GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From what Det. Locklear said to the media, it was that they stopped talking to NH, not the other way around. That is just what I heard on the news.

This is what I recall too. Something about the Detective believing NH knows more than he's told them but LE hasn't continued to talk to him. Where do they go from here? If it is NH who's responsible, and he manages to stay out of trouble, he'll get away with it I guess.

If it's somebody else, his motive may come to fruition now - just saying.

There was rumor in the beginning that Kelli had reported to the Army that she'd be separating soon. Wish we knew if she actually did that, if it's true or not, or if she only threatened to do that when MB didn't return home for the weekend. He was in Florida the previous weekend so maybe she expected him to return to Fayetteville that weekend but was disappointed when he wasn't coming 'home'? The first report was that they spoke last around 3:00 p.m. Friday afternoon. Not long after their phone call Kelli dolled up to go to the bar all by her lonesome. :notgood:

My sincere wish is that Kelli's mom is the recipient of the money. I'm sure she is still suffering as she lost her husband first and then, within a short period of time, lost her daughter. She's the biggest victim besides Kelli imo (and Kelli's sis and bro).

Life insurance would actually be over $400,000, since Kelli was active duty. If MB were to have died, she would receive $100,000, unless she has elected not to have him on the policy. It is pretty standard in the military. She would have had to sign paperwork to not have this. The spouse is usually the beneficiary of the SGLI. The surviving spouse would also receive social security. MB will continue to have his health insurance. Regardless of if there was a separation, the army only recognizes single, married, widowed or divorced.

Kelli wouldn't get anything from the Army if MB died. I'm confused. Wait, I do remember that we had some life insurance on me too. Yes, and I believe that was an option. They take premiums out of the soldier's paycheck each month.
We've been out ten years now and things may have changed. I provided a link above as I wasn't sure what's what today. Maybe I read it wrong. I'm not sure how they handle a widow/widower's medical coverage under conditions such as these. For instance, if you get a divorce before ten years, you won't be included in your spouses retirement pay if they stay in until twenty. There are safeguards built in so people can't abuse and use the system and the soldier outright. Therefore, I don't believe the spouse of an enlisted gets lifetime medical due to the death of the soldier if not on duty. Even us retired folks (husband) pay through the nose for medical these days. We're in the system but it's far from being free.

This is what I recall too. Something about the Detective believing NH knows more than he's told them but LE hasn't continued to talk to him. Where do they go from here? If it is NH who's responsible, and he manages to stay out of trouble, he'll get away with it I guess.

If it's somebody else, his motive may come to fruition now - just saying.

There was rumor in the beginning that Kelli had reported to the Army that she'd be separating soon. Wish we knew if she actually did that, if it's true or not, or if she only threatened to do that when MB didn't return home for the weekend. He was in Florida the previous weekend so maybe she expected him to return to Fayetteville that weekend but was disappointed when he wasn't coming 'home'? The first report was that they spoke last around 3:00 p.m. Friday afternoon. Not long after their phone call Kelli dolled up to go to the bar all by her lonesome. :notgood:

My sincere wish is that Kelli's mom is the recipient of the money. I'm sure she is still suffering as she lost her husband first and then, within a short period of time, lost her daughter. She's the biggest victim besides Kelli imo (and Kelli's sis and bro).

Money can always be a motivating factor. I just have to have some sort of information provided by LE, or even a statement from them that opens up the possibility that the husband could have been around at the time. If that information were available, I'd open up to the possibility. But verifying his presence in Florida would have been easy enough in my estimation.

Regarding the bolded, but she didn't go out on her lonesome. Was there ever any conversation about when this evening was planned. Did Kelli call Nick (or vica versa) just that evening to set up her getting picked up or was that planned earlier? I just can't remember.

I would love to see the monies go into a fund used for Kelli's benefit. Whether it's paying for searches, bringing in PI's or a reward, though that's my least favorite option because I don't think rewards work.

Money can always be a motivating factor. I just have to have some sort of information provided by LE, or even a statement from them that opens up the possibility that the husband could have been around at the time. If that information were available, I'd open up to the possibility. But verifying his presence in Florida would have been easy enough in my estimation.

Regarding the bolded, but she didn't go out on her lonesome. Was there ever any conversation about when this evening was planned. Did Kelli call Nick (or vica versa) just that evening to set up her getting picked up or was that planned earlier? I just can't remember.

I would love to see the monies go into a fund used for Kelli's benefit. Whether it's paying for searches, bringing in PI's or a reward, though that's my least favorite option because I don't think rewards work.

BBM -
Did LE ever come out and state they verified he was in FL?
There's different ways they could state it:
We know for certain he did not leave FL as confirmed by multiple surveillance videos and/or totally impartial alibis.
We believe he did not leave FL based upon alibis given by friends and/or cell phone pings.
He appears not to have left FL.

BBM -
Did LE ever come out and state they verified he was in FL?
There's different ways they could state it:
We know for certain he did not leave FL as confirmed by multiple surveillance videos and/or totally impartial alibis.
We believe he did not leave FL based upon alibis given by friends and/or cell phone pings.
He appears not to have left FL.

