Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You disclose the conflict of interest and let the court or the parent decide whether they want you to proceed.
I don't consider it a conflict of interest because I recognise them from just being in the town. If I had made a judgement on that family, for some reason, I would admit that and would consider that I would have a conflict of interest, but otherwise, I wouldn't.

I don't consider it a conflict of interest because I recognise them from just being in the town. If I had made a judgement on that family, for some reason, I would admit that and would consider that I would have a conflict of interest, but otherwise, I wouldn't.

It isn't up to you to decide if it is a conflict of interest. You must disclose the conflict and the court will decide. If it is true that KW had a personal relationship with the CPS worker, that should have been disclosed to AW and to the court. This is pretty basic.

You missed the entire point of my post. And further, how do you know who killed Mariah? You don't, you're assuming and you're ready to hang a man that as far as you know did absolutely nothing. In case you missed it, THAT was the point of my post. An emotional knee-jerk reaction based on feelings instead of facts. You're ready to throw the first bad guy to the wolves with absolutely no facts to go on.

BBM. I am pretty sure that he is not sitting in jail because he did nothing. According to the charges he threw a three year old into a creek. Yes, we know that he is innocent until proven guilty.

I never thought about it before but I wonder how many schools hold discussions about this? Truthfully I have a feeling it is probably non-existent. I'm not even sure if schools still have discussions about "good touch, bad touch" with the students. With how reactionary some parents are these days with any sort of sexual talk I'd be willing to guess schools have stopped it.

I have no idea either how schools address this issue, but i think they would have to report it if they think a child is being abused. Just like a medical doctor would have to report it as well. As adults it is our job to protect kids from abuse. I don't think it would be a taboo issue if we made it normal to talk about and address that issue in schools if age appropriate and if a child can comprehend what's happening to them. Most child abuse happens in the child's home statistically, and is rampant in society.
How long will we let children suffer before this huge problem is addressed to give children the know how on what to do if is happening to them? Or should they just continue to suffer?

And I'm still baffled by your post because the brothers of Mariah are ages 5 and 10 and there is no evidence whatsoever that they conveyed their abuse to their teachers. I think children of abuse live with terrible fear of their accusers and nothing will change that fact.

Were the boys actually abused in that way? If they were i am not aware and only recall reading about Mariah being abused in that way? I know one of the boys was physically assaulted with a bloody nose.
The point of my discussion about the school was regardless of Mariah's brothers any child experiencing that type of abuse, that being SA needs a safe place to be able to trust someone to talk about what is going on with them, and maybe a school counsellor would be a good place, because it is not a person directly in the child's family.

Based on the documents the bio dad released it doesn't appear the children were removed on the belt incident so either CPS determined the child did fall or they couldn't prove the injuries were a result of EK using a belt on the child. The two youngest children were removed over the SA situation - and requirements of meds and other conditions had to be met before they could return - apparently those conditions were met to CPS satisfaction. Do I think the kids were in a good situation no but I blame ALL the adults in the childrens lives for that.
Just catching up, I read that word in the documents as needs, not meds.

I agree. He should never have released them. However, although I've felt my child was in danger with their other parent, I've never lost a child, (I've come very close on more than one occasion), so I cannot feel what he is feeling. He has to be feeling rage, combined with mourning (I think that I would be.). I'm mad as Hell about this and can't hardly stand to look at that pair's pictures. I honestly think Dad's done well, holding it together, and feel he released the documents b/c he felt he finally had an outlet, to be heard. Somebody was listening to him. I think Nancy Grace should be ashamed, and the newspaper should not have printed those. They both have a responsibility in this too. I don't mean this in a bad light, but, their father is, in my opinion, not an educated man. That does not mean that I think he is unintelligent, however, he may not have known the full ramifications of doing what he did, but do I think that Nancy Grace would? Yes, I do. Same, ultimately, for the paper. Ethics. Did anyone ever explain the full impact that this could have? To, Dad? Playing Devil's Advocate. I doubt it, and I doubt he knew. He may have thought, This will show the world that I have proof. Someone will be held accountable.
I agree wholeheartedly with this.

