GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am also really curious about the immediately preceding texts now too. What they said and when they occurred. The first released text starts off oddly as I recall. Shame on me for not going back right now and reading it again, but as I recall it starts off "Oh, well,..." as if it's a continuation of a conversation. It would seem to me to be a strange way to either start a conversation with that person or continue a conversation with that same person if the last text sent to that person had been hours before. I'm trying to think of a scenario of where I'd start off a sentence "Oh, well,..." Help me out. If the person just asked me how I'm getting home? Or if I had left yet? I suppose so. So the question nagging at me is were those kind of texts sent immediately before that first released one.

"Oh well" is like,
Oh well, the store is closed, so I guess I'll have to come back tomorrow.
Or, Oh well, you didn't show up so I'll be getting a ride home from Nick.
Or, Oh well, I thought this might work out but I guess it's not going to afterall.

synonyms of C'est la vie (it is written): it is fated, it's in the cards, oh well, que sera sera, such is life, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Like you pointed out, we'd have to know the full context of the texts.

Oh well, to me, is like you're accepting something like, for instance, the dress doesn't fit anymore, oh well. Or something more extreme like, oh well, he doesn't love me anymore. Or, I tried everything I can think of to remove this stain from my grandmother's tablecloth but nothing was successful. Oh well, I tried my best! (I'm resigned, I accept that it will be there forever).

Could she have waited for somebody who never showed up?

i dunno, i'm an average drinker but i'd be on the floor if i had four shots and four beers in four hours.

I don't drink anymore but back in the day, mixing drinks would always do me in.
Otherwise, I could hold a lot of beer or wine. Come to think of it though - even eight beers or eight wines would be a lot for a small woman within that timeframe. It's the beer and the shots together, in a small body, that sounds particularly ominous to me though.

How many drinks or how much $$ was her unpaid bill? That should indicate how many she bought at least, how drunk she may or may not have been. Husband says she doesnt really drink much.

Edit, just read post on prev page, 4 shots, 4 beers. Who's account is that? Didn't others say that she didn't appear to be drunk?

Also was the husband aware of her renewed relationship with Justin?

Her tab was under $30. I'm thinking $28 but info was given that she ordered four shots and four beers (going from memory).

Also she had mentioned to her mom in a phone conversation that she was going out and was going to drink (iirc 'get drunk').

Just thinking back to my 20's days... 4 beer and 4 shots over 4 hours, sure a buzz, but drunk, definitely not. To a nondrinker, it would surely seem a lot. But to someone who is accustomed to a partying lifestyle, she would be feeling good, but certainly able to function. Certainly able to pay her tab. I know she was/ is a small girl, but someone used to going out and having "fun" in the clubs, the amount she drank wouldn't have been what Would be considered drunk. I would really be questioning why her tab wasn't paid.... Seems like things were fine 1 moment and then they weren't. Being homeless and not a big income, kind of doubting NH had access to ghb , wondering if someone else did?

A verryy long & hard year for Kelli's family and friends...my thoughts are with them, I'm hoping for a resolution and thinking of Kelli today...

I did not expect that article. wow! I am still digesting.

I believe this is the first we have heard the exact wording on the last 2 texts?

snipped http://fayobserver.com/articles/2013/04/14/1247012?sac=fo.crime

ETA: I agree with detective & her family, Kelli is likely not the author of that 2nd text...

Wait, the text says "Oh, well, . . ." ~ that's not exactly "Oh well", is it?

Oh, sounds as if it could be a response to some info and then, well, meaning - in that case?

"Oh, well, Nick is driving me home now." (There's more.) I'm going to get out asap. call me.
Makes no sense. I'm going to get out asap. ummmm. Unless it's code for I can't wait to get out of his car. Why else would you text that? It's a given that you would get out as soon as you arrive to your destination. Who did she want to call her? It still could translate that somebody told her they wouldn't be showing up. So she replied, "Oh. Well Nick is driving me home now (anyway). But she's going to leave his presence as soon as she is able. Asap? Does that mean it wasn't possible for her to get out? Because you use that phrase when you mean as soon as you are able or as soon as you can you'll make it a priority. Why wasn't it possible for her to get out at 12:46? Was she trapped? But still able to text? (just thinking out loud)

Get out of the bar or the car? If she left the interior of the bar shortly after midnight, and wasn't seen after that, she must be referring to a vehicle.