Not that I'm aware of. It's been stated (can't remember if it was LE) that he was in Florida but I don't recall them making any kind of statement that this was independently verified. It can only be inferred from the fact that LE doesn't have any outward interest in the husband but are interested in what Nick has to say.

I was responding to the query about the insurance being a motivator and I was simply saying it certainly could be, but I just don't see how it's reasonably possible given the time/distance windows involved and that if LE provided some sort of info that made it physically feasible, I could buy into that theory more easily.

The plot thickens. Usually people aren't declared dead before seven years have gone by. Yet, the Army has made this declaration regarding Kelli after only one year.

In an old Army guide, I found a description for the role of a "Line-of-Duty" officer. This soldier's role is to determine whether an individual's disease or injury was incurred while the person was conducting himself or herself properly in his or her role as a member of the Army. Those assigned to investigate and make these determinations must do so carefully, since they will have a great effect upon the concerned individuals and their dependents. Investigations are made primarily to provide data for the administration of federal statutes affecting the rights, benefits, and obligations of members of the Armed Forces.

Under specific circumstances, a finding could cause a person to be separated from the Service without entitlements to severance pay. In the case of death, these investigations could lead to findings that would make some person's dependents ineligible for many or all normal benefits. . . . .

Rule 1. Injury or disease proximately caused by the intentional misconduct or willful negligence is not in line of duty. It is due to misconduct. This is a general rule and must be considered in every case in which misconduct or willful negligence appears to be involved.

Rule 2. (regarding criminal activity.)

Rule 3. Injury or disease that results in incapacitation because of the abuse of alcohol and other drugs is not in line of duty. It is due to misconduct.

Rule 4. Injury or disease that results in incapacitation because of the abuse of intoxicating liquor is not in line of duty. It is due to misconduct.

There are twelve rules total.

When thinking about Kelli's situation and the fact that the Army has declared her dead (which seems odd to me), it caused me to think of the reasons why this federal agency would proceed this way. It's possible they found a way around paying any benefits beyond the first year of Kelli's disappearance. It's possible no insurance is being paid out to anybody if they decided the above criteria applies to her situation.

I find this particularly intriguing considering that, according to FB's personnel, Kelli's bar tab was left behind unpaid. I'm not sure why this factor seems unusual to me. Nick claims that Kelli said she was tired and wanted to go home. There'd be no logical reason for her to leave her bar bill unpaid if she prepared to go home. It doesn't make sense. No one has ever implied that Kelli was on a date with Nick - just that he provided rides for patrons who didn't want to drink and drive. As a soldier, Kelli would not want to drink and drive and risk getting a DUI as that would mess up her career track record.

Asking for a ride was meant to be a good choice/decision. I'm not sure how the Army would judge the total scenario though when it came to paying out the big bucks.

Good post. Two words "Bar Owner" at the request of the bar owner the ride

The plot thickens. Usually people aren't declared dead before seven years have gone by. Yet, the Army has made this declaration regarding Kelli after only one year.

In an old Army guide, I found a description for the role of a "Line-of-Duty" officer. This soldier's role is to determine whether an individual's disease or injury was incurred while the person was conducting himself or herself properly in his or her role as a member of the Army. Those assigned to investigate and make these determinations must do so carefully, since they will have a great effect upon the concerned individuals and their dependents. Investigations are made primarily to provide data for the administration of federal statutes affecting the rights, benefits, and obligations of members of the Armed Forces.

Under specific circumstances, a finding could cause a person to be separated from the Service without entitlements to severance pay. In the case of death, these investigations could lead to findings that would make some person's dependents ineligible for many or all normal benefits. . . . .

Rule 1. Injury or disease proximately caused by the intentional misconduct or willful negligence is not in line of duty. It is due to misconduct. This is a general rule and must be considered in every case in which misconduct or willful negligence appears to be involved.

Rule 2. (regarding criminal activity.)

Rule 3. Injury or disease that results in incapacitation because of the abuse of alcohol and other drugs is not in line of duty. It is due to misconduct.

Rule 4. Injury or disease that results in incapacitation because of the abuse of intoxicating liquor is not in line of duty. It is due to misconduct.

There are twelve rules total.

When thinking about Kelli's situation and the fact that the Army has declared her dead (which seems odd to me), it caused me to think of the reasons why this federal agency would proceed this way. It's possible they found a way around paying any benefits beyond the first year of Kelli's disappearance. It's possible no insurance is being paid out to anybody if they decided the above criteria applies to her situation.

I find this particularly intriguing considering that, according to FB's personnel, Kelli's bar tab was left behind unpaid. I'm not sure why this factor seems unusual to me. Nick claims that Kelli said she was tired and wanted to go home. There'd be no logical reason for her to leave her bar bill unpaid if she prepared to go home. It doesn't make sense. No one has ever implied that Kelli was on a date with Nick - just that he provided rides for patrons who didn't want to drink and drive. As a soldier, Kelli would not want to drink and drive and risk getting a DUI as that would mess up her career track record.

Asking for a ride was meant to be a good choice/decision. I'm not sure how the Army would judge the total scenario though when it came to paying out the big bucks.

