Deceased/Not Found NC - Monica Moynan, 23, mom of 2, Holly Springs, 7 Apr 2019 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There's a pinned post on FB on the Holly Springs PD page from 7/31 that says there's an update in it. The only update I can figure from it is maybe that she was seen in early April? I can't get a link to include - maybe someone else can.

LLO's comment on the original post before the updated one may have triggered the updated timeline.

I am fairly certain it's just the updated timeline of early April.

Holly Springs Police North Carolina

This is so odd. What happened to the family member from the beginning of this thread that was being verified? They said they are tagging Monica's FB about her being missing but it's a private account so what good does that do? The mother is still posting daily about her missing-her bf is too. Why no find MM page? Why isn't this being pushed to the media more? There doesn't seem to be any local updates or posts other than theirs? Are they aware of organizations that can help with resources/getting the word out? It just seems like such a low internet presence for her case? I don't get any results from google for less than 2 weeks ago.

The dots don't seem to be connecting anywhere in the little bit of info available to the public.

I hope like hell that she is found safe.

#whereismonica

This is so odd. What happened to the family member from the beginning of this thread that was being verified? They said they are tagging Monica's FB about her being missing but it's a private account so what good does that do? The mother is still posting daily about her missing-her bf is too. Why no find MM page? Why isn't this being pushed to the media more? There doesn't seem to be any local updates or posts other than theirs? Are they aware of organizations that can help with resources/getting the word out? It just seems like such a low internet presence for her case? I don't get any results from google for less than 2 weeks ago.

The dots don't seem to be connecting anywhere in the little bit of info available to the public.

I hope like hell that she is found safe.

#whereismonica
I’m curious - where have you seen posts from her “boyfriend” about her being missing? I’m putting boyfriend in quotes because I think you are referring to the father of Monica’s children, but I don’t think he was currently her boyfriend.

Unfortunately, I’m not able to answer any of your other questions. Though, when I look back at the Kelsey Berreth case as an example, and how her “Missing” pages (those run by family and non-family) turned into a circus of drama and rumors- some fact based, and some not... I wonder if the family has been urged not to start a “Missing” page based on what they (the family and LE) already know, that we are not aware of.

In other words, maybe getting the word out to the general public, would hinder rather than help their investigation. I think they ONLY need to hear from those who know Monica and could give specific information regarding WHEN or WHERE they last physically saw her or talked to her. I have my own ideas causing this line of thinking, but they are only based on my own personal hunches.

This is definitely an unusual case, but things may become more clear as LE gathers crucial information. But it may be a long time before we, as the public, are privy to that information.

MOO

I’m curious - where have you seen posts from her “boyfriend” about her being missing? I’m putting boyfriend in quotes because I think you are referring to the father of Monica’s children, but I don’t think he was currently her boyfriend.

Unfortunately, I’m not able to answer any of your other questions. Though, when I look back at the Kelsey Berreth case as an example, and how her “Missing” pages (those run by family and non-family) turned into a circus of drama and rumors- some fact based, and some not... I wonder if the family has been urged not to start a “Missing” page based on what they (the family and LE) already know, that we are not aware of.

In other words, maybe getting the word out to the general public, would hinder rather than help their investigation. I think they ONLY need to hear from those who know Monica and could give specific information regarding WHEN or WHERE they last physically saw her or talked to her. I have my own ideas causing this line of thinking, but they are only based on my own personal hunches.

This is definitely an unusual case, but things may become more clear as LE gathers crucial information. But it may be a long time before we, as the public, are privy to that information.

MOO
Best friend

MOO

It is very unusual that family does not want the media involved, or anyone to arrange a prayer vigil. Some cases here would love to have that kind of attention for their loved ones. Like you, I also have some ideas as to why, but don't feel I need to air those here at this time. The family is working with LE so likely knows exactly where this investigation is headed.

This missing person peaked my interest...
However, I can't figure out is she missing or not? Is someone posting as her or is it her?
Family and close friends are all saying the facebook posts were NOT Moni. Not sure how they know that with any certainty? My daughter said it's possible the July 14th listing could be an auto renewal of the those two listings. I think I'm saying that right.

This missing person peaked my interest...
However, I can't figure out is she missing or not? Is someone posting as her or is it her?
Family and close friends are all saying the facebook posts were NOT Moni. Not sure how they know that with any certainty?

My daughter said it's possible the July 14th listings could be an auto renewal she set up in advance. I think I'm saying that right.

I can't find where I saw this posted, but I do recall that someone said you can set up things to post on Etsy in advance. Anyone know if this is true?
That seems like a possibility. Like if she were in a routine of churning out __ amount of product a month. Maybe there’s an auto-listing feature for this site?

Family and close friends are all saying the facebook posts were NOT Moni. Not sure how they know that with any certainty?

My daughter said it's possible the July 14th listings could be an auto renewal she set up in advance. I think I'm saying that right.
I remember being apart of a crime blog/forum and if you tried to post as someone different the owner would ban you. She knew our ip addresses.
Couldn't the same tactic be used here?

Seems like mother is very worried yet only wants prayers. If I understood that right.

There is a lot of bizarre things to this case. One of the most is the posts made to FB and SM Etsy etc. made after she was missing. It's not that hard to relist something on Etsy, just a matter of pushing a button to relist so I am not sure that having an auto-renewal of the listing would make sense for Moni. I would like to believe that the SM posts mean perhaps she is alive and well somewhere, but I am not sure that is the case.

This case is made extra hard due to the fact there is so much that cannot be discussed here, so, many layers and elements. I am still holding out hope she will be found. Someone above was asking about the person who knows Moni that was posting and going to get verified that never came back.

I've been a member of this group for quite awhile but hardly ever post. I'm from NC and very close to where this has happened. What baffles me is why there has been no organized search parties for this girl. I just don't understand. I've read every update and all FB posts from family and friends and it seems they only want prayers and sharing of their posts on individuals FB page. They DON'T want any or at least limited media coverage, prayer vigils or help from missing persons resources . Or at least it seems that way from everything I have read. It just seems really strange to me. Especially the fact that no organized search party has been implemented. Does anyone on here have any insight into why they might not be organizing a community search party??? I also want to add that I can understand the fact that they don't want the drama that comes along with a high profile case in terms of media but I still don't get why no community search. Thanks in advance for any insight into this question.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust
Back