NC NC - Marissa Carmichael, 25, met smn @ nightclub, called 911, left in a car with smn else, Greensboro, 14 Jan 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That article had a lot of good info. One thing that's not been mentioned - certainly everything thinks "Sex trafficking" when a very pretty woman goes missing, but she's about 10 years past the age for her to be a likely victim and usually victims are groomed and not taken from large, close-knit families (traffickers tend to prey on the loners, and those from dysfunctional family environments). Possible, certainly, but not as likely. But what about underlying health issues. Not to be unkind, but at 5 foot 4 and 260 pounds, as she was described, she could easily have underlying health issues (diabetes, even heart) related to obesity, that combined with trauma, stress, a bit too much social drinking or intentionally or unknowingly ingesting recreational drugs could have brought about a seizure or other medical event. Nothing can be ruled out. What matters most is the search continues for her - as she is loved and missed.

This case has disappeared from the media completely. Nothing from GPD either but that was to be expected.
I plan on emailing the legit news sources here in GSO.
Please do not bring up racism as to the reason unless you live here. If you live here you would know this is not the case for Greensboro. IMO.

Sent emails to Fox 8 WGHP and WXII, if anyone would like to join in. Thank you!

Last edited:
I got a response from Channel 2 news director that said they had a reporter reach out to GPD last Friday and GPD says it is still an on going investigation but no new leads.
She stated that WXII will be keeping her in the news and asking for people to submit info on the case to Crimestoppers.

MOO - I get the feeling either GPD is not getting anything helpful in the investigation or not getting cooperation from others who might know more. JMO.

I got a response from Channel 2 news director that said they had a reporter reach out to GPD last Friday and GPD says it is still an on going investigation but no new leads.
She stated that WXII will be keeping her in the news and asking for people to submit info on the case to Crimestoppers.

MOO - I get the feeling either GPD is not getting anything helpful in the investigation or not getting cooperation from others who might know more. JMO.
Thank you for reaching out for an update.

It was channel 12 that made the reply, not channel 2 , my mistake. I could not find how to contact Channel 2 like Used to do.

JUN 9, 2024
[...]

Sunday morning, a search party went to her last known location.

[...]

The Exxon gas station in Greensboro on East Market Street was the first stop in canvassing the area. It's the last place Greensboro Police said Carmichael was seen after a night out.

Lipford led the search to put flyers on gas pumps, cars, and trees.

[...]

Now about 150 days later, her family said they are picking up the pieces of what her disappearance left behind. Carmichael's mother told WFMY News 2 they had to make the hard decision to put her five children up for adoption.

"It was a shock because of my health, I am not able to take care of all five of them," Sara Carmichael shared, "It seems to get harder and not easier at all."

[...]

I just wanted to give a little background about weekend events and locations of Marissa's disappearance in Greensboro in this case.

Exxon
Every weekend I listen to the Broadcastify scanner for GSPD. One thing I can tell you is the amounts of police calls to gas stations on or near East Market St. and East Gate City Blvd. Especially the ones with large parking areas like Sheets.
It has become a hangout for younger people to meet up. There was one gas station that actually held an event in the lot with a cover charge without notifying the city or getting an ok or police traffic help.

Hundreds of people showed up blocking the streets and causing an issue with GPD trying to direct pedestrians and cars.
A car hit several people and took off leaving injuries. The owner of the gas station was fined.
( I can try to find the news article on this incident but I heard it as it happened on the scanner ).

one17 lounge ( STILL OPEN ) My mistake saying it was shut down
These gas stations are popular after the bars close. Greensboro has been shutting down any nuisance bars that attract violence and numerous GPD calls. It was shut down only temporarily.
The one17 bar had many GPD calls and shootings in their parking lot. ( There are articles on it and I will try to find them and post ).

