Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure that everyone thought that from the beginning and even without having any inside info dumped in their laps. No one could say it in the beginning, though, because of TOS and the mother and the boyfriend were still considered victims. He, until he was arrested and she, until the CPS forms were published.

I get that. I'm trying to explain why I'm using events or things related to the case or investigation to corroborate my feelings because of what else I had to say. Literally, that giant post was only half of what I WANTED to say. I never did get around to typing all of that out. 😜😂

(Also, my posting or not posting about this has little to do with the TOS since my account is hours old 🤔 and I have no insider info. Anything I know about the case is stuff anyone else could find with the correct prodding.)

I understand. I lost one of my brothers (I'm one of 6 boys) to a drunk driver when I was only 8yo and lost my father the following year just after I turned 9yo. It's interesting to me that so many people can recall events from so early in their lives ( a person just mentioned recalling memories from 18months old) and I barely remember either of those events. I certainly remember the emotions, esp when my brother died but most of the events associated with either death are very hazy in my memory.

I have a vivid, early, childhood memory of my grandmother that I remember (a nice one) however, when she passed away I was in my late teens, and I cannot tell you a thing about her funeral, who the pastor was, I don't remember the family coming down, nothing. I totally blocked it out.

I don't know anything about him, other than the documents he submitted, and interviews he gave, surrounding this case. I do feel if they'd left the kids with him, we all likely wouldn't be in this forum tonight.

I agree. I just think the whole family needs a lot of hard work and dedication and even keeled consistency. And help for a lot of things both recent and old. I'm not saying he's bad or unfit. I really really want it to be quite the opposite. I just had reservations, is all.

It is absolutely for certain, though, that he knew something was wrong with his children and he tried to do something about it, so head and shoulders the better parent there. AND the powers that be dropped the ball and need to be held accountable.

Triads are about Asian organised crime. I am not sure that they have anything to do with this case.

I have to make something very clear before it grows legs and is out of control.

The Triad that is mentioned in relation to KW has nothing to do with organized crime with any group.

The Triad is in reference to a group of cities that are next to each other. Greensboro, Winston Salem, High Point are the largest cities. Sitting on the edge of these cities are many smaller, but vibrant cities such as Kernersville, Jamestown, and Burlington. This all makes up the Triad. Burlington is in Alamance county where it is mentioned KW had ties.

The Triangle is Raleigh, Durham, Cary, and all the connecting smaller cities surrounding them.

It's not unusual among my friends. Most of us do this. I also often see the little gear switch looking thing on posts, which indicates only certain friends can see it. It's a good way to keep professional and personal contacts separate. Half of my friends are set to restricted so that they only see public posts, so I throw some out there on occasion so they don't get suspicious.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I do much the same thing.

RSBM

I am thinking the same on the parts I have quoted. And given the public outrage I think that might be hard for a lot of people to comprehend if this is the case.

Omg yes. Considering how furious everyone is at the mom. I just don't see how they can not charge her with neglect at the very least. Omg. Justice needs to be served but ok so afraid. So so afraid of exactly what Amonet said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Triad that is mentioned in relation to KW has nothing to do with organized crime with any group.

The Triad is in reference to a group of cities that are next to each other. Greensboro, Winston Salem, High Point are the largest cities. Sitting on the edge of these cities are many smaller, but vibrant cities such as Kernersville, Jamestown, and Burlington. This all makes up the Triad. Burlington is in Alamance county where it is mentioned KW had ties.

The Triangle is Raleigh, Durham, Cary, and all the connecting smaller cities surrounding them.

Thank you for clearing that up for me (and others ). I’ve searched several times to find out what he had been up to with the Triads. I’m from the UK so you’ll have to excuse my ignorance haha.

So I’m another who is trailing behind, 10 pages to be exact. I’m one who likes to read everything but sadly have had to drop that stance and just read every other page until I catch up.

i think KW will be arrested in time, Mr Sheriff wants everything in place, closing loop holes before he takes her in. These things do take time but it will happen.

Back I go to page 26, reckon I’m now 12 pages behind :rollercoaster:

Good luck -- this info (geographic area) was shared several hours ago, but with the thread moving quickly many people missed it. moo

I know it's remarkable. I would believe they were manufactured memories, except that my mother never spoke of that day again. A few years ago I sat down and told her what I remembered and she was floored. But it also explained so much.

Not comparable to your heart wrenching memory, but I have a vivid memory from age exactly 2 1/2 of being at my mother's friends house, having been taken there because my mother was in labour with my little brother, being put on a high stool at her kitchen counter, seeing an enormous plate of sausages, beans and mash put in front of me and really worrying about having to eat the whole lot without telling her it was more than double what I could eat. Next thing I remember is sitting on the floor waiting while she was on the phone telling somebody I had been sick, :D and then sitting in the back of her car being taken back home, and seeing my little red faced baby brother wrapped up in his crib and thinking he didn't look like much fun! I have earlier fleeting memories too, but this was the longest.

There are pictures floating around out there from when she was with her first husband. Maybe I saw it in a daily mail article. There was one of her and her son just before church, and she looked more the part of being a mother. But I also assumed it was at someone else's house, and she may have been trying to play the part a bit better. The house was very nice looking from the foyer.

