GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not if that's the guy's job/agreement/duty with the bar owner.
I don't know but it's a possibility Nick gave rides to people as a service.
The other things he did around the bar have been denied and minimized too.
Understandably, I guess, that the bar owner would want to distance himself from a convicted rso working and living behind his establishment. If Nick isn't guilty, he needs/needed somebody to help him out. After his first crime, that he was convicted for, to no fault of his they released him from prison. Just sayn' - what's he supposed to do? If the bar owner knows him and was trying to give him a break, and nothing bad ever happened again, I don't really fault him. The problem is when something bad happened, everyone's can of worms came crawling out of the woodwork. It's probably safe to say that Nick wasn't the only "bad guy" hanging out at FB.

That said, anyone could be in a bar and be unaware of the owner's background or details about his life. But, FB was more of a club or a private type establishment. The probability is that the majority of the regulars were tighter and knew more personal facts about one another. That means they'd cover or stick up for one another too - not all of them would, at this level of seriousness, but some would imo.

I can assure you, even if that was his job/agreement/duty(which apparently we now know it wasn't), those possibilities crept into some part of Nick's mind at some point.

Regarding Nick, you're right, he was released through no fault of his own. The reason he was put back in jail was, however, no one's fault but his own for not abiding by the terms of his release. I have no problem with the bar owner giving the guy a job. The fact that Nick is an RSO isn't his only problem. The fact that he's an RSO that was the last person known to be with Kelli creates a problem for him. If he was an RSO that remained at the bar and everyone vouched for him and someone else was known to have taken Kelli home, my guess is that not as much attention would be drawn to Nick. I would also suggest that LE's insistence that this case centers around Nick indicates that LE may have even more information than us that leads them to believe that.

I'm sure there are other "bad" characters at the bar, no different than anywhere else. Probably even some that have criminal records. I would also suggest that they have all been looked into by LE. I understand what you're saying. I hope and don't want LE to have tunnel vision when it comes to Nick, but at the same time there is no way I want them to take their eyes off of him either.

Neither do I want LE to take their eyes completely off Nick.
Methinks I've watched too many TV shows created around real cases where the primary suspect turns out NOT to be the one responsible for the victim's demise. When you think it must be the significant other, it turns out to be the air conditioner repair man. When you're sure it must be the jilted bf, it turns out to be the church elder. When they're certain the perp is one of the local rsos, it turns out to be some guy who was passing through the town or only there temporarily. In many cases there have been opportunists lurking around nearby. The thing about those types, they're really swift and smooth - the laughing all the way to the bank types. Anyone who knew Nick, and about his history, and also knew that Nick was driving Kelli home, could have slipped right in there, as the distances involved wouldn't be a hindrance to them doing so. They could have even laid in wait.

Furthermore, I don't believe LE processed Kelli's apartment the way they should have in light of rumored problems in her marriage. Or, even considering she may have had an old bf hanging around (unclear about that point/rumor). Someone by the name of "let's just call him Justin."

Without a body, I don't know how they'll solve this case. Even with a body, DNA would probably be non existent by now. DNA has been key in solving the majority of cases solved after years go by. If LE can't figure it out from the information they've gathered so far - four days spent in Florida, interviewing all known FB patrons/employees, area searches, phone activity from Kelli's relatives, husband and friends, cell phone pings related to all and, who we've seldom talked about, fellow soldiers, I haven't a clue how they're going to solve Kelli's case now.

Like others have expressed, I'm not satisfied to pin this on Nick considering all the other circumstances surrounding Kelli's life and the bar. If it is Nick and they couldn't figure that out by now, they won't be able to prove he did it imo. Nick should search for the truth too or this will hang over his head forever. If he knows anything else, he needs to spill it. LE saying they think he knows more, may be LE just putting the screws to Nick. That's not really fair either because LE doesn't explain why they think that. The reason could be an excuse on LE's part for not being able to solve the case. Nick's not the only person who has a criminal history, nor is he the only person who'd be willing to lie. If Nick's not the perp, whoever is is very happy everyone believes Nick is the guilty person. How perfect is that?

I can assure you, even if that was his job/agreement/duty(which apparently we now know it wasn't), those possibilities crept into some part of Nick's mind at some point.

