've watched the YT video. What was in the telling posts you mention?

Ugh. I remember watching that video the day the Amber Alert went out and my first thought was if KW was seeking some attention. Now I know. MOO

Wow.

the last visible post on her page from Nov 15th is SUPER DISTURBING and is immediately followed by several telling posts

Here is the video she reposted on Nov 15

WARNING!!
Even though the video has a happy ending ... in the context of this case, the video is terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXdnobBaxZE

[h=1]Horrifying New Details About The Sexual Abuse 3-Year-Old Mariah Woods Allegedly Suffered By Her Mom's Boyfriend Prior To Her Murder[/h]
[FONT=&quot]The father who's 3-year-old daughter was found dead Saturday shared documents from Child Protection Services that allege she suffered some disturbing abuse.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shared with Crime Stories, the documents describe the sexual abuse Mariah Woods went through and the physical abuse her 10-year-old brother suffered at the hands of their mother’s boyfriend, Earl Kimrey.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mariah’s brother claims he saw Kimrey “put his penis in the mouth of his sister Mariah.”

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The documents also stated that the brother said Mariah’s mother, Kristy Hunter, knew about the sexual abuse the toddler was being subjected to.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]She was also aware that Kimrey abused substances including marijuana, heroin, and methamphetamine.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The day the young girl went missing, Kimrey allegedly struck Mariah’s brother in the face which caused his nose to bleed. Again, he claims the mother knew of this and did nothing to stop it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This has all come to light after Mariah’s body was found in a creek on Saturday. Kimrey was arrested right before they found the girl’s remains.
<snip>

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mariah’s biological father, Alex Woods, didn't believe Hunter’s story and thought his ex-wife and her boyfriend “had something to do with it.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Someone just walked right up in there, grabbed the 3-year-old out of the bed and she didn't cry, she didn't scream?” the girl’s dad asked while talking to WCTI News Channel 12. “Nobody heard anything? Four people in the house, two adults and two kids someone just comes up and snatches the baby and walks out?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sadly, he was right.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/horrifying-details-sexual-abuse-3-055911683.html[/FONT]

Looking at her Facebook posts the one that struck me was that she liked to play a game called "Crime Scene". :(

Considering what we do here on WS, I wouldn’t go by that post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with what some have said about the SA, there is no way it was the only time. Getting caught usually implies comfort.

Theory...EK and KH went 'out of town'. Did this happen often?
Is it possible MW was with them? The boys left home alone or with Granny next door?
There was drug use which means drug purchases.
Drugs cost money, I'm not aware of anyone in the home working.
Is it possible poor little MW was being traded? Transported in and out of a hotel in a suitcase?
I don't find that far fetched given the sickening circumstances of the situation.
I have been poor in my life, but rather than ask someone to borrow a suitcase, I would use a trash bag or a box for clothing to go on a trip. Unless of course I didn't want my appearance to seem out of the ordinary to whomever might be looking at me or judging me.

Another theory....is it possible MW was being used as a drug mule? Anything that she may have been forced to ingest could have leaked and caused the sweet baby to die.

It's sickening that either of those theories is a viable possibility.
Something that strikes me as both odd and conflicting.
I've read somewhere that EK and KH arrived home at midnight, I've watched videos somewhere in which KH states she saw MW at 11 and EK saw her at 12. One of the stories in not accurate.

Another thing is depending on what direction they drove home from their 'out of town' trip, they very well could have placed sweet MW in the creek along the route back to the trailer where 3 innocent sweet children lived in a nightmare.

Regarding AW...someone in that town give dad a darn good paying job with benefits and train him if he doesn't have the skills. Attorneys in the area, someone take dad's case as pro bono. Non profits and religious entities, don't some of you guys have excellent day care services and counseling that could be rendered at a reduced rate or no charge just to make a difference in your community? And wth America, we have built Habitat for Humanity homes for people less afflicted by poverty, can we not get something together for this family?! I get so upset with people saying things like 'I wish I could help' and non profits and others will travel around the world to make a difference but have a challenge doing the same good work in their own back yard. I know that isn't everyone, it's just frustrating. The people who can make the most difference in the lives of those boys live in the community and I hope like heck that an outreach is already being made to lift this family up and give them the necessary tools, education, finances and whatever kind of support is necessary including legal.

