NC - McKenzie Sessoms, 11, murdered, Salemburg, 6 Sept 2013 *suspect in custody*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you Wolf Dreamer, I do not have a Facebook account. I am relieved to see that Mckenzie does have other people speaking for her. I got a reply from Amanda Lamb of Wral and she said Bryan Simms was the local reporter covering the case and he did get my original message. It seems he is not getting any info either and she asked if anyone has info or knows the family to contact her. I will forward her the facebook page.She did forward my message to the local reporter.

Thank you Wolf Dreamer, I do not have a Facebook account. I am relieved to see that Mckenzie does have other people speaking for her. I got a reply from Amanda Lamb of Wral and she said Bryan Simms was the local reporter covering the case and he did get my original message. It seems he is not getting any info either and she asked if anyone has info or knows the family to contact her. I will forward her the facebook page.She did forward my message to the local reporter.

It does seem strange that there's so little coverage, and reading the FB stuff whoever set them up is also frustrated by the silence. Hopefully your emails will push the media.

I have now sent an e-mail to Amanda Lamb an Wral crime reporter. I swear I will drive to Salemburg if I have to.

Thanks, cuffem, for your action here. Good idea.

Amanda Lamb, as you know, is no stranger to horrible crimes, and, from what I have seen and heard from her, she is a mother first and a reporter somewhere close after that. At least she may be able to poke a stick at people who can shake some stuff up with this. She knows, I'm sure, lotsa folks to contact.

I wonder if anyone has contacted the sheriff down there...

And at least FB has some references to her with some "we need action" type comments. That's encouraging.

Think positive thoughts.

Hey all. I saw Brian Simms on the news tonight, reporting about the human remains found by some railroad tracks in Fayetteville. I can't help but wonder if it could be Kelli Bordeaux. (I have no info, just wishing they would find her.) If Brian has F'ville as his area for crime reporting, he must be spread pretty thin, IYKWIM.

My thoughts exactly, Boodles, on the body (bones) found in Fayetteville -- and I'm guessing that same thought went through the minds of many WS'ers. It will take a while for the remains to be id'd... Of course there have been several murders of other women in the Fay'ville area as well.

ETA: And yes, F/ville alone would keep a good reporter busy, so who knoze how much time he will be able to give to the Mckenzie Sessoms murder that occurred 30 miles away...

Who killed McKenzie?

Do the cops know? Is there a strong suspect? Why no news?
A young girl is dead. Get to the verb NC .... take action!
A horrible monster should be in jail, not walking among the good people of the world.

I'm going to rant here for a bit.

For NC folks, you may remember a 30 year old woman being murdered in her apartment earlier this year in Raleigh. Her daughter, a child, woke to find her mother dead, and ran out to get help from some construction workers. One week later, the police had tracked down and arrested 3 total strangers and charged them with murder.

In the case of McKenzie's murder, she was killed in her "home" (I say that in quotes, as I question what kind of "home" it could have been). Since it is highly unlikely that a stranger crept in, assaulted and killed her, then "law enforcement" (putting that in quotes, too!) has a discrete number of people to consider - the people who were there that night. Their "pool of candidates" has been defined for them, no detective work required.

So what is the flippin' holdup?? Don't they know how to interview, do forensics, gather evidence? Did they run out of handcuffs and they're waiting for a shipment to arrive before they do any more arresting down there in Salemburg? WTH!

This poor child. As someone else posted earlier, did she ever feel safe and loved? Did she even have a bedroom or was she relegated to a sofa all her short life? This weekend I read about more tragedy involving children: the child chained to a porch by his foster parents, and the 4 year old who shot herself with daddy's gun. I'm sure there were more I missed.

Parents are supposed to protect and care for their children, not allow them to be exposed to danger, much less harm them themselves. If you can't be a responsible parent, then *news flash* - there's something called birth control, use it!

Anyway, come on Sampson county, get your act together! Some child killer and sexual assaulter is walking the streets.

End of rant. Grrrr

100% agreement! Well said, Boodles. How about sending that to every law enforcement agency involved (or not so much) in this crime, as a letter to the editor of area newspapers, mayors, councilmen, yadayadayada?

What are the priorities there?

Another week & no arrests.
No statement. Nothing!

