NC NC - Marissa Carmichael, 25, met smn @ nightclub, called 911, left in a car with smn else, Greensboro, 14 Jan 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It’s honestly for the best to control the wrong information getting out. There’s been a lot of confusion early on and the last thing they need is public interference. I believe they’re building evidence and will make an announcement soon
I very much agree but GPD needs to say something besides, " We will not be giving out anymore info. " At least tell the family yes we are working on it.

This has a little more info in that she was at the club One17 lounge and then an after party at an Airbnb and then dropped off at Exxon on East Market Street.
Now this is what confused me , this article states East Market Street but the others say West Market Street.

GPD does say the case is ongoing and they are working day and night to bring Marissa home.
This also states last contact was a text message asking her mom for help at 5am.
Who drops a friend off at a gas station and not their home? I hope the license plate of the car she got into was captured but the sad fact is many businesses have broken cameras or they are so low quality you can't see anything.

This has a little more info in that she was at the club One17 lounge and then an after party at an Airbnb and then dropped off at Exxon on East Market Street.
Now this is what confused me , this article states East Market Street but the others say West Market Street.

GPD does say the case is ongoing and they are working day and night to bring Marissa home.
This also states last contact was a text message asking her mom for help at 5am.
Has anyone seen the time of the 911 call? Curious to know the length of time between the call and the text to her mom. Also, how did Marissa call her mom if the man at the gas station took her phone?

Has anyone seen the time of the 911 call? Curious to know the length of time between the call and the text to her mom. Also, how did Marissa call her mom if the man at the gas station took her phone?

From what I have read and seen in the news a time for the 911 call was not given. GPD did say they do not know who's phone she used to call 911. Only that she called early Sunday morning. When police arrived she was not there. There has been no mention by GPD about any cctv footage.
I am not sure she even spoke on the phone with her mom but a text was sent at 5am. Who's phone that she used for the text has not been said nor what the text said. Only that she needed help.

I am only speculating the 911 call was around the same time as the text to mom.not fact though. If she had used a phone from the gas station attendant I would think GPD would state it but they have not released much just that they are working day and night on her case.

I also speculate she met the person who gave her a ride at the party at a airbnb she went to after the One17 lounge. I assume the lounge closed at 2 am then the party until 4 or 5 am. Then a ride to Exxon where she called 911.
Or she met the person who gave her a ride at the lounge and they both went to the airbnb after.

With little info to go on not much makes sense.

Sorry! I did not write the above in the best possible sequence.

Channel 45 at 11 pm news just gave a report going along with the search being conducted by family and friends.
They gave the address for the airbnb party and I will post the link when they upload recent report.
They showed were the airbnb party took place and I thought that the place did not look like a typical airbnb place.I have a feeling it might be an illegal airbnb possibly.
Family is searching empty houses and dumpsters and passing out flyers from morning until midnight in the areas she had visited.I feel for them because the wind chill here has been brutal.

I hope they can get a more organized search with some semi professionals to help.
I want to hear from anyone who knew her or had seen her at the lounge or party. I find the party somewhat suspect and wonder if this is where she met her ride.
I think they said the airbnb address was 444 Gorrell St 27406
Coworkers helped in the search, they did not say where she worked.
Video is not uploaded yet.

This video shows GPD investigators taking evidence from the airbnb. This is looking bad. One person either a friend or co worker states she left her in a home safe.( I am assuming that is the airbnb.) Then they say , I don't know how they got separated at the club but that aint right.

Last edited:
Here are some pics from the airbnb. This is not the best area near ( East Gate City Blvd.) but very close to E. Market Street Exxon and where the club One 17 is. I am sorry I can not do maps but I noticed one of the flyers the family is passing out has a map of her locations she visited but local media has not posted it.

I wonder where she worked and where in GSO she lived because she seemed unfamiliar with the area. E. Market and East Gate City is popular weekend party area.
There is a map listed in link.

Last edited:
The idea that she could potentially have been discarded by one awful person and left in a precarious situation only to fall into the clutches of another even more awful person is so frightening. There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of obvious movement behind the scenes on this one either. I was reading some of her mother’s comments earlier and the poor woman is in agony - understandably.

Hopefully LE are just about to burst into meaningful action any minute now… fingers crossed.

What if both unknown parties were in kahoots? Like the robbery was planned and then the "hero" came just at the right moment? Just thinking out loud IMO.
But according to the 911 call she wasn’t robbed. She was inside the store , he threw her things out and left with her phone. She said I feel robbed. Also the call was at 3:40, cops arrived at 4:20 and her last contact was 5 AM. I’m hoping the 5 AM contact can give an idea to what happened after 5 AM. I noticed channel 12 reported they didn’t know whose phone she used so does that mean she didn’t use the store phone and possibly a customer’s cell phone?

But according to the 911 call she wasn’t robbed. She was inside the store , he threw her things out and left with her phone. She said I feel robbed. Also the call was at 3:40, cops arrived at 4:20 and her last contact was 5 AM. I’m hoping the 5 AM contact can give an idea to what happened after 5 AM. I noticed channel 12 reported they didn’t know whose phone she used so does that mean she didn’t use the store phone and possibly a customer’s cell phone?

Many confusing things about this case, but one thing I'm still confused about is the 911 phone call. They said they don't know whose phone she used to make the 911 call and also send a text to her mom. But surely 911 would have recorded the incoming telephone number!

The idea that she could potentially have been discarded by one awful person and left in a precarious situation only to fall into the clutches of another even more awful person is so frightening. There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of obvious movement behind the scenes on this one either. I was reading some of her mother’s comments earlier and the poor woman is in agony - understandably.

Hopefully LE are just about to burst into meaningful action any minute now… fingers crossed.
You do not know how the investigation is going with GPD behind the scenes. GPD has said they were not giving out anymore info.

Many confusing things about this case, but one thing I'm still confused about is the 911 phone call. They said they don't know whose phone she used to make the 911 call and also send a text to her mom. But surely 911 would have recorded the incoming telephone number!
In my own opinion. The media might be holding back from giving out certain info involving this case by GPD.
Just speculating.

I believe they know but not disclosing at this time

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back