Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
VOH
Does Nick have a girlfriend/boyfriend or Significant other that you have ever seen him with or that he has spoken of with you in passing?

I am just trying to establish the frame of mind he is in right now. Since you don't feel he is going to be back at Froggy's, its obviously "out" in the town about his RSO status, and he is implicated in a case of missing person. I am trying to figure out the different stressors in his life right now. He seems awful complacent to me for someone who has so much going on in his life. Not to mention his home/tent has been essentially evicted.

To my knowledge Nick does not have a significant other.

IMO, he should be in jail right now being an RSO and not registering his new address!

Part of me wonders if the tent/car he was living in would be a perfect place for a rapist to live and not get caught. I mean, think about it?? It really makes me wonder. If it comes out that he is guilty, he just may be responsible for the others. Another thing is that I have recently studied child molesters in school "forensic psychology". The average child molester is actually married with kids and in their 30's. Crazy but true. They are driven by power and control. So they can definitely be attracted to adults. Especially tiny ones that they can control and have power over.

The reason I say I cannot answer is because I cannot answer for one reason or another. The reason could be because I do not know. The reason could be because I do not want to compromise the case in any way (I believe the police release information and withhold information for a reason), because I do not want to violate any friendships or relationships of trust, because it will reveal my association to the case. It is just easiest for me to state I cannot answer than divulge why. However, I am willing to go back through and clarify things as it comes out or once the case is solved.

An example is when I inquired about the facebook. I knew about Kelli's phone being turned back on, but I did not want to divulge because it would be a violation of friendship and potentially harmful to the case. However, once it was on the news, I was a bit revealed. I wanted to tell you guys so bad!

All I can say is, whoever and whatever you are in Kelli's case, you are one GOOD and SOLID friend. Bless you.

I am glad to see you were defensive over the motorcycle club. I was just curious if they still considered it "their" bar. I am (lets just say) learned in the ways of motorcycle clubs and know that they will take something such as this disappearance very serious and personal if they were their that night and are used to protecting the patrons.... It sounds to me like Froggy's is a very tight knit little bar with patrons that care. And with that said if the club members are another tight knit group that visits the tight knit bar, then I can see they are probably beside themselves right now.

It is still their bar. They are the dominant club at the bar.

I can say that this club was represented on Friday night.

Apologies in advance (Sorry Nursie!) for not having the link handy to the video, as I am still searching for it.

In scanning news articles via Google yesterday, one outlet did have an interview with a Male friend of Kelli's from work that often hung out with her. He'd texted her early Friday, then again around midday, but hadn't heard from her afterwards and found it odd because she usually got a response within an hour. Later in the w/e he checked Facebook, noted her sister's pleas and only then discovered she was missing.

He seemed to be a decent gent. Late 20's, early 30s, his wife also became friends with Kelli over time. Echoed many other statements in MSM that Kelli was very responsible. I'll try to find the video, as perhaps he is one of the other male friends LE are speaking with.

As for the hubby, I'm going to hope that since the Orlando Sentinel reported that he was indeed in FL with his Dad, that it is true. With all that the Sentinel learned during Caylee's case, I'm hoping that they learned enough to fact check before printing. (Get Kathi B on this to check it out!)

Also, possibly hubby has been well advised to avoid press & public comments, to avoid muddying up the LE tip line with white rabbit sightings. We've all seen how focus on wrong POI can lead investigations astray. I didn't catch any negative vibes about hubby in any of the family's comments thus far, so I'm in the camp that thinks suspicion of him is a non-starter at this point.

Mad props to Kelli's brother Matt for the way he handled the presser. He kept it in control, and guided the press very well to ensure that focus stayed on the family's message to find Kelli and keep her front & center, not speculation. Very well done. I hope he continues as family PR person. He had the cojones to stand his ground for his sister's best interests.

I wouldn't want to be the POI when charges get laid. I doubt Kelli's unit will take kindly to someone messing with one of their own. Nope.

I have not noticed as of yet, has anyone made a map marking the different locations...Such as Froggy's, her apt, the pond that was searched yesterday ...etc? If so may I please have a link? TIA

Apologies in advance (Sorry Nursie!) for not having the link handy to the video, as I am still searching for it.

In scanning news articles via Google yesterday, one outlet did have an interview with a Male friend of Kelli's from work that often hung out with her. He'd texted her early Friday, then again around midday, but hadn't heard from her afterwards and found it odd because she usually got a response within an hour. Later in the w/e he checked Facebook, noted her sister's pleas and only then discovered she was missing.

He seemed to be a decent gent. Late 20's, early 30s, his wife also became friends with Kelli over time. Echoed many other statements in MSM that Kelli was very responsible. I'll try to find the video, as perhaps he is one of the other male friends LE are speaking with.

