GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just went through some old threads, didn't see anything about the 10 minutes NH being back, I thought I had remembered reading that somewhere, but didn't see it. Still can't belive it has been a year and no Kelli!

I saw that too in the article, but I thought VOH said he did return to the bar that night. A lot of "new" information in that article.

I neither confirmed or declined. But he did not. He did ask.someone to lie about it. They did not.

Don't anyone jump to conclusions based on what I said. There might be more information soon.

I neither confirmed or declined. But he did not. He did ask.someone to lie about it. They did not.

Thank you. I "misremembered" (shades of Cindy Anthony, ugh!). That changes things. And hopeful for new information!

That's a very good and through article. For me, it finally takes the suspicion off of the husband. It sounds like they loved each other but she had a career she wanted to pursue and he was either on board or not. IMO he was on board but from afar for obvious military reasons and distance. It seems he just wasn't as grounded and stable in his path in life and thus questions we had persisted.

I also now feel certain that Nicholas Holbert took her life but the DA has not been confident enough to file charges of murder due to the lack of evidence and her body. Thankfully, there seems to be movement and it seems like an indictment may be in the works.

Fingers crossed for resolution and Justice for Kelli.

Thank you. I "misremembered" (shades of Cindy Anthony, ugh!). That changes things. And hopeful for new information!

I had "misremembered" too. I went back and found the reference to NH returning to the bar "in less than ten minutes". That is what Poindexter told a tv reporter in one story, but when asked about it, VOH only replied that Poindexter wasn't there and only knew what he had been told. Now who told Poindexter that, and why, or even if he was told, who knows, but that is where I think some of us got the idea that NH returned to the bar so soon after supposedly taking Kelli home. That was also one of the things that contributed to me thinking perhaps NH may actually not have had anything to do with Kelli's disappearance. I was one of those that was still keeping an option out on one who can't be sleuthed, but this seemingly new, or at least more detailed info does tend to put NH right back smack in the forefront of 'most likely did it', for me anyway. JMO

Thanks Steve! I think that is what I was recalling! This article def. slants toward NH bring the perp! Hopeful the family will get some answers soon!

A verryy long & hard year for Kelli's family and friends...my thoughts are with them, I'm hoping for a resolution and thinking of Kelli today...

I did not expect that article. wow! I am still digesting.

I believe this is the first we have heard the exact wording on the last 2 texts?

snipped http://fayobserver.com/articles/2013/04/14/1247012?sac=fo.crime
Locklear knows from checking records that two text messages were sent from Kelli's cellphone to a friend shortly after she left the bar. Locklear would not identify that friend.

The first message was sent at 12:46 a.m.

"Oh, well, Nick is driving me home now. I'm going to get out ASAP. Call me."

The last message was sent at 1:24 a.m.

"Got home safe. I'm going to bed, I'm tired and drunk, call me tomorrow."

ETA: I agree with detective & her family, Kelli is likely not the author of that 2nd text...

Thought Voh had said something about NH being back in 10 min it so many threads ago?

I couldn't swear to it, but put me in the camp that thought VOH didn't want to answer that question out of discretion and for the sake of the investigation.

ETA - Sorry. Should have kept reading. Thanks VOH.

That's a very good and through article. For me, it finally takes the suspicion off of the husband. It sounds like they loved each other but she had a career she wanted to pursue and he was either on board or not. IMO he was on board but from afar for obvious military reasons and distance. It seems he just wasn't as grounded and stable in his path in life and thus questions we had persisted.

I also now feel certain that Nicholas Holbert took her life but the DA has not been confident enough to file charges of murder due to the lack of evidence and her body. Thankfully, there seems to be movement and it seems like an indictment may be in the works.

Fingers crossed for resolution and Justice for Kelli.

My thoughts too coldpizza. I hate to sound cold when I say this, but if charges were filed, what is one of the defenses the prosecution would hear? "We don't even know if she's dead." So it goes without saying, the longer she is missing, the stronger the presumption is that she's no longer with us. The more things she misses like the story pointed out (birthdays, holidays, special events, work), the weaker such a defense would be. So, if you're the prosecuting attorney, and you know where NH is and will be for the immediate future, your theory gets stronger and the defense's argument weaker the longer you wait so wait until it's closer to time for him to be released. That is my hope anyways.

I truly hate talking like that. It sounds so cold. But if NH is involved, the best opportunity to find Kelli may be if charges are ultimately brought and a plea deal is worked out, maybe taking the death penalty off the table? Speaking of which, does NC have the death penalty? I just don't know any other way they will find Kelli at this point.

Thanks VOH! But I will tell you, I don't know how not to jump to a conclusion. If he asked someone to lie about his whereabouts to create an alibi, well, that's pretty damning.