This has troubled me from the start, beginning with all the speculation as to whether KW and Mariah were with EK's family on Thanksgiving or if they stayed behind. With both unemployed, where did they get the money for drugs? Were they grooming little Mariah to generate some income? Or did KW provide that income? All my own speculation, of course. But it's frightening to think of little Mariah home alone with them while the boys were at school all day.

With this case, and the horrific case of beautiful Victoria Martens, I am really troubled by the role of drugs and sexual abuse, and parents offering up their children to be used. I think this needs to be added to what people in social services look for. Any broken family (i.e. the two adults in the house are not the biological parents) in trouble with CPS or LE for drug use, the children should be interviewed and examined for evidence of sexual assault/abuse. And any signs of SA need to be immediate grounds for removal. Because when drugs are involved, there isn't any bit of parental reunification services that are going to be helpful. The drugs and drug seeking behavior will always come first.
IMO.

I&#8217;ve heard that there&#8217;s nothing CPS can do unless it can be proven that drug use or being under the influence of drugs happened at the time kids are in their care. So, if kids are being cared for by a babysitter, grandparent, etc., during the alleged drug use nothing can be done. That means if a parent is accused of being on drugs and fails a drug test on a Monday, but had a babysitter or the kids were under the care of someone else within the last few days there&#8217;s nothing CPS can do. Is that correct?

The question would be is did the parents know about the habits of the person they left in charge of their kids. Neglect could come into play if things are questionable. That is what I would look for. If a parent fails a drug test they could still get in trouble with social services because they were not in the capacity of making sane decisions. Most plans have in writing that drug use is not allowed at anytime . JMO

right. Nov. 19th. was that about the g'mother or was Mariah already gone by then?
about the video - weird to post that, except to say thank gawd for people who know CPR.

Was it said on her page that the Gone is Gone was about her grandmother?

I find it a very strange video in and of itself, but I guess so is half the stuff on YouTube and FB.

I was posting in shock when I said it seemed like a lot of coincidences building up, but I'm now back to thinking that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

This has troubled me from the start, beginning with all the speculation as to whether KW and Mariah were with EK's family on Thanksgiving or if they stayed behind. With both unemployed, where did they get the money for drugs? Were they grooming little Mariah to generate some income? Or did KW provide that income? All my own speculation, of course. But it's frightening to think of little Mariah home alone with them while the boys were at school all day.

It is possible that the SA was being recorded and sold.
I would not doubt it coming from a Meth/heroine addict.
It's no telling what that sweet baby and her brothers have gone through.

I don't think Mariah socialized much with kids her age. Does anyone know if she went to preschool? Some preschools have 3 yr old classes. JMO

I couldn't get the Safari pages to open. I've watched the YT video. What was in the telling posts you mention?

Nov 15 @5:34pm she shared the CPR video. (the video was very popular on fb-I recall multiple people sharing it recently)

Nov 15 @9:18pm a "Tag a Cat lover video"

Nov 16 @9:07am one of those "I Doubt Nobody can get 100% Right" how well do you know someone memes

Nov 16 @3:10pm a meme from Relationship Rules stating; "2016 & 2017 has been the most confusing, challenging, emotional, depressing, hardest, eye opening and unforgettable years of my life"

Nov 17 @5:42pm a meme from Relief stating; "The sad moment when you realize how alone you actually are. No one ever messages you on Facebook first or texts you first or anything. So it gets to the point where you don't want to put in effort with people who don't put in any effort for you, so you end up spending your life at home, never going anywhere."

Nov 17 @5:46pm; She shared that she had completed a new Crime Scene on the game Criminal Case

Nov 18 @9:33pm; a Meme about what ADHD is and isn't from The Truth about ADHD

Nov 19 @2:55pm. the "What's gone is gone" meme that has been shown in the theads already from Life Learned Feelings

Then she shares random stuff, della Reese's death, 2000's love songs, people paying others' bills, govt hiding cancer cure until

Nov 23 @4:43pm she made a post with a Facebook background wishing her family & friends in KY a HT saying she "loves and misses ya'll".