Regarding Nick, you're right, he was released through no fault of his own. The reason he was put back in jail was, however, no one's fault but his own for not abiding by the terms of his release. I have no problem with the bar owner giving the guy a job. The fact that Nick is an RSO isn't his only problem. The fact that he's an RSO that was the last person known to be with Kelli creates a problem for him. If he was an RSO that remained at the bar and everyone vouched for him and someone else was known to have taken Kelli home, my guess is that not as much attention would be drawn to Nick. I would also suggest that LE's insistence that this case centers around Nick indicates that LE may have even more information than us that leads them to believe that.

I'm sure there are other "bad" characters at the bar, no different than anywhere else. Probably even some that have criminal records. I would also suggest that they have all been looked into by LE. I understand what you're saying. I hope and don't want LE to have tunnel vision when it comes to Nick, but at the same time there is no way I want them to take their eyes off of him either.

And, for what purpose are you explaining the above. Do you not think I already know this? Obviously, I'm expressing an opinion not a proven theory.

It's as if some other people won't consider other possibilities. That gripes me and causes me to wonder why. Everyone's a potential liar as far as I'm concerned - sorry.

The bar tab is something to ponder, but it's also possible she flat out just forgot about it. Could be just that simple. Regarding Nick, no I don't think Kelli considered it a date. What did Nick consider it? That's the million dollar question. Even if he didn't consider it a date, did he think it would lead to something more? I would suggest that 99% of adult males who are driving an attractive blonde home after a night of drinking, at some point during that time had the thoughts of whether it would lead to something more. The question is, how does that male (Nick in this case) handle it when it doesn't lead to more. Just my two cents.

Why don't you ask VOH if Nick and Kelli were on a date or if Nick believed that they were. Any time I repeat what I think I remember VOH telling us, I'm wrong. Figure the odds but I believe VOH believed earlier they were not on a date and no one thought that they were.

No one can know if Nick's sudden urge to rape someone took over when he was alone with Kelli. No evidence was found in his vehicle though that we're aware of. I doubt Kelli would go down easily. Nick's car was dirty and was found to be dirty by the time LE examined it, correct? Where did he take Kelli to assault her then, where? How and why would she go willingly anywhere with him out of bounds so-to-speak? She wouldn't imo. How could someone have tricked her? That's a better question imo. She would not risk doing drugs (pot) as that could potentially ruin her career. She had her drinks and wanted to go home.

Backtrack to between midnight and 12:30 a.m. Before LE gave out those earlier times, all events noted took place after 1:00 a.m. (according to Nick and others). There's some meaning here.

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2013/05/22/1258583

Here's another article about the recent decision the Army people made. It gives a few more details. Nothing written here makes it sound as if there's any problem distributing benefits. I'm not sure they'd advertise if there was though. I'm negative because I'm frustrated and sad they've not been able to solve Kelli's case. Don't mind me.

Why don't you ask VOH if Nick and Kelli were on a date or if Nick believed that they were. Any time I repeat what I think I remember VOH telling us, I'm wrong. Figure the odds but I believe VOH believed earlier they were not on a date and no one thought that they were.

No one can know if Nick's sudden urge to rape someone took over when he was alone with Kelli. No evidence was found in his vehicle though that we're aware of. I doubt Kelli would go down easily. Nick's car was dirty and was found to be dirty by the time LE examined it, correct? Where did he take Kelli to assault her then, where? How and why would she go willingly anywhere with him out of bounds so-to-speak? She wouldn't imo. How could someone have tricked her? That's a better question imo. She would not risk doing drugs (pot) as that could potentially ruin her career. She had her drinks and wanted to go home.

Backtrack to between midnight and 12:30 a.m. Before LE gave out those earlier times, all events noted took place after 1:00 a.m. (according to Nick and others). There's some meaning here.

I never said they were on a date nor that Nick thought they were. I never said rape crossed his mind. I did say I have little doubt having sex with Kelli likely crossed his mind at some point during the course of that night and that the question was how he reacted to the fact it was not going to be an option.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. No one is saying they're not but just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't mean they think you're not entitled to it. VOH is not here to agree or disagree with anyone. As an insider, I think they have done a wonderful job of giving us information they know without having any slant or bias to it. For that I'm thankful and look forward to VOH's input down the road.