Oh, well,
Oh, someone is one their way? well, Nick is driving me home now. (like she's already on her way home but will arrive home very soon.) Wouldn't you say, I'll be home in about five minutes? Not, I'm getting out ASAP. Call me.

How is the asap written. - let me look.
ASAP, capital letters. Then, call me.

Is it difficult to switch to all caps when texting? I mean, is that an extra effort that makes sense if you've been drinking? Could that be like sounding an alarm?

Just thinking back to my 20's days... 4 beer and 4 shots over 4 hours, sure a buzz, but drunk, definitely not. To a nondrinker, it would surely seem a lot. But to someone who is accustomed to a partying lifestyle, she would be feeling good, but certainly able to function. Certainly able to pay her tab. I know she was/ is a small girl, but someone used to going out and having "fun" in the clubs, the amount she drank wouldn't have been what Would be considered drunk. I would really be questioning why her tab wasn't paid.... Seems like things were fine 1 moment and then they weren't. Being homeless and not a big income, kind of doubting NH had access to ghb , wondering if someone else did?

I'm not sure about the alcohol factor - someone who knows her well may have a better idea about that. Also take into consideration they didn't serve food at FB. She may have eaten a hearty dinner but we don't know. Also depends if she drank each pairing at the top of the hour or if she drank two and then two more close together. It's hard to say.

There are lots of shots that only contain a (relatively) small amount of alcohol and are mixed with juices, etc. I do think that without specific info on what she drank and how much she was accustomed to drinking, it's hard to determine if she would have been obviously drunk after 4 shots and 4 beers.
As for the GHB, it's a pretty cheap drug, and without sounding rude, I'm sure that NH being homeless only increased his street connections. Maybe the owner of FB payed for it and was in cahoots with NH?
Just bouncing ideas...

http://www.wncn.com/story/22035967/fayetteville-police-seek-man-on-sex-assault-charge

Look at this dude. Wanted for an attack with an axe and sexual assault.
Last lived on Yale Street. I found a Gale Street (near Cross Creek Cemetery)not far off of Ramsey, but can't find a Yale Street.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&g...ei=GJN0UYbROMuvqwHNsoCIDg&sqi=2&ved=0CJgBELYD

There are lots of shots that only contain a (relatively) small amount of alcohol and are mixed with juices, etc. I do think that without specific info on what she drank and how much she was accustomed to drinking, it's hard to determine if she would have been obviously drunk after 4 shots and 4 beers.
As for the GHB, it's a pretty cheap drug, and without sounding rude, I'm sure that NH being homeless only increased his street connections. Maybe the owner of FB payed for it and was in cahoots with NH?
Just bouncing ideas...

Welcome to Websleuths!

Supposedly the owner was out of town with his gf. We have to trust (I hope) that the police checked that the info he gave them is true. Still, based on early reports, he claimed NH had returned to the bar shortly after dropping Kelli off. If he was out of town, that would be considered hearsay because how would he be able to vouch for NH if he wasn't even there that night. So either someone told him that, and he believed that person, or he protected NH of his own accord.

I agree, we can't rule out that Kelli may have been drugged.

I think every person in that bar that night needs to be looked at not just NH

I would bet they have all been questioned. How would you propose they are involved if she was last known to be with Nick and away from the bar? Do you think someone followed them from the bar? Do you think someone knew where she lived and beat them to her place and was waiting for her? At this point, I would have to say those options, while anything is possible, are slim to none at this point.

With the more info that has come out, I would have to say I'm 95% convinced NH is involved. I'll leave a 5% chance that a stranger abducted her between Nick's car and her apartment.

Get out of the bar or the car? If she left the interior of the bar shortly after midnight, and wasn't seen after that, she must be referring to a vehicle.

Oh, well,
Oh, someone is one their way? well, Nick is driving me home now. (like she's already on her way home but will arrive home very soon.) Wouldn't you say, I'll be home in about five minutes? Not, I'm getting out ASAP. Call me.

How is the asap written. - let me look.
ASAP, capital letters. Then, call me.

Is it difficult to switch to all caps when texting? I mean, is that an extra effort that makes sense if you've been drinking? Could that be like sounding an alarm?

Bbm

I think she had iPhone. I have one. If u type ASAP in lower case it converts to upper case - automatically, so either way it becomes "ASAP "

I would bet they have all been questioned. How would you propose they are involved if she was last known to be with Nick and away from the bar? Do you think someone followed them from the bar? Do you think someone knew where she lived and beat them to her place and was waiting for her? At this point, I would have to say those options, while anything is possible, are slim to none at this point.