Sun Drop, what do you mean Bar Owner? Do you think NH told her he owned the bar? Just curious about what you meant. Thanks.

Snipped and bolded by me.

I'm not sure where you gathered Nick provided ride for patrons who didn't want to drink and drive. This was not the case. That's what taxi services were for. The taxi service used to provide rides was not Pointdexter's.

The bar tab is something to ponder, but it's also possible she flat out just forgot about it. Could be just that simple. Regarding Nick, no I don't think Kelli considered it a date. What did Nick consider it? That's the million dollar question. Even if he didn't consider it a date, did he think it would lead to something more? I would suggest that 99% of adult males who are driving an attractive blonde home after a night of drinking, at some point during that time had the thoughts of whether it would lead to something more. The question is, how does that male (Nick in this case) handle it when it doesn't lead to more. Just my two cents.

Snipped and bolded by me.

I'm not sure where you gathered Nick provided ride for patrons who didn't want to drink and drive. This was not the case. That's what taxi services were for. The taxi service used to provide rides was not Pointdexter's.

I'm more confused now then. I thought the van we saw LE taking potential evidence from was a van owned by Pointdexter and used as a taxi service van.

We know that NH did odd jobs around the bar, lived behind it and it's been reported he didn't imbibe frequently so, who better than Nick to provide rides for patrons? Maybe not in a formal way but as a friendly service. Or, Nick may have been a guy Kelli met at the bar (we know this much is true) who she asked to pick her up and take her home.

I've been thinking that her weird text was because she was in the van along with other patron/s which is why she was trying to get out of there as soon as possible. In other words, NH didn't drop her off first so she was stuck in the van while he drove somebody else home before circling back to drop her off second or third. In this context, her texts make more sense. Also this possibility makes more sense regarding LE saying they believe Nick knows more than he's willing to tell. What if Nick doesn't 100 percent know who hurt Kelli but suspects it could be another patron? Obviously, I don't know the details or if this is true.

What exactly was the taxi service that was in place at the time? How did it operate? Who was the driver?

I'm more confused now then. I thought the van we saw LE taking potential evidence from was a van owned by Pointdexter and used as a taxi service van.

We know that NH did odd jobs around the bar, lived behind it and it's been reported he didn't imbibe frequently so, who better than Nick to provide rides for patrons? Maybe not in a formal way but as a friendly service. Or, Nick may have been a guy Kelli met at the bar (we know this much is true) who she asked to pick her up and take her home.

I've been thinking that her weird text was because she was in the van along with other patron/s which is why she was trying to get out of there as soon as possible. In other words, NH didn't drop her off first so she was stuck in the van while he drove somebody else home before circling back to drop her off second or third. In this context, her texts make more sense. Also this possibility makes more sense regarding LE saying they believe Nick knows more than he's willing to tell. What if Nick doesn't 100 percent know who hurt Kelli but suspects it could be another patron? Obviously, I don't know the details or if this is true.

What exactly was the taxi service that was in place at the time? How did it operate? Who was the driver?

The vehicle that evidence was shown being removed from was a taxi owned by Pointdexter. Most of the time that vehicle sat at the bar, unused, or was used by Pointdexter to get around himself when not using his motorcycle.

Nick did not drive it as a livery driver. He and Kelli left together. No one left or returned within about 20 minutes in both directions of the window in which they left.

I don't remember the name of the service the bar used. I know it was always a standard yellow cab. It was not Pointdexters. Patrons were on their own unless the tender thought it was unsafe for them to drive and then that yellow cab service would be called.

Hope that clears it up for you.

The bar tab is something to ponder, but it's also possible she flat out just forgot about it. Could be just that simple. Regarding Nick, no I don't think Kelli considered it a date. What did Nick consider it? That's the million dollar question. Even if he didn't consider it a date, did he think it would lead to something more? I would suggest that 99% of adult males who are driving an attractive blonde home after a night of drinking, at some point during that time had the thoughts of whether it would lead to something more. The question is, how does that male (Nick in this case) handle it when it doesn't lead to more. Just my two cents.

Not if that's the guy's job/agreement/duty with the bar owner.
I don't know but it's a possibility Nick gave rides to people as a service.
The other things he did around the bar have been denied and minimized too.
Understandably, I guess, that the bar owner would want to distance himself from a convicted rso working and living behind his establishment. If Nick isn't guilty, he needs/needed somebody to help him out. After his first crime, that he was convicted for, to no fault of his they released him from prison. Just sayn' - what's he supposed to do? If the bar owner knows him and was trying to give him a break, and nothing bad ever happened again, I don't really fault him. The problem is when something bad happened, everyone's can of worms came crawling out of the woodwork. It's probably safe to say that Nick wasn't the only "bad guy" hanging out at FB.

That said, anyone could be in a bar and be unaware of the owner's background or details about his life. But, FB was more of a club or a private type establishment. The probability is that the majority of the regulars were tighter and knew more personal facts about one another. That means they'd cover or stick up for one another too - not all of them would, at this level of seriousness, but some would imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss
Back