You are correct.

i'm with reedus - nh is a single guy who's down on his luck (his own fault but still). he's interacting with a hot young girl who likes to have fun. there's no way any normal functioning male in that situation wouldn't think "oh wow, wonder if i'd have a chance with her?". the normal reaction of a guy in that situation who realizes he has no chance would to be bummed for a minute and then move on. the question is whether someone with nh's criminal past (indicative of the mental baggage that comes with it) would react like your average guy.

i'm with reedus - nh is a single guy who's down on his luck (his own fault but still). he's interacting with a hot young girl who likes to have fun. there's no way any normal functioning male in that situation wouldn't think "oh wow, wonder if i'd have a chance with her?". the normal reaction of a guy in that situation who realizes he has no chance would to be bummed for a minute and then move on. the question is whether someone with nh's criminal past (indicative of the mental baggage that comes with it) would react like your average guy.

FWIW hasn't NH been hanging out in these bars for a a year or 2?
Have there not been other pretty girls around him Im sure Kelli was not the first?

Just a thought!

Sorry reedus23. If it sounded as if I was attacking you, I'm sorry.
Every once in awhile I get in some kind of pissy mood and grow increasingly frustrated when there is no progress made/shared on Kelli's case or any of the cases I follow.

FWIW hasn't NH been hanging out in these bars for a a year or 2?
Have there not been other pretty girls around him Im sure Kelli was not the first?

Just a thought!

Plus, we don't even know whether or not NH is a true pedophile. No one claims to have noticed him pairing up with any particular girls in the past. He may not be turned on by post pubescent females. Some men who commit crimes like the one he did when he was sixteen, are only interested in children. But, some aren't. How do we know, based on Nick's previous crime and little other information, what his leanings are and if they're fixed or not? If they are fixed, why would he want Kelli in the first place? A normal man would but nothing I've heard indicates Nick went after the ladies on a regular basis. What then would his motive be to harm Kelli?

Someone/LE should investigate if NH had a consensual relationship/history with any woman since he was released from prison the first time. If he hasn't, odds are he's not into women at all.

Sorry reedus23. If it sounded as if I was attacking you, I'm sorry.
Every once in awhile I get in some kind of pissy mood and grow increasingly frustrated when there is no progress made/shared on Kelli's case or any of the cases I follow.

No worries. You and me both. Frankly, I don't care if it's Nick or the Jolly Green Giant. I just want whoever is responsible brought to justice. I know we all do.

Saw this article from a couple of days ago -- I didn't see it here on this thread, but I could have overlooked it. Anyway, the article says the family is still expecting her to come home.

As a WSer, a friend, or a relative, there are obviously only a few alternatives one can have about her disappearance: she is dead, to be seen again; she is alive, being held against her will; she is alive but doesn't want to see any of her "old" friends & family or the US Army; she is trying her best to get back home, etc.

Just so sad....

Missing soldier Kelli Bordeaux's family says it believes she's alive

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?id=9118780

Search for missing Fort Bragg soldier Kelli Bordeaux planned for Saturday

A new search for missing Fort Bragg soldier Kelli Bordeaux is planned Saturday.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/06/12/1262865?sac=fo.military

Dogs, volunteers join search for missing Fort Bragg soldier

Organizers praised a good turnout Saturday in the on-going search for a missing Fort Bragg soldier who disappeared more than a year ago.

http://www.wral.com/search-planned-for-missing-fort-bragg-soldier/12556332/

Thanks for update on the search, I copied the article link over to the newsgroup..

Article makes no mention, sadly, of anything being discovered.

Search for missing Fort Bragg soldier Kelli Bordeaux planned for Saturday

A new search for missing Fort Bragg soldier Kelli Bordeaux is planned Saturday.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/06/12/1262865?sac=fo.military

Dogs, volunteers join search for missing Fort Bragg soldier

Organizers praised a good turnout Saturday in the on-going search for a missing Fort Bragg soldier who disappeared more than a year ago.

http://www.wral.com/search-planned-for-missing-fort-bragg-soldier/12556332/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker
Back