GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The show only lasted about 48 minutes, excluding commercials. I've watched it twice, and I thought they did a pretty good job, especially after the 2nd viewing. They had to tell the story of who, what, when where at the beginning, and they did, especially for those totally unfamiliar with the case.

They covered Locklear, who was certainly local & a good, smart law enforcement officer, IMO. They did show and explain the large number of searchers that were involved -- they didn't say how many, many hours those folks devoted to the searches and how frequent they were and how long a period of time the searches went on -- yes, I'm sure some of those folks are feeling a bit unsung because they gave up doing other things to participate, and they really put in some mileage tromping in those woods & getting scratched & bug bitten, probably sore, and just plain tired and discouraged.

They had to cover her family a bit, and they did that as best they could. They had to cover the military side a bit, and they did. And they had to cover the other possible suspects, and they did. They had to cover Nick & his past, and they did. And they had to cover Marshburn, and they did.

When you count up all those "had-to's" you see a pretty long list for those few minutes per each area. I think it was pretty well done. Two hours would have been too long for some viewers, IMO, but that would have allowed more on each area, plus it would have allowed for more local coverage as well.

That's speaking from outsider. Locklear did a poor job, not ever attempting to interview or contacting Nick after the initial interview after Kelli disappeared.
PI didn't work alone as he claimed but that other person was never mentioned. DA threat of the death penalty was not why nick entered a plea otherwise it wouldn't have taken 17 months after body was found.

And the main search team who worked on the case for 2 years often in 100 degree weather and who kept Kelli's face in the media were snubbed by the show.

Just finished watching it. They picked an interesting POV, telling the story from the PIs view.

The family focus is always appreciated. The lead detective is also an important component in these shows. The visuals of seeing where she was buried and how remote really drove that home.

I suspect there's some jealousy happening in this case from sour grapes being shared. The thing is, 48 Hours is just one show.

Anyone can tell their version of this story. Write an article or a book. Do a podcast or create a video. The Internet allows anyone to tell a story and get it out far & wide. If there's information that can greatly supplement the story or if there's a different angle to the story then tell it! 48 Hours is not the only path to talking about this crime.

Most well-known murder cases have at least 2 books written about them in addition to the various TV newsmagazine shows. There's plenty of room in this case, IMO.

National TV is better than a podcast

There's more to the PI initial involvement which was never mentioned. Major factual information was omitted to paint a sweet picture of the case. For example, a group of searchers were denied access to the exact same area 1 1/2 years before Kelli was found.

There was no trickery involved between PI and Nick, Nick knew what type of work the PI did and he knew exactly what information the PI wanted, so there was no hunt for anything because the answer was riding in the SUV with the PI.

National TV is better than a podcast

There's more to the PI initial involvement which was never mentioned. Major factual information was omitted to paint a sweet picture of the case. For example, a group of searchers were denied access to the exact same area 1 1/2 years before Kelli was found.

There was no trickery involved between PI and Nick, Nick knew what type of work the PI did and he knew exactly what information the PI wanted, so there was no hunt for anything because the answer was riding in the SUV with the PI.
A book is better than a 42 min broadcast. A book doesn’t have to be limited in length. A book can include as many characters and people involved as the author wants. A book can take the time to go far into details without needing a commercial break. And nowadays, a book can be self-published, not needing anyone else's approval or their editorial rules.

If you have a story to tell, then tell it!

"If you don't like the news, go out and make some of your own!" - Wes Fiskar

I agree because I have written 5 books. However, family would never agree to a book unless PI has it done, family hindered a lot of searches

Thanks

A book doesn’t need the approval or permission of the family. It's nice when approval is given, but plenty of true crime books have no blessing.

As long as someone wants to write and tell their story from the information they know or have obtained, they can.

The location is private property.
The owner refused to allow searches of the property and, I guess, didn't care to search the property either.
Therefore, the efforts of the search teams and eventually the individuals who never gave up searching were hindered.
Especially, considering sundrop points out the location is not remote.
It is difficult to understand why the property owner was unwilling to help find Kelli.
The property was easy enough for NH to access.
It is a shame the location was blocked from being searched from the getgo.

I agree because I have written 5 books. However, family would never agree to a book unless PI has it done, family hindered a lot of searches

Thanks

Family hindered a lot of searches? Are you willing to elaborate?

Do you think that the PI gave him the coke to loosen him up to tell him?!?

Say what?
Is coke a truth serum? Imo liquor loosens people up but NH claimed he gave up drinking. Today, I wouldn't believe he was successful at giving anything up.
Anyway, coke could be used to befriend or promote trust but wouldn't be a legal tactic.
Where or when was coke mentioned? I missed it.

In the plea hearing judge asked Nick when was the last time he used alcohol and drugs and Nick replied the day before the body was found,which was Tuesday May 13th. This is the same day he confessed to PI behind the bar. PI said it was a lie about the drugs but who knows.

It took 17 months to get a plea

Isn't everyone who followed Kelli's case glad she's been found?
Imo that's the most important factor - not who gets credit for what.
Clearly Marshburn deserves credit though.
Without him, she'd still be laying where she was found.

On a side note, Holbert's car didn't provide forensic evidence apparently.
No DNA was found because the car was so dirty and contained a lot of trash.

Also, the articles and contents of shows make it clear LE looked into several suspects - not NH alone.
The estranged husband lied about the status of their relationship which causes most people to wonder what other stuff he might be lying about.
Don't perpetuate the false picture that all was hunky-dory between them because it was not. Kelli's mom considered those circumstances too (stated within article).

Why do we care if NH was doing drugs or not?
If doing drugs helped him to confess Kelli's location, then who cares?
If a confession without a body, then drugs may become an issue.
Not relevant in this case.

I can tell you from direct personal information that family claimed all long they were working it out even pictures just 10 days before she disappeared were happy. I also have personal emails. You can't believe newspapers especially Fayetteville Observer.

Police looked at 2 other suspects for about 2 days after their abilis checked out.

The investigation was a joke, there wasn't an investigation

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971