I had no idea how different states can be with regard to records and such. I had a PI job one time that required me to find out where certain properties were located for a client. I found out that if I requested these documents the owner would be notified that I was snooping around looking for his homes and businesses. I was astonished. Do not know if NC is still like that but it was the 1st time I ever ran across a state that was so protective of it's citizens records. I said to my boss, if we get another case like this either say no or charge them twice as much LOL. Texas and Flordia are the complete opposite. In fact I have never seen a state do this.

One of my concerns are how many local parents have read the documents and now will no longer let the oldest son play with their children based on information regarding him that is in those documents.

The part about the social workers incident is worded strangely, I don't think it was the social workers child involved - I think he is saying he had to notify social worker of incident after the friend contacted him because Kristy had not taken care of it so that person called law enforcement.

If it is true about the eldest son.. and I really see no reason for AW to lie.. it IS in the best interest of other parents to know this information.

They should be able to make an informed decision regarding play dates and supervise accordingly.

Seems to me there has been enough hush hush and dishonesty and parental stupidity/selfishness .. time for the truth and healing, while maintaining safety and responsibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I concur. I think you and Tortoise have the gist of it. I'd still not discount mom, though. Was it substantiated that the boys heard mom tell EK to dispose of the body?
I'd say it's substantiated. Just to put it all together -

AW or HC said on NG podcast that they heard grandpa on loudspeaker recounting what he had been told. Grandpa had been told by whomever that 'they' didn't know which out of the two adults hit Mariah, if Mariah was dead and that KW said to EK 'get rid of her'.

It's somebody who was in the home to know this, who did not see it but heard it.

If it was KW or EK who said this to KW's father (or step-father), that would be an admission of conspiring to commit murder, given they didn't know if she was dead. If it was KW or EK who said this, grandpa would know which one of them hit Mariah.

It must have been one of the boys who said it and they were at that time living in the home of their grandma.

The only uncertainty for some posters is whether the minor made it up.

For the minor to not see but hear my guess is they heard KW and EK in an argument over getting rid of her, and it's likely an assumption that Mariah was hit. The autopsy could clear this detail up if say Mariah was strangled. The only way the minor would know Mariah was hit from another room would be if one of the adults said 'you hit her!' and the minor would have been able to say who did it, not leave it at either/or.

I am of the opinion that the adults discussed what they would tell LE before they called 911, purposely to create a version that the boys would hear and run with. KW telling EK to get rid of her would become KW telling EK to deal with Mariah crying. The boys then still trying to piece all this together but not willing to let go of what they heard now think Mariah was crying and they have an explanation for Mariah being hurt severely enough for the adults to get rid of her.

I contend that if the minor is fabricating all this, it's a pretty sophisticated lie that could see both mom and EK jailed for the murder of his sister, in a situation where the minor reportedly does not seem to be aware of his own love for his father, leaving him effectively with neither parent. Why would the minor not go along with the abduction story the adults put together? Why would the minor also implicate his mom and not solely EK if he is lying?

If the abduction was an alibi created to cover for the minor, even if he thinks LE is not buying the abduction story, he has adults who are covering his back, so why would he turn the tables on them? Would he think ahead that one of them might not stick with the cover story and get his defence in early? I don't think a minor of this young age, despite knowing that children are more than capable of lying, would be so prepared at that early stage of the investigation to not only have an alternative story close to the truth but not the actual truth ready, but also to implicate his mom as well as EK. If it was just EK, then possibly.

I believe what he said.

The problem he has now is that the sons hate him and the girlfriend. So I think he'll get supervised visitation with them for the time being. Reunification needs to be slowly. Those little guys are going through a lot of emotional trauma right now.

AW and Craft were thinking along the lines of a slow and safe reunification with the children when they spoke on that subject.....

“They hope to ease Mariah’s brothers into their family slowly so as not to traumatize them further, and said their mental state and safety are their top priority.
“(Alex Woods) cries himself to sleep every night for his sons and his baby girl,” Craft said.”
http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

What is so difficult about reading posts on this thread?
I'm pretty sure the poster is talking about the emotional difficulty of reading about this subject matter.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I agree. If KW did have a personal friendship with the CPS social worker (as the 2016 CPS documents released by AW seem to indicate) prior to their professional client/case manager relationship unfortunately AW did not stand a chance. If that was indeed the case, the investigation was biased and unfair IMO. Maybe AW was trying to bring the issue to light.