With the more info that has come out, I would have to say I'm 95% convinced NH is involved. I'll leave a 5% chance that a stranger abducted her between Nick's car and her apartment.

Well think about it! Pretty girl alone in a bar. What are the odds she would really have to pay for her own drinks? Hey this one one is on so and so and this one is on that guy at the end of the bar. Who was she talking to? Who was paying her more attention than any of the others.
I have to say If NH was giving her problems I don't think she would have gone home with him. He is the perfect person to blame this on but here is a question???? Were any of these other patrons Sex offenders also? NH is the only name we have. What are the odds?

Yes I do think someone knew where she lived and I don't think it was NH.
Was someone supposed to meet her at that bar that night. She was dressed to impress someone.

I think NH was handed to us on a silver platter and im not so sure he is responsible. Sure he very well could be but I do think there would be some evidence.

JMO

I wonder if NH took a poly?

All LE says is that they think he knows more than he is telling.

The new info that Kelli left the "interior of the bar" not long after midnight has me scratching my head too. The other night I was too tired to post any more thoughts.

An idea that comes to mind is that Kelli and NH went out back to smoke (I don't believe Kelli would smoke pot due to the random testing given by the Army). Early in the case, VOH confirmed that the barrels were lit Friday night (if I'm wrong about this, I'll take my lashings!). Now, does that mean that LE has determined, through interviews with the FB patrons, that the last time Kelli was observed in or around the bar was shortly after midnight? If so, we can probably conclude that someone else sent both texts. The texts sound off imo. Her trouble may have begun shortly after midnight.

Plus, if it's true that Nick picked her up at her apartment (we never pinned that down before), then dropping her off where he said he did doesn't make sense either (unless that's where he picked her up too). Where he picked her up was never part of his story. He said he figured she didn't want him to know where she lived exactly and that she seemed 'spooked'. From that, many of us thought she may have seen a familiar vehicle and didn't want to be seen in Nick's car. Yet (see below), if he used the taxi, why would she have the need to hide from anybody?

Wasn't it her old boss and friend (the one who is married) one of the people she was texting Friday night? But he said that he didn't get a text back and at some point the next day he tried to call her, text her, etc. Then, there was another character too, Justin. He was a former bf who Kelli may have picked up with again shortly before she disappeared. There was something about him having concert tickets Friday night but he had been in touch with her too. So, who received the last two texts? Both texts requested that the person call her. Did the person call her? If not early Saturday morning, sometime on Saturday and then again on Sunday? How rare is it that he couldn't reach her? Who received those texts? Why weren't they alarmed sooner when they were unable to contact her? I mean, even if she didn't type the texts, why wasn't that person trying to reach her constantly over the weekend?

The only answer I can come up with to my question above is; if the person who sent the texts, is the same person who received the texts. Does anybody else think it's strange that whoever that is, he didn't contact anybody sooner inquiring about Kelli's whereabouts? Afterall, her family and friends knew she was living alone at the time. This perplexing lack of action is what keeps me from believing 100 percent that NH is the perp. How would NH know who to text and why is it a secret who she texted at 12:-- a.m. and again at 1:-- a.m.? Who would that person be? It should be her husband but, no. ????? Mom, no. Sister, no. Girlfriend, no. Love interest, yes. Best friend, yes. (imo, not your male best friend who's married tho.) So, if the married person received the last two texts, (but I don't think he did), NH could have sent off the last two texts to the last person Kelli had texted earlier in the evening. NH might not realize how odd that would appear to others later. It might also explain why that person kept trying to reach her over the weekend though (as per the info he gave during a TV interview). What if she sent the texts to her boyfriend? What could that mean? Still, the language used in the texts is off. If I had received them, I'd be eager and then desperate to reach my friend asap on Saturday, right?

