GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I can't link the artical but on the Fayetteville observer website it says the remains were found outside of the gates. There are two training areas like that, one is on Mcarthur Bridge rd. North of Andrews rd. And the other is on Honeycutt rd. Just off of Mcarthur Bridge rd. I was on Mcarthur today and there was a group of soldiers collecting trash at one of the old landing strips, maybe they found something. This is just 5 minutes from froggy bottoms so its not too big of a stretch.

WOW!
Thanks for helping us to understand the relationship of one place to another.

No problem. Everytime my husband and I are on that road we get chills. Its a two lane rd. with almost nothing but trees until you get closer to 210. Cars pull off along that stretch all the time so stopping may not even draw attention. While I was there today a kid riding a motorcycle infront of me lost control and hit a tree, we were up by the trees with the biker waiting on medics
and the amount of trash in the trees was rediculous. Looks like a well used dumping ground in spots.

There's so much I want to say but can't. Time to sit on my hands and wait for a news update which probably won't be for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Can someone refresh my memory as to where MB worked when he was there before going back to FL? I'm going to have to go back through the old threads and dig around to see if one of my thoughts pans out.

I believe he worked in Spring Lake, doing some type of construction.

One report said he did construction work on Fort Bragg too. The houses on post have been turned over to civilian contractors in recent years (bad idea imo).
As far as I know his employment has never been confirmed or verified to the public but LE knows for sure.

That said, if he had a job, he left NC more than a week before Kelli disappeared, he'd been gone two weekends, had not had contact with her since 3PM Friday afternoon (she disappeared early Saturday morning) and arrived in NC hours after the police contacted him Monday inquiring if he knew where she was as she hadn't showed up for work. He met up with Kelli's sister and they drove to NC together. I think they arrived on Tuesday.

MB's parents haven't spoken out publically.

My goodness, I have lost track of how many bodies have been found in the general region since Kelli went missing. Several have been posted on this thread. I am hoping that this time, she had been found and that cell pings, or something else, will provide a link to a suspect, if her remains cannot.

Yeah but that area is virtually impossible for a civilian to get into without proper ID. Nick would not have that type of ID.

Exactly. MOO

Well, you've caught my attention! Forgive me, but my only knowledge on how the military handles investigations comes from the show NCIS... I always wondered why it was the Fayetteville PD and not a military agency running things?

Well, you've caught my attention! Forgive me, but my only knowledge on how the military handles investigations comes from the show NCIS... I always wondered why it was the Fayetteville PD and not a military agency running things?

That would be because the last place she was seen was in Fayetteville so the local PD would be leading the case with cooperation from Army CID. If the remains are hers it will become a multi force investigation considering the remains are on federal military reservation land.

It looks like some of your posters live in the Fayetteville,NC area, so i saw the LE contact info with Detective Locklear's email if you know or suspect information being pertinent

It's doubtful, but It would be interesting if the Detective replies back to anyone with any information per this crime. Maybe some of you with a familiarity or background to Ft Bragg/military service might shed some light to help him.

Detective Locklear - FPD - News Conference

If you have any information about this case please contact:

Police have set up a special hotline, 910-433-1114, for tips in the case, or you can contact Detective Locklear of the Fayetteville Police Department at
910-433-1389 E-mail: jlocklear@ci.fay.nc.us

I scoured some news pertaining to Kelli during some down time and discovered the very close area to Kelli's home/Froggy Bottoms bar, there has been a rash of crimes against women on that short stretch of Ramsey Street...

Kelli's apt complex is right off Ramsey St.

In 2010 seven women reported rapes and sexual assaults in the Fayetteville area. A number of the crimes occurred near Glenwick Drive and Radford Road. The attacks were similar. Also, between 2006 and 2008, a series of five rapes or attempted rapes were reported along Ramsey Street

Also, between 2006 and 2008, a series of five rapes or attempted rapes were reported along Ramsey Street. The rapes to date have not been solved. Police investigators indicated early on that they didn’t see any links between the attacks.

Sometime on the evening of March 31, 2012 around 9:00 p.m. a lady was jogging in a wooded area off Carvers Falls Road near Ramsey Street when she was attacked and raped. The crime remains unsolved.

In the early morning hours on Saturday April 14, 2012 Kelli Bordeaux, 23, left the Froggy Bottoms bar, which is located at 6326 Ramsey Street, Fayetteville. She has not been seen or heard from since. Pfc. Bordeaux is a combat medic with the 44th Medical Brigade at Ft. Bragg, NC.

The distance between Carvers Falls Road/Ramset St where Kelli lived and the Froggy Bottoms bar where Pfc. Bordeaux was last seen is approximately 0.7 tenths of a mile (see attached map).

Kelli was in very short walking distance from the bar to her home.
Bordeaux remains missing.

Has a serial predator been hiding in plain sight?

Note: This article is not about the Kelli Bordeaux case. Rather, the article's purpose is to point out that there has been a violent predator operating in the Ramsey Street area for a number of years.

I scoured some news pertaining to Kelli during some down time and discovered the very close area to Kelli's home/Froggy Bottoms bar, there has been a rash of crimes against women on that short stretch of Ramsey Road...

Kelli's apt complex is right off Ramsey Rd.