Nov 23 @4:44pm; the Miss you Mamo post sharing a meme posted the year before with the angel wings quote from My Guardian Angel

Nov 26 @9:09pm, some video- appears to be a funny prank or accident, etc from HyTide

After that are 3 posts about Mariah missing until account deactivated.

I think they lived off a combination of welfare, social security disability, child support, low level selling drugs, etc., I don’t think sex or drug trafficking fit with this case. JMO

I agree with what some have said about the SA, there is no way it was the only time. Getting caught usually implies comfort.

Theory...EK and KH went 'out of town'. Did this happen often?
Is it possible MW was with them? The boys left home alone or with Granny next door?
There was drug use which means drug purchases.
Drugs cost money, I'm not aware of anyone in the home working.
Is it possible poor little MW was being traded? Transported in and out of a hotel in a suitcase?
I don't find that far fetched given the sickening circumstances of the situation.
I have been poor in my life, but rather than ask someone to borrow a suitcase, I would use a trash bag or a box for clothing to go on a trip. Unless of course I didn't want my appearance to seem out of the ordinary to whomever might be looking at me or judging me.

Another theory....is it possible MW was being used as a drug mule? Anything that she may have been forced to ingest could have leaked and caused the sweet baby to die.

It's sickening that either of those theories is a viable possibility.
Something that strikes me as both odd and conflicting.
I've read somewhere that EK and KH arrived home at midnight, I've watched videos somewhere in which KH states she saw MW at 11 and EK saw her at 12. One of the stories in not accurate.

Another thing is depending on what direction they drove home from their 'out of town' trip, they very well could have placed sweet MW in the creek along the route back to the trailer where 3 innocent sweet children lived in a nightmare.

Regarding AW...someone in that town give dad a darn good paying job with benefits and train him if he doesn't have the skills. Attorneys in the area, someone take dad's case as pro bono. Non profits and religious entities, don't some of you guys have excellent day care services and counseling that could be rendered at a reduced rate or no charge just to make a difference in your community? And wth America, we have built Habitat for Humanity homes for people less afflicted by poverty, can we not get something together for this family?! I get so upset with people saying things like 'I wish I could help' and non profits and others will travel around the world to make a difference but have a challenge doing the same good work in their own back yard. I know that isn't everyone, it's just frustrating. The people who can make the most difference in the lives of those boys live in the community and I hope like heck that an outreach is already being made to lift this family up and give them the necessary tools, education, finances and whatever kind of support is necessary including legal.

Great post!

MOO, I think EK had a drug flipping out session and got frustrated with Mariah when she got up in the middle of the night. Abuse victims, especially young sexual abuse victims will have bathroom issues such as bed wetting and I think she wet her bed and they got angry . JMO

Nov 15 @5:34pm she shared the CPR video. (the video was very popular on fb-I recall multiple people sharing it recently)

Nov 15 @9:18pm a "Tag a Cat lover video"

Nov 16 @9:07am one of those "I Doubt Nobody can get 100% Right" how well do you know someone memes

Nov 16 @3:10pm a meme from Relationship Rules stating; "2016 & 2017 has been the most confusing, challenging, emotional, depressing, hardest, eye opening and unforgettable years of my life"

Nov 17 @5:42pm a meme from Relief stating; "The sad moment when you realize how alone you actually are. No one ever messages you on Facebook first or texts you first or anything. So it gets to the point where you don't want to put in effort with people who don't put in any effort for you, so you end up spending your life at home, never going anywhere."

Nov 17 @5:46pm; She shared that she had completed a new Crime Scene on the game Criminal Case

Nov 18 @9:33pm; a Meme about what ADHD is and isn't from The Truth about ADHD

Nov 19 @2:55pm. the "What's gone is gone" meme that has been shown in the theads already from Life Learned Feelings

Then she shares random stuff, della Reese's death, 2000's love songs, people paying others' bills, govt hiding cancer cure until

Nov 23 @4:43pm she made a post with a Facebook background wishing her family & friends in KY a HT saying she "loves and misses ya'll".

Nov 23 @4:44pm; the Miss you Mamo post sharing a meme posted the year before with the angel wings quote from My Guardian Angel

Nov 26 @9:09pm, some video- appears to be a funny prank or accident, etc from HyTide

After that are 3 posts about Mariah missing until account deactivated.

This post makes me question if KW and MW were in Kentucky for Thanksgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member