Another bit of information I can't seem to shake off, is that Kelli, a petite woman at just over 100 lbs.?, drank heavily that night. Iirc, she had four shots and four beers - is that right? SHE DIDN'T PAY HER BILL BEFORE GOING HOME. In the latest article, they state that Kelli was picked up at 8:00 p.m. If she stepped outside just after midnight, that's under four hours of drinking time, maybe only three, if she began feeling sick earlier and had already stopped. And what if someone put something in one of her drinks? She may have gotten sick or even died and a cover-up ensued (involving the owner and NH). LE took evidence from the back of that van and we've never heard anything about the results. No one can say for sure if NH used the van which is a taxi. It would make sense that the taxi was used to transport patrons at risk for DUI from the owner's bars. That would benefit the owner as he didn't want to draw attention to his "club" due to someone leaving drunk and having a wreck. It makes sense that NH would be enlisted as a driver and would make better sense as to why Kelli used him as a ride to begin with (versus meeting him once or twice at FB and then randomly asking him to pick her up - not her type imo!) The use of the van would also fit into LE's request if the public saw anything that may seem normal but mean something to them between midnight and 12:30 a.m. (A drunk woman or large package being loaded into the back of the van.) Also, this theory fits with LE's comment that they believe NH knows much more about what happened to Kelli than what he's told them.

- Kelli did not smoke.
- The Pointdexter's taxi was hardly ever used. It was more advertisement than anything else. When people were to drunk to drive, other local taxi companies were called to pick the people up.
-My understanding is the person she was texting could not get in touch with her all weekend, was worried, and did try to bring it to other's attention prior to Monday morning.

I do believe NH was involved, but I do not think he acted alone. And please correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it implied that she was good friends with the owner of FB, even though he had a girlfriend? Was the gf jealous in any way of Kelli? Could SHE have been involved? Do we know if the owner of FB and his gf have a solid alibi? Other than one another? Receipts for a hotel room? Credit cards being used while they were out of town? I honestly believe that the police are working the case and following up on the leads, but it's clear there's still a lot of unknown information. I think if NH acted alone then something would have directly pointed to him by now.
*I'm just tossing around ideas here, not accusing the gf by any means considering I can find very little info on her

Come to think of it, the fact that the owner of FB is the one who told LE that Kelli's bill was still in the unpaid pile on Saturday, sort of negates that he has full knowledge about what happened to her. If he knew she met foul play in or at his bar, why would he draw attention to her unpaid bill? Unless other witnesses knew too and they would be suspicious if he kept that fact hidden from LE. :banghead:
If NH did something to Kelli that caused her death, he may have forgotten about Kelli's unpaid bill. On the other hand, if he had the money, why wouldn't he have paid it to make it look as if everything was normal before he left to drive her home?
Logically, when you're ready to go home, you pay your bill before you walk out the door. So did Kelli walk out the door after midnight intending to go back inside the bar but never made it back inside? The unpaid bill would suggest that she did. Whatever happened to Kelli, may be the result of NH losing control of himself. After he did whatever he did, he didn't think about her unpaid bill. We believe NH didn't return to the bar until Saturday afternoon, right? By that time, other people who worked at the bar, noticed Kelli had left the night/morning before without paying her bill.
Upon seeing NH on Saturday, someone may have mentioned to him, 'Kelli didn't pay her bill last night.' NH may have replied, 'Oh, she was pretty drunk so that's probably why.' Yet, no one reported early on that Kelli seemed drunk when she left the bar.
Heck, when a theory sounds good, I keep finding reasons not to believe it, because, the next thought that enters my mind, doesn't match up with everything we've heard from the beginning.

That was what was on THE tab for the night. Kelli was not drunk. She may have been buzzed, but she wasn't slurring her words. She was able to walk straight. She wasn't cross eyed. She wasn't falling on herself. She was able to sing just fine. She was able to hold normal conversation. She didn't "forget" to pay her tab, and it wasn't a "I'll pay it next time" thing.

I've said it before, but Froggy's was a hobby for SC. He cut regulars off when they reached the $500 mark approximately. He wasn't worried about a $30 tab, that's for sure. I'm sure there was an inquiry as to how much she drank and how she paid for it for SC to say throw that information out there. Or maybe that was the only info he truly had.

I still think someone could have been there waiting for her.

I do believe NH was involved, but I do not think he acted alone. And please correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it implied that she was good friends with the owner of FB, even though he had a girlfriend? Was the gf jealous in any way of Kelli? Could SHE have been involved? Do we know if the owner of FB and his gf have a solid alibi? Other than one another? Receipts for a hotel room? Credit cards being used while they were out of town? I honestly believe that the police are working the case and following up on the leads, but it's clear there's still a lot of unknown information. I think if NH acted alone then something would have directly pointed to him by now.
*I'm just tossing around ideas here, not accusing the gf by any means considering I can find very little info on her

Idk where you heard she was good friends with SC. It's not true. I do not believe SC's gf was involved in anyway. She was very disturbed by everything that came from this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back