Yet another week has passed.

At this point, I fear the cops have a problem. They have to have DNA results by now, and that should make this a slam dunk. That is, unless, it doesn't match the person(s) they suspect, or it matches multiple people (or there is more than one person indicated, but no sample to match that individual/s). And it makes me sick to think about these possibilities, as if the crime wasn't horrific enough with the thought of a single perp.

I hope I am wrong, but it seems that something is wrong in this investigation. It shouldn't be taking this long. I hope that if the primary LE agency is struggling, they have the wherewithal to get help from others with more resources and/or experience. This is no time for LE to let pride interfere with catching a miserable, cowardly, sicko child killer. Here's hoping they have competent people leading this investigation.

Thoughts anyone? What could be happening? It's 3 months!

Maybe one of the LEOs is in on it or was at the party? Or some influential "citizen," perhaps. Small towns can be very clique-ish. Horrible & maddening thought, but...something must be rotten in that little town.

She was found September 6 & here we are December 4. What could possibly be the hold-up?

Maybe one of the LEOs is in on it or was at the party? Or some influential "citizen," perhaps. Small towns can be very clique-ish. Horrible & maddening thought, but...something must be rotten in that little town.

I have been thinking this also,maybe someones son.I am trying to be patient but I am worried there is a problem with the investigation.There has to be rumors going around in a small town.People have to be whispering a persons name.

I have been thinking this also,maybe someones son.I am trying to be patient but I am worried there is a problem with the investigation.There has to be rumors going around in a small town.People have to be whispering a persons name.

Yep, cuffem, I agree -- Is the family reluctant to raise heck about the progress of the investigation because of the party? I would think so. Some son of a city or county official or bigwig? Maybe a family member was in on it, too. (d'oh) Has someone threatened the family and/or LE?

And yes, cuffem, people talk... And I hope they are, and writing letters to somebody, somewhere...

These kinds of thoughts come in when an investigation just stalls and LE does not communicate anything about the on-going investigation. And as far as we know, the DA's office is mum, too.

Remember the Jonbenet Ramsey case? It's been 17 years and no arrest...

I just checked the N&O - nothing; WRAL - nothing; Fayetteville Observer - nothing. <smh>

Grrrrr :banghead:

Watching Dateline gave me an idea but I am not sure how to proceed.How does one go about getting a sponsor or benefactor to put up a reward for info. or put up a billboard for info? I am not soliciting any money here at websleuths or from any members here.Maybe this could get people talking and a perp. nervous and push LE to make a statement.If this is against TOS,mods please remove. Again I am not asking for money here at websleuths.Does anyone have any ideas?

Watching Dateline gave me an idea but I am not sure how to proceed.How does one go about getting a sponsor or benefactor to put up a reward for info. or put up a billboard for info? I am not soliciting any money here at websleuths or from any members here.Maybe this could get people talking and a perp. nervous and push LE to make a statement.If this is against TOS,mods please remove. Again I am not asking for money here at websleuths.Does anyone have any ideas?

cuffem, I don't know but am intrigued by your idea! Isn't it common for law enforcement to establish a reward fund? It seems I have noted that in some cases from the past, but maybe they were privately funded.

Hmmm, how to get a sponsor/benefactor? Great question!!

One possibility when there's not a generous wealthy person handy would be private donations. It would seem there would have to be an organizer, and "trustee" of sorts, or escrow-type account established.

But by whom? I don't know. Who would know about such things? Oh, John Walsh would know - or someone within his foundation. Is anyone friendly with a homicide detective? Or crime reporter? They may know, also.

And P.S., I am not soliciting anyone, either. Just thinking out loud.

ETA: I just googled, and yes, law enforcement often sets up a reward. WHY NOT IN THIS CASE?

There is a new post on the facebook site from Bryan Mims (WRAL-TV in Fayetteville) asking family members to do an interview for an update story. I wish somebody would stir up attention & find out what's going on...if anything.

cuffem & noZme -- I think between the two of you, you all might get that mountain moved... You've done some good work.
icon14.gif
Maybe Mims can start shaking the earth a little bit. And maybe he knows a bit about her family -- her mom, etc., -- by now. And maybe this case shakes him up a bit, too. Fingers crossed!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801
Back