The first message was sent at 12:46 a.m.

"Oh, well, Nick is driving me home now. I'm going to get out ASAP. Call me."

The last message was sent at 1:24 a.m.

"Got home safe. I'm going to bed, I'm tired and drunk, call me tomorrow."

Neither Locklear nor Kelli's family believe she sent that final message. They say it's not in her nature and out of character.[/I]

I was hoping I could make sure I read that article right about not only nailing down text messages a bit, but the timeline.

12-12:20 - Kelli leaves the interior of Froggy Bottoms with NH
12:46 - Kelli's text essentially saying HN is driving her now.

I know there was another text, but my immediate question is...what happened in the intervening 26 to 46 minutes? She only lived minutes away. Also, the language in that first text is very odd. "I'm going to get out ASAP." Just don't know that I've heard anyone talk like that. Makes it sound like she definitely didn't want to be in the car with him. Which would be consistent with NH's claim she wanted to be let out because she was "freaked out" about something or whatever that language was. Yes, she was freaked out about you and wanted out....ASAP. Just my very humble opinion but do I have the timeline right or did I misread the article? TIA

My thoughts too coldpizza. I hate to sound cold when I say this, but if charges were filed, what is one of the defenses the prosecution would hear? "We don't even know if she's dead." So it goes without saying, the longer she is missing, the stronger the presumption is that she's no longer with us. The more things she misses like the story pointed out (birthdays, holidays, special events, work), the weaker such a defense would be. So, if you're the prosecuting attorney, and you know where NH is and will be for the immediate future, your theory gets stronger and the defense's argument weaker the longer you wait so wait until it's closer to time for him to be released. That is my hope anyways.

I truly hate talking like that. It sounds so cold. But if NH is involved, the best opportunity to find Kelli may be if charges are ultimately brought and a plea deal is worked out, maybe taking the death penalty off the table? Speaking of which, does NC have the death penalty? I just don't know any other way they will find Kelli at this point.

North Carolina technically does have a death penalty, but there has not been an execution since 2006...this article, though a couple years old, explains why better than I can....btw, there are some thoughts that our new governor and the state legislature will soon clear the way for executions to begin again.

http://www.wral.com/news/state/nccapitol/blogpost/10023407/

I would read the text to mean she's in the car with him and is in a hurry to get out (uncomfortable!) I think she probably did tell him she wanted out, but I doubt he let her. It doesn't make me think they were going in the wrong direction tho

Shame the person she texted never did call her :(

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/one-year-later-ft-bragg-soldier-still-missing/nXMJ9/

Posted: 5:57 a.m. Monday, April 15, 2013

RALEIGH, N.C. — One year after a Fort Bragg soldier disappeared, police still have no new leads.

kelli-bordeaux_031.jpg

I wish we had a few more of her texts, so we could better figure out what the 1st one meant. I wonder if they reference NH like he is creeping her out, or what.

I would read the text to mean she's in the car with him and is in a hurry to get out (uncomfortable!) I think she probably did tell him she wanted out, but I doubt he let her. It doesn't make me think they were going in the wrong direction tho

Shame the person she texted never did call her :(

bbm: me too! :eek:

She also put his entire name in that text for a reason imhoo

bbm: me too! :eek:

She also put his entire name in that text for a reason imhoo

very good point about her putting his name in the text.

i don't see how that first text can be read any other way than her making an attempt to let someone know what was going on. i'd be interested in whether she texted this person because they had been texting all night or if she tried to think of the person most likely to be up and reading text messages at that point -- my point is it sounds to me like she was really hoping someone would call her while she was in the car with nh.

it makes me think maybe things were getting weird in the car with nh, but not to the point where she didn't have access to her phone or where she was ready to jump out of a moving car (one of those situations where you're not sure whether to make a big deal out of something or not). i think by the time she knew things were bad it was too late.

i also wish we knew the chain of texts prior to the first one. she starts with "oh, well,....." as though she was responding to something previous. that could definitely change the intent of the message if we knew what was said prior.

also, reedus brings up a good point that the 26 - 46 minutes between leaving the bar and the first text could very well hold the answers to where she is located. i'm sure le has a triangulation from both texts but the problem is no one knew she was missing for over a day. that's a ton of time for her to be almost anywhere.

I wish we had a few more of her texts, so we could better figure out what the 1st one meant. I wonder if they reference NH like he is creeping her out, or what.

It could have been his personality sure - but his car was disgusting... I mean he was living out of it. Think about the stuff he had in there. It was filthy, unsanitary by any means, and smelled. That could have been one of the reasons she wanted out. Just my opinion.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mt.Grannie
Back