The shame is on her,and DCFS absolutely. It's disgust me that anyone would defend them. There is zero excuse for what DCFS,and Mother, allowed to happen to these children. ZERO.
They forced his hand in this,and need exposure,or you can be garunteed this will continue,more SA,and murdered children.
Seriously they placed these boy's with who, after Mariah's murder.
NUFF SAID.

KW has violated a no contact order? Link, please. Thanks.

Sorry can't remember where I saw that. Hence the WTH?
Still they placed those. Boys where? after Mariah's murder, they helped happen. Who's mother is volatile towards Alex, and drunkard Grandpa. You seriously trust That's a good place for these boys? You really think grandma will keep them away from Drunkard Grandpa, or Mother for that matter.
WOW.

I sympathize with the dad for his unimaginable loss. In an interview he and his fiance said they were afraid something like this might happen.

The issue I have is that Mariah was failed by many adults in her life, yet the father seems to point fingers at the system having failed her. In my opinion (and I realize it's not a popular one) he failed her as well.

Just one example: Would a $4,000 - $7,000 retainer fee stand between you and your 3 children whom are being sexually and physically abused?

I would NEVER just throw my hands up in the air, admit defeat and go back to my life with my fiance and their children.
Never.
His vehicle, which gets him to and from work, may not even be worth that much money. And I doubt he has anything in his home that's worth even 1K, so it's not like he could start selling stuff to raise the money.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I agree, the info should have been redacted before published. But that's on the media, not the Dad, imo.

I think there was a personal deal (speculation on my part) and that is why all the info was on display....JMO

Sorry can't remember where I saw that. Hence the WTH?
Still they placed those. Boys where? after Mariah's murder, they helped happen. Who's mother is volatile towards Alex, and drunkard Grandpa. You seriously trust That's a good place for these boys? You really think grandma will keep them away from Drunkard Grandpa, or Mother for that matter.
WOW.

I too am having trouble with this. I try to keep in mind, the police know far more than we do. The boys might have actually asked to go with Grandma as that could be where they feel the most loved and protected. I know that if anything happened in my family, the grandkids would all want to be with me, if one or both of their parents wasn't an option. So, thinking of the boys, perhaps the judge felt this was the best for the boys at this time, under the circumstances. I would sure think Grandma would be advised to not influence the boys opinions of either of the parents. And if she is a good grandma, she will put their mental health, as well as physical above her own.
I say this with personal background with the courts and being a grandma.

Yep. We had to tell the parents that before we handed them the report and they had to sign an parent agreement. This is why I was so surprised the docs were breached. I understand the emotions were high but a bigger hole has been dug. You work with them and not against them. Guarantee it that the judge talked about that in the first hearing. JMO

Are you referring to reports or summons given to the parent of a deceased child or just in general?

I hope this is allowed since AW said it on Nancy Grace, it's been bugging me that he said he suspected SA in that interview. I know he said a TON of things and we can't prove 99% of them. But, what bugs me, is if he suspected this, how long did he suspect this? We are not aware of CPS in their lives since 2016, well over a year ago. If he really did assume/believe this to be happening and didn't say anything that is really beyond comprehension.

For those of you who are familiar with CPS in North Carolina, how do you feel they would hear that type of statement from a parent who is trying to get custody?

In the end, I know we all want these children safe, regardless of if that means family, friends, or adoption. I really hope that AW was speaking from emotion, and the way Nancy Grace is trained as a prosecutor to "lead a witness" slyly.

I def don't want to start on the whether or not SA happened or not, that will be investigated and hopefully the results will be kept within the family. I just want to know how this type of statement MAY affect AW's attempt at gaining custody?

MOO

Thanks everyone!!
Sadly I think that is the crux of the problem. SA is a deep dark secret, that should not be spoken of. ( kept in the family) further protecting the abuser. This I believe places shame on the victims more so than it helps them, and must Stop NOW.
These boys are children, they had no power, No voice, No choice.
They need a voice now more than ever. Silence will only victimize them more. Telling them that it is something that should be hidden,kept secret, is exactly what enables the abusers.
It's victim shaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member