GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone else had it, the police would have located it or will very shortly after this. Perhaps, the phone itself has not been found, but the number has been transferred to a new phone by the police.

Gotcha! :)

okay.. am I loosing my mind (no one answer that LOL)

was the phone found? I don't recall that?

well, we know 'someone' stated that a text was found on it stating she was home. soooo, I assume LE has it.

If someone else had it, the police would have located it or will very shortly after this. Perhaps, the phone itself has not been found, but the number has been transferred to a new phone by the police.

That would be my first guess. I wouldn't assume police found her actual phone. A caller hearing a ringing on their end does not mean the phone is in someone's possession per se. It could be that or it could be something the cell company did settings-wise to allow police to track whoever might be calling KB's phone number. Or like VOH surmised it could be her number was transferred to a different cell phone.

I wouldn't assume anything either way.

well, we know 'someone' stated that a text was found on it stating she was home. soooo, I assume LE has it.

no, I take that back...LE could have found that out by asking the cell company.

Good Friday afternoon folks. I've been peddling fast to get through all your good and insightful posts. Add my thanks to VOH for your responses and details while upholding confidentiality.

Couple things come to mind..... the phone. Humm. We believe the phone was with KB at the time she left Froggys. Someone is aware it has gone from status of OFF to status of back ON (Ringing to VM). Must conclude it is in someone's possession and if it is with LE, then it was found... Where? When? - that would be very important to know. If still unfound, them may be in someone else's possession.

I do not recall whether this has been asked or addressed; but if anyone knows... chime in. Is it known whether any other individual from Fort Bragg went on the AWOL status Monday or Tuesday? Is there any public way to find out? Just a thought.

I thought it was "someone" stating they had received a txt from KB saying she had arrived home safely. LE can look at that person's cell phone to see the received txt. They can get the cell company to check their records to see if there's phone activity that matches.

Just a few questions for VOH...

1) Was KB actually seen leaving the bar?

2) Was she seen leaving with NH?

3) Did anyone see her in the parking lot, or getting into NH's car?

4) Did she have a purse or wallet with her? We know she had her cell phone w/her.

5) How are the motorcycle guys who frequent Froggies taking this? I imagine they feel protective about the female patrons and she was such a bitty thing. Big scary looking dudes but probably marshmellow soft insides for women & kids.

1) Yes
2) I cannot answer this
3) I cannot answer this
4) No.
5) I will report on this later. But yes most of them are.

Nah, Bee, we're just running scenarios on why phone is now ringing Pretty sure that what mind you had left is still intact. I think. :seeya:

Based on MSM interview with her friend - and VOH - who state that the phone is ringing now, yet appeared to be going straight to vm earlier, it either got turned back on, recharged, or as VOH wisely suggested, LE might have swapped the number out to a new phone. All possible. Which one probable?

I thought it was "someone" stating they had received a txt from KB saying she had arrived home safely. LE can look at that person's cell phone to see the received txt. They can get the cell company to check their records to see if there's phone activity that matches.

ur right..I lost my train of thought there for a minute.

anyway, we still don't know if the phone has been found.

I have not heard that the phone was found. I think the confusion is coming from the interview from her old boss/friend from FL that did the interview on Fox ( i'm sorry, i said GMA earlier), he said when he called Kelli's cell, the battery was dead but then he called again, I think he said the Monday after she went missing and it was on but went to voice mail.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1570329455001/new-details-in-case-of-missing-fort-bragg-soldier/

that could have come from the recipient of the text or from the phone records as well.

that being said, I remember how quiet the search of her apartment and car was... it was barely mentioned (and reporters were apparently not tipped off to it as there are no pictures of that search iirc).

If she had made it home, and her phone was found there...No way her apt would be cleared to allow her family to be staying there. It would be a possible crime scene. So I can only assume the phone is in the hands of LE, and that it was found other than at her residence. I am assuming she never made it home that night.

I am also assuming by the fact that they are concentrating so much effort into the direct circumference around Froggy's and going out from there that this is where they feel certain was her last place of being seen other than by Nick. If someone had been at her apt. that made "her" feel spooked, I am certain they would have come forward by now to explain how they came to be at her apt. and why. But I just don't feel this is the case. I feel she never made it home that night. What ever happened to this young lady I feel happened immediately after leaving Froggy's.

VOH, may I ask one more question? Is there a restaurant that is open all night in the are that bar folks are known to go to after "close"? I know in my town, there is a Village Inn and they actually stay open later on Friday, Saturday and Wednesday's to accommodate the "bar crowd".

Not necessarily.

Often, texts can be obtained by the phone service provider. Also, even if they haven't gotten all of the phone records and pings yet, have to take into account that LE could have had the text provided to them from the phone of the person it was sent to - i.e. the party on the receiving end.

maybe someone found the phone and doesn't know it belongs to Kelli, if that were the case, I would hope LE is all over it. IMO

Until or unless police say her phone has been found, I would not assume it has been. If something hasn't been officially said then consider whatever it is as being speculation only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member