In 2010 seven women reported rapes and sexual assaults in the Fayetteville area. A number of the crimes occurred near Glenwick Drive and Radford Road. The attacks were similar. Also, between 2006 and 2008, a series of five rapes or attempted rapes were reported along Ramsey Street

Also, between 2006 and 2008, a series of five rapes or attempted rapes were reported along Ramsey Street. The rapes to date have not been solved. Police investigators indicated early on that they didn’t see any links between the attacks.

Sometime on the evening of March 31, 2012 around 9:00 p.m. a lady was jogging in a wooded area off Carvers Falls Road near Ramsey Street when she was attacked and raped. The crime remains unsolved.

In the early morning hours on Saturday April 14, 2012 Kelli Bordeaux, 23, left the Froggy Bottoms bar, which is located at 6326 Ramsey Street, Fayetteville. She has not been seen or heard from since. Pfc. Bordeaux is a combat medic with the 44th Medical Brigade at Ft. Bragg, NC.

The distance between Carvers Falls Road and the Froggy Bottoms bar where Pfc. Bordeaux was last seen is approximately 0.7 tenths of a mile (see attached map).

Bordeaux remains missing.

Has a serial predator been hiding in plain sight?

Note: This article is not about the Kelli Bordeaux case. Rather, the article's purpose is to point out that there has been a violent predator operating in the Ramsey Street area for a number of years.

This angle has been speculated as well. There are so many unknowns in this case because no evidence has been found that would indicate if this is a feasible scenario or not.

Praying that we will know soon if the remains are indeed human and if so, if they are hers. Her family needs closure. This case has always been very important to me and I'm fighting sleep just refreshing google to see if anything else has been reported even though I know better. So with that I'm out for the night and am praying for peace and closure for the family as well as justice once the suspect is discovered and apprehended.

At this point they're not even confirming if the 'remains' are human or animal. Why report anything then? We know a medical examiner is able to determine the difference by various means just by looking at bones.

We'll just have to wait and see as little or no info has been reported.
We don't know if they just say the things they do to protect the privacy of the family and have time to go through the proper steps of confirming identity and notification protocols, etc.

If it's Kelli, that's one step closer to solving her case. That's better than nothing happening for years and years down the road. At this point, there's little to no chance she's alive. I wonder who reported finding these remains? The article doesn't say if they received anonymous call or if a soldier spotted remains during training or what. They did note the remains were outside the fence but I'm unsure if that's along or nearby a road or what.

Plus I can't remember if outside the fence means it's outside an area one would need to go through a gate to get to anyway. In other words, the fence is only there to keep people from wandering too near to training troops but outside the fence is still in a restricted area from the public without access to the post. Follow?

Just some observations we have not heard local NC LE do yet and I really hope they're smart, insightful pro's who will cover all angles and all persons close to Kelli and strangers.

Here Are Big Questions I'd Like to See Answered:

1. Since Nick gave Kelli a ride to an area close to her home, and he was the last person verifiably mentioned as seen with her, Have the criminalists checked Nick's car for KB's DNA, blood, weapon, etc.?

2. Has LE checked phone records to verify all possible persons timelines, locations?

3. Has LE checked credit card transactions for persons locations? Wondering if Kelli's bankcards, etc were stolen?

4. Was Kelli having an affair? It was said both she and her spouse have had affairs in the past and reconciled

5. Did Kelli own a gun or carry a gun, which is likely. Where is it?

6. Where was Kelli's cell phone pinged location on her last call that she got home safely?

7. Did Nick and Kelli drive immediately to her home area or take a drive down I-295?

8. Kelli supposedly was texting/calling while they were driving or getting into Nick's car, whom did she call?

9. How do missing/deceased service members military benefits work these days? Some of your are ex/current military and might know this better than me

10. LE scanned Kelli's apartment, items reportedly found were car keys, apartment keys? LE said the apartment looked normal. Would she leave without locking her apartment?

11. Does Kelli's apartment complex have outside/inside video cams?

12. Did LE check Nick's hands, clothes for gunshot residue? Forensics have proven that the backfire from a gunshot can stay on fabrics, clothes for as long as 5 days.

13. Does the Froggy Bottom bar have security cameras to see all persons with Kelli the night she was there and later went missing?

Praying that we will know soon if the remains are indeed human and if so, if they are hers. Her family needs closure. This case has always been very important to me and I'm fighting sleep just refreshing google to see if anything else has been reported even though I know better. So with that I'm out for the night and am praying for peace and closure for the family as well as justice once the suspect is discovered and apprehended.

Just throwing this out there-
http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2012/oct/10/fort-bragg-soldier-arrested-rape-ar-2681074/
I know the body has not been identified, but if it were to be Kelli, this soldier would have been able to get into post without any trouble. Wonder where he was that evening?

I think spouses have access to the base!
JMO

I also think there are ways to get on a base without going thru the gate.
Esp if ya know the areas!

I just wanted to say that in some parts of fort bragg u do not need to go through gates. My friend and i walk our dogs on fort bragg soetimes. we just park on the side of the road and walk right through the woods and u r on bragg.

It is also hunting season, fort bragg closes down the all american trail for hunters during hunting season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member