Airbnb Gorrel St.
The airbnb on Gorrel St. is a high crime area and the only reason I can think of for putting an airbnb here is it is near downtown and near bars great for partying. This street gets numerous calls for GPD.
The recent article from channel 2 stating police had no one to answer her call is a problem with not enough officers and high volume calls at peak hours. There has been an officer shortage for a few years and with the weekend having an influx of shots fired, overdoses, shootings, fights and disorderly's, I personally think her call for a minor theft of a cell phone was not high priority call at that time. MOO.

GPD and dispatchers.
Trust me when I say that the weekend late night early morning is crazy for GPD. I am not saying they did not care to help Marissa just that they were unable at the moment and did answer the call and interview clerk. I believe many people were present at all of these locations and witnessed much of it but unwilling to give info to police. MOO.

Unfortunately on Jan 14, 2023 I was not listening to Broadcastify so did not hear her 911 call go out. I can tell you from listening to GPD dispatchers that they are top notch, highly trained to handle high volume of calls and coordinating officers to locations. I am amazed at them when I listen to the busy weekends and calls during peak hours.

I hope this helps everyone to get a better sense of the locations and GPD in this case.

Edit : I made a mistake in stating the one17 bar closed permanently it was only temporary and I mistook it for a different lounge.

Last edited:
I just wanted to give a little background about weekend events and locations of Marissa's disappearance in Greensboro in this case.

Every weekend I listen to the Broadcastify scanner for GSPD. One thing I can tell you is the amounts of police calls to gas stations on East Market St. and East Gate City Blvd. Especially the ones with large parking areas like Sheets.
It has become a hangout for younger people to meet up. There was one gas station that actually held an event in the lot with a cover charge without notifying the city or getting an ok or police traffic help.

Hundreds of people showed up blocking the streets and causing an issue with GPD trying to direct pedestrians and cars.
A car hit several people and took off leaving injuries. The owner of the gas station was fined.
( I can try to find the news article on this incident but I heard it as it happened on the scanner ).

These gas stations are popular after the bars close. The one 17 bar in Marissa's case is now closed and another business has opened. Greensboro has been shutting down any nuisance bars that attract violence and numerous GPD calls.
The one17 bar had many GPD calls and shootings in their parking lot. ( There are articles on it and I will try to find them and post ).

The airbnb on Gorrel St. is a high crime area and the only reason I can think of for putting an airbnb here is it is near downtown and near bars great for partying. This street gets numerous calls for GPD.
The recent article from channel 2 stating police had no one to answer her call is a problem with not enough officers and high volume calls at peak hours. There has been an officer shortage for a few years and with the weekend having an influx of shots fired, overdoses, shootings, fights and disorderly's, I personally think her call for a minor theft of a cell phone was not high priority call at that time. MOO.

Trust me when I say that the weekend late night early morning is crazy for GPD. I am not saying they did not care to help Marissa just that they were unable at the moment and did answer the call and interview clerk. I believe many people were present at all of these locations and witnessed much of it but unwilling to give info to police. MOO.

Unfortunately on Jan 14, 2023 I was not listening to Broadcastify so did not hear her 911 call go out. I can tell you from listening to GPD dispatchers that they are top notch, highly trained to handle high volume of calls and coordinating officers to locations. I am amazed at them when I listen to the busy weekends and calls during peak hours.

I hope this helps everyone to get a better sense of the locations and GPD in this case.
I, too, believe the biggest obstacle here is people aren't talking. moo

Last edited:

Exxon
Every weekend I listen to the Broadcastify scanner for GSPD. One thing I can tell you is the amounts of police calls to gas stations on or near East Market St. and East Gate City Blvd. Especially the ones with large parking areas like Sheets.

one17 lounge ( STILL OPEN ) My mistake saying it was shut down
These gas stations are popular after the bars close. Greensboro has been shutting down any nuisance bars that attract violence and numerous GPD calls. It was shut down only temporarily.

Airbnb Gorrel St.

GPD and dispatchers.

Edit : I made a mistake in stating the one17 bar closed permanently it was only temporary and I mistook it for a different lounge.
Here is the article from the example I used above concerning gas stations as hang outs and parties. I actually heard this chaos on the scanner. This is NOT the gas station Marissa called from that night.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654
Back