GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with the "not having friends of the opposite sex". I have one female close friend, all the rest are males. When you are a soldier as Kelli is, or in LE or ex LE, you work closely with males and you end up with very close relationships that are purely platonic. My hubbie teases me all the time....oh your boyfriend James called. However my hubbie was my partner years ago...lol. So he knows better....lol.

VOH-

What do the bar "regulars" think happened? Did they see NH return in <10 minutes the Friday night KB went missing?
Are most "regulars" non military or military associated(current/past)? Average age and ratio male/females patrons?
How far away is the pond that was searched early last week?
The cell was pinging North of the Ramsey Street cell towers - is that by her place, pond, bar or military base?
Are you still leaning 75% towards NH involved, 25% not?

Since KB didn't plan to leave the bar at a specific time and the way we heard it was she was tired and wanted to go home, how would a coworker know exactly when and where to 'get her?' That scenario doesn't seem very likely to me unless she had texted someone her whereabouts and told them what time she was leaving. Police would have that info from her cell provder records.

The much more likely scenario is that the one person who we know for sure was with her as she left that bar was the last person to see her alive. I doubt she ever made it back to her apt complex.

I know it's tempting to think of all kinds of other scenarios that maybe/sorta/coulda happened, but usually Occam's Razor is the one to go with.

According to VOH, KB walked out of Froggy's with NH. She wasn't staggering out or drugged up and incapacitated as she walked out--she walked out--with him.

I dont think she was dropped off where nick said!!! If he was back at the bar 10 min later then i will change my opinion! :seeya:

VOH, Is there a big truckstop anywhere near or in Fayetteville? I have used a truckstop shower many a time on the road...they are not so bad. You can also do what I call birdbath inbetween in the truckstop sink. Then again you can also at times use a friends shower, but even friends left out of it. By winter truckstops are great. By summer if there is a park or water play area, they usually have showers. Been there done that, but the park ones are brrrrrrrrrrr....cold.

Since KB didn't plan to leave the bar at a specific time and the way we heard it was she was tired and wanted to go home, how would a coworker know exactly when and where to 'get her?' That scenario doesn't seem very likely to me unless she had texted someone her whereabouts and told them what time she was leaving. Police would have that info from her cell provder records.

The much more likely scenario is that the one person who we know for sure was with her as she left that bar was the last person to see her alive. I doubt she ever made it back to her apt complex.

I know it's tempting to think of all kinds of other scenarios that maybe/sorta/coulda happened, but usually Occam's Razor is the one to go with.

According to VOH, KB walked out of Froggy's with NH. She wasn't staggering out or drugged up and incapacitated as she walked out--she walked out--with him.

Agreed however there is still opportunity there the POI could have been at the bar with her or been waiting for her to return having already gone over to her house while she was out. Do we know if all the neighbors have been ruled out ? or someone else who is ner enough to see her coming and going? As I mentioned the most obvious would be NH however as I said for some reason this time i am not convinced yet that is the case but i am open to all possibities in this case.

bbm: (I just asked Mr. Nurse who is active duty LTC) he says that is not the case unless they are in the same chain of command
It is my understanding it is a lot more complicated than that.As most things are.An officer and enlisted person can have a relationship if they are in a separate command.But what the military means by relationship is what we would think of as a friendship.They can go out for drinks together,dinner,movie.However an officer can not date,marry of have a sexual relationship with an enlisted person no matter what.As a matter of fact if two enlisted persons are married and one becomes an officer it is a problem.Welcome to the world were you fight and die to protect the constitution but do not enjoy the benefits of it.

Would you ask Mr. nurse if it would be against the rules if the higher ranking person were married? I know OF someone who did get in trouble for that.

Thanks, and please know that I wasn't trying to be difficult!

It is against military code for any married soldier (legally married) to have sexual relations with another. It is even more serious if the other is a member of the military as well.

Agreed however there is still opportunity there the POI could have been at the bar with her or been waiting for her to return having already gone over to her house while she was out. Do we know if all the neighbors have been ruled out ? or someone else who is ner enough to see her coming and going? As I mentioned the most obvious would be NH however as I said for some reason this time i am not convinced yet that is the case but i am open to all possibities in this case.

We don't know anything other than what police have confirmed, which is very little. And we won't know anything until the police make some kind of announcement. And we won't know all the investigation details until a trial, unless one of the insiders talks about those details. This is how it always goes.

In the meantime there will be lots of rumors and incorrect info getting out and people will run with it and repeat it and so on and so forth.

It is my understanding it is a lot more complicated than that.As most things are.An officer and enlisted person can have a relationship if they are in a separate command.But what the military means by relationship is what we would think of as a friendship.They can go out for drinks together,dinner,movie.However an officer can not date,marry of have a sexual relationship with an enlisted person no matter what.As a matter of fact if two enlisted persons are married and one becomes an officer it is a problem.Welcome to the world were you fight and die to protect the constitution but do not enjoy the benefits of it.

there is no short answer to it. Yes, it is very complicated

VOH, Is there a big truckstop anywhere near or in Fayetteville? I have used a truckstop shower many a time on the road...they are not so bad. You can also do what I call birdbath inbetween in the truckstop sink. Then again you can also at times use a friends shower, but even friends left out of it. By winter truckstops are great. By summer if there is a park or water play area, they usually have showers. Been there done that, but the park ones are brrrrrrrrrrr....cold.

no! MOO

What is the street talk in Fayetteville regarding what happened?

If a military officer is married, yet separated and getting a divorce- can they date a single military co worker in the interim of completing legal paperwork? Or is that out too?

The way I understand it, even at that time of night there is traffic and traffic lights.

Traffic is would be considered "light" at that time of night.

If he returned, wouldn't they have asked him to pay his bar bill?

Pointdexter has been known to allow tabs of regulars to amount to a few hundred dollars. At that point, the people either pay-up or stop coming in until they save up the money to do so. The $28 may have only been part of the total tab attributed toward Nick.

I think that if Nick came back in 10 minutes he could have taken her to that abandoned house by the pond and kept her prisoner there possibly by drugging or who knows what.

The pond they searched is approximately 15-20 minutes away.

Sometimes we never know, mamamia. I read the FayObserver every morning and sometimes we never hear what actually happened. IIRC, there was a body found maybe on Saturday after Kelli had been to the bar on Friday night and I haven't seen anything else about that unless I just missed it.

:moo:

My understanding here, not fact, unrelated.

Ooohh VOH is back :) If you read back a few pages there was discussion about this quote

from this article
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-20/news/os-missing-soldier-search-kelli-bordeaux-20120419_1_divers-search-person-case-bar

Can you tell us if these witness accounts are accurate?

I'd say heed the media. They can't even concur on the distance of the pond from the bar. Secondly let's not overlook that they are reporting 20 people at the bar that night. That does not mean that 20 people were at the bar when Nick and Kelli left or when it closed. Also there has been no time range assigned to this number produced.

VOH- What do the bar "regulars" think happened? Did they see NH return in <10 