NC - McKenzie Sessoms, 11, murdered, Salemburg, 6 Sept 2013 *suspect in custody*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NOOOO!!!!

"Her pants were rolled inward, and her bra was askew" - does that mean street clothes, not jammies? Did she never get to bed the night before?

Was the couch also her bed? Why was she "sleeping" in the den when there was a rowdy gathering? It had become the home of a young girl, not a party house for men - why the hell was there a rowdy gathering in the first place?

Everybody failed this little princess! Was there ever a time in her 11 years that she felt loved & safe? I do not remember details, but she had recently gone to live there because the was a problem with the mother. Is that right?

No suspects?

How about everyone that was in the house that night? Get DNA from them and figure it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How horrible! The news article mentions the oldest brother went to bed at midnight. I wonder when the other brother went to bed? If you are having a "party" you usually stay up until the last "guest" leaves. I wonder if this happened during the "party" if so there should be witnesses since she was on the couch. Or I guess someone could have come back after the "brothers" went to bed. I hope they make an arrest SOON! This has went on too long with no justice for this angel.

Many thanks to cuffem & KBL100 for posting the helpful and informative posts. I saw the "article" from WRAL on TV last night, but you beat me to posting it here, cuffem! I prolly would not have posted it until this morning.

And some good questions by our Sleuthers and boodles' SCREAM which captures, IMO, all of our frustrations & anger about this poor dead little girl. Grrrrrrr. :banghead: ..
icon8.gif

Good questions from noZme and Linda7NJ: Was the couch where she always slept?

"No suspects" -- WTF is that?? This little phrase is, it seems to me, the cry of all of us here on WS. Who/what are folks down there afraid of???

Or was she brought out there by partier(s) for fun & games? And if/when she screamed, did someone get carried away and hold his hand on her nose & mouth for a little too long?

And how did WRAL find out about McKenzie? Did someone from that area report it to them? Or was some on-the-ball WRAL reporter just as impatient as we all were?

Is an asphyxiated and molested little girl not probable cause for SW's for DNA swabs for all male party-goers? Did LE even ask for volunteer DNA swabs?

Maybe the WRAL article will put the State of NC LE into the investigation.

Something's gotta give here, friends. And many thanks to WRAL for the article. Maybe this will start a real investigation. Or maybe it needs to go to the NC Attorney General...

I am fit to be tied -- somebody must speak out LOUDLY for McKenzie and the people of the State of North Carolina!!
icon8.gif

I just sent an e-mail to WRAL5. Not sure what I am doing but I asked for an investigative reporter to look deeper into it and asked some questions.

I dont know what all the hoopla is about; unless i've jumped threads; the brother is in custody awaiting trial in 2014 and there was no un reg or reg so the perp is awaiting trial. The perp is a minor and her brother, correct?

Hello Cherry,I think you have the wrong thread. There are no suspects in this case and her brothers are adults.

I just sent an e-mail to WRAL5. Not sure what I am doing but I asked for an investigative reporter to look deeper into it and asked some questions.

:cheer: Fantastic, cuffem!!! :drumroll: They should get back in touch with you -- they are usually very conscientious about the correspondence they get. Let's hope they will have some good news!

:tyou: Thanks a million, cuffem! :websleuther:

:justice:

Thanks to everyone for your input. Mackenzie has stolen my heart. I am hoping the investigators have a pretty good idea who is responsible, were waiting for the report & an arrest is imminent.

I already said Mackenzie's family let her down. Pleeeease, put the nasty (insert ugly word of choice) behind bars & throw away the keys!

Thanks to everyone for your input. Mackenzie has stolen my heart. I am hoping the investigators have a pretty good idea who is responsible, were waiting for the report & an arrest is imminent.

I already said Mackenzie's family let her down. Pleeeease, put the nasty (insert ugly word of choice) behind bars & throw away the keys!

It seems confusing. They had to have known she was sexually assaulted if not immediately, then definitely at the time of autopsy. While they don't have to tell the public anything, they waited 2 months, then suddenly the "autopsy report was released Tuesday." Maybe it took that long for the report to be completed, as in waiting or toxicology results? I don't know...something just seems off about this investigation.

Unless they are completely incompetent, LE would have asked for DNA swabs from everyone present at the house. If anyone refused, that would raise a red flag (remember Jason Williford in the Kathy Taft case). Then they wait for DNA results. It has been two months. Shouldn't they have results at this point?

If they did not request DNA swabs (I can't believe this could be the case), then they're negligent (or something).

I wonder how large this "rowdy gathering" was, and whether anyone refused to give a DNA sample.

I have not heard if DNA was found or if it was collected from the party attendees. Are these reporters asking questions or are they getting info via a press release from sheriff dept? I know the family is grieving but why have they not spoken out for Mckenzie?This is very hush hush.
They probably waited to announce a sex. assault until tests were conducted,sometimes it could be staged to look like a sex. assault.

My opinion thus far is that there is something wrong here or this little town is just not staffed for or not familiar with homicides. It could be that the family is asking that things not be announced or made public. IDK, but something just doesn't seem right.

I live in Raleigh, NC, where we have comparatively large and experienced LE (Raleigh PD and Wake County Sheriff's Office), and a conscientious Office of the District Attorney. This difference certainly makes comparison very unfair without a doubt. But surely, Shirley, something should be happening by now -- it seems to me if the LEO's in that area needed help they could call on help from the SBI or other personnel. Maybe they have made good progress, and things are being held very close.

I'm just frustrated and afraid this case will be swept under the rug or just perish from lack of pressure or lack of investigatory expertise or vigor.

:rant: Please pardon my rant. It ends here...
icon9.gif

:justice:

I have not heard if DNA was found or if it was collected from the party attendees. Are these reporters asking questions or are they getting info via a press release from sheriff dept? I know the family is grieving but why have they not spoken out for Mckenzie?This is very hush hush.
They probably waited to announce a sex. assault until tests were conducted,sometimes it could be staged to look like a sex. assault.

There aren't any reporters asking any questions. That's what is so perplexing.

The WRAL article was posted by a web editor (i.e., no reporter credit). It looks like a canned statement, probably from the SBI since it says "Raleigh."

No one seems to care about this case. I hope I'm wrong! And I hope the ME who just got sacked (today) didn't perform the autopsy on this poor child.

I've been AWOL for quite some time, but this case has me infuriated. The only report I can even find online is that of WRAL? Nobody else is reporting on the murder of a little girl? In her own home? With a bunch of men present? WTF is going on here?

Hi, glee, glad you're back. Yes indeed, we're all frustrated, angry & afraid that this case will just disappear. Something bad happened to this innocent little girl & something needs to be done. It's called justice. Grrrrr.

It may be that an arrest is imminent and the local LE are just being very careful not to let anything leak out. I hope this is it.

I just looked again at the Fayetteville Observer and I saw nothing new at all. Fay. is 25--30 miles away, and the newspaper has a fairly large circulation and is a pretty good paper. I'm sure that a lot of folks in Salemburg subscribe to it. WTH?

Maybe one day soon we'll have a lot of news about this crime and a suspect.

Is there no one in that little town who is as angry & worried as we are?

I have now sent an e-mail to Amanda Lamb an Wral crime reporter. I swear I will drive to Salemburg if I have to.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edlynch
Back