As for the hubby, I'm going to hope that since the Orlando Sentinel reported that he was indeed in FL with his Dad, that it is true. With all that the Sentinel learned during Caylee's case, I'm hoping that they learned enough to fact check before printing. (Get Kathi B on this to check it out!)

Also, possibly hubby has been well advised to avoid press & public comments, to avoid muddying up the LE tip line with white rabbit sightings. We've all seen how focus on wrong POI can lead investigations astray. I didn't catch any negative vibes about hubby in any of the family's comments thus far, so I'm in the camp that thinks suspicion of him is a non-starter at this point.

Mad props to Kelli's brother Matt for the way he handled the presser. He kept it in control, and guided the press very well to ensure that focus stayed on the family's message to find Kelli and keep her front & center, not speculation. Very well done. I hope he continues as family PR person. He had the cojones to stand his ground for his sister's best interests.

I wouldn't want to be the POI when charges get laid. I doubt Kelli's unit will take kindly to someone messing with one of their own. Nope.

This may be the video -
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1570329455001/new-details-in-case-of-missing-fort-bragg-soldier

From my experience in the military when you first do not show up for muster if you are a decent soldier the company commander tries to handle it "in house".He calls your house and talks to everyone in the company to try to locate you before he reports you U/A(unauthorized absence,you are considered AWOL after thirty days)I see in the missing persons report that the military filed the Froggy bottom is listed.So someone in her company must have been with her that night or was the one she was texting.

This. When I was in (over 20 yrs ago!), this is how an unexplained absence was handled. Nobody wanted to hand out severe punishment to a GI who simply overslept, was hungover, etc.. Though I was assigned to a hospital, so things were pretty laid back.

Just so you all know, I will be going to Froggy's tonight. Several regulars have posted on FB that they will be there tonight. I will keep you all informed, and if possible, I can try to log in from my phone.

Agree. In my experience, many active and veteran service members are avid cycle fans, particularly in Fort Bragg area which offers nice road rides. It's a shame that the word 'biker' is so often interpreted with negative connotations. Bet many of those gents served the country well and honourably.

That's why you have to differentiate.
The guy I've known since childhood - from Sunday school and elementary school - became an Outlaw biker. I haven't a clue how that happened and he's out of it now (don't know how that happened either) but still rides. To me, he's just a guy but I think he experienced his own kind of combat iykwim.

An example is when I inquired about the facebook. I knew about Kelli's phone being turned back on, but I did not want to divulge because it would be a violation of friendship and potentially harmful to the case. However, once it was on the news, I was a bit revealed. I wanted to tell you guys so bad!

Right! I recall the gent mentioning the phone being turned back on, in the interview I mentioned above. He'd been trying to call every 1.5 hour or so for the past few days and the phone went straight to vm. Then he noted it had been turned back on and had rung. At the time, I surmised that LE had gotten Kelli's phone and subsequently charged it up to review texts, etc. Good point.

I very much respect your approach thus far to this VOH. It is evident that you're scouring for additional insights, (and perhaps support), while not crossing inappropriate boundaries.

VOH, are these bikers like regular guys who are in a biker club for sport? Versus like Hell's Angels types? I've known both in my life and know the difference. You don't sound like someone cut from the HA cloth if ya know what I mean.

Just an FYI, I got steel steer. :rocker:

Right! I recall the gent mentioning the phone being turned back on, in the interview I mentioned above. He'd been trying to call every 1.5 hour or so for the past few days and the phone went straight to vm. Then he noted it had been turned back on and had rung. At the time, I surmised that LE had gotten Kelli's phone and subsequently charged it up to review texts, etc. Good point.

I very much respect your approach thus far to this VOH. It is evident that you're scouring for additional insights, (and perhaps support), while not crossing inappropriate boundaries.

wonder how they got her phone? You would think she had it with her when she was supposedly being dropped off.

did they 'find' it?

This guy on the fox link is the guy who called her phone a second time and it was on.

From my experience in the military when you first do not show up for muster if you are a decent soldier the company commander tries to handle it "in house".He calls your house and talks to everyone in the company to try to locate you before he reports you U/A(unauthorized absence,you are considered AWOL after thirty days)I see in the missing persons report that the military filed the Froggy bottom is listed.So someone in her company must have been with her that night or was the one she was texting.

You may be right but I don't think it's a given.
She didn't show up to work and when they couldn't find her they figured out the best they could where she was last seen/heard from. I don't think anybody from 'work' necessarily had to have been with her for the missing person report to be filed by somebody in her chain of command.

wonder how they got her phone? You would think she had it with her when she was supposedly being dropped off.

did they 'find' it?

If we believe his story. I am made to think LE has it. Ususally wouldnt they answer it though? I guess i have watched too many of the first 48. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GFinder