I haven't seen those pictures but I know what you are talking about.
I'm working on a case right now that has a similar mother in it.

With her first child this mother really seemed to enjoy it and be a decent mother.
#1's father was also the only decent guy she was ever with, which may have helped.
By the time #2 came along there was violence, #3 brought drug runs...

It was all downhill from there. You can see it in her photos of herself too.
She gets "uglier" with time... and it's not so much external as internal.
Hard to explain but you can just see the decline. I'm guessing that Kristy was similar. :twocents:

Not comparable to your heart wrenching memory, but I have a vivid memory from age exactly 2 1/2 of being at my mother's friends house, having been taken there because my mother was in labour with my little brother, being put on a high stool at her kitchen counter, seeing an enormous plate of sausages, beans and mash put in front of me and really worrying about having to eat the whole lot without telling her it was more than double what I could eat. Next thing I remember is sitting on the floor waiting while she was on the phone telling somebody I had been sick, :D and then sitting in the back of her car being taken back home, and seeing my little red faced baby brother wrapped up in his crib and thinking he didn't look like much fun! I have earlier fleeting memories too, but this was the longest.
O/T

Well that is amazing. I have JUST now had a Christmas card land on my doormat from said mother's friend, whom I call auntie. She is 85 now! What are the chances?

I never knew that! I only took a few psychology classes, and I found Freud to have a rather sick mind if you look at his theories as a window into his own mind. And if you bear in mind that there have been sex abuse allegations against one of his descendants that I have not looked into deeply but am aware of from some headlines...

I think the person who asked the question about the oedipal complex was maybe thinking more of the stage that a lot of girls go through of being known as "daddy's girl", which I would have thought to be more about mommy doing the day-to-day caring and then daddy coming home from work and being a bit more focused on play time, and it might just be as simple as when mommy says excitedly to the kids, "oooh daddy's home! Yay!" and the child is the same way after a long day of playing and 'harassing' mommy all day and maybe she's getting a bit tired by now, and the kids switch to 'harassing' daddy for a few hours while mommy cooks dinner, and it's like a highlight of the day when daddy walks through the door?

ETA as I'm scrolling, yes Oedipal complex is the mother and the son, and Electra complex is the father and the daughter.
I was coming at it more from the angle of how a daughter (might?) compete with her mother in regards to the father's attentions, and how this might have impacted on KW if it would also translate to a boyfriend of mother who is not bio father. But my knowledge of it is just that, hardly anything really, and I thought it might be an interesting angle to explore at Mariah's stage of development.

OT but the 1980's are a blur for me...it was Los angeles, I was in my twenties...

Anyway, I agree with those who think that it is not clear to LE who caused Mariah's death. And not sure they will be able to prove that it was a specific person, rather than a whole lot of horrible events.

I was coming at it more from the angle of how a daughter (might?) compete with her mother in regards to the father's attentions, and how this might have impacted on KW if it would also translate to a boyfriend of mother who is not bio father. But my knowledge of it is just that, hardly anything really, and I thought it might be an interesting angle to explore at Mariah's stage of development.
Just to add; I mean, in a family with two bio parents together with their children, mother might not feel as insecure about her own relationship as she might in a situation with a boyfriend who has no blood ties to the children.

If she was jealous of little Mariah.

I'm wondering how many people are going to end up facing charges. How did the father/grandfather know where the body was? He was telling his friend, on the phone, where the baby's body was??? And the friend was with Mariah's dad, and the phone was on speaker?

That's interesting you can remember something so vividly at 3.5 years old. It's generally accepted that memories from that age are unretrievable by the time a person reaches puberty. In fact, we lose about 60% of our early childhood memories by the age of 9yo.
I remember uncles throwing me up in the air and catching me, and my screaming "stop" and no one understood what I was saying. (Had to be very young for that) I remember having a toilet training accident in the middle of the night when I couldn't make it. I remember a funeral I attended when I was a little over 2. I remember a number of times when no one understood what I was saying and mom had to translate (so probably around 2ish?) I remember the pink tights i got for my 4th birthday. I remember when I was 4 years old and my mother slapped me so hard I got a bloody nose. And I could go on. Have a lot more.

My sons don't remember much before 5.

And I now have trouble remembering what I did an hour ago.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm wondering how many people are going to end up facing charges. How did the father/grandfather know where the body was? He was telling his friend, on the phone, where the baby's body was??? And the friend was with Mariah's dad, and the phone was on speaker?
My guess is the oldest child overheard EK saying where he put her after the fact, or where he would take her before the fact.

Because part of what was relayed by AW and HC was 'they' (someone) did not know if she was dead. I don't see KW or EK saying that. That would be agreement to commit murder by drowning or even if she wasn't to be put in the water, being left to die from injuries without medical attention.

How did KH's father know where to look for this poor precious angel? He was heard saying "they are never gonna find her here but need to look in the creek where they found her....someone knew long before they found her.Law enforcement said" I know what happenedl" not I think I know but I know..wonder how he is so positive?

It's not ringing true for me that this was a cover up to protect a minor (as has been theorised). Said minor then appears to have volunteered information of where his sister is and makes allegations that could see his mother jailed. That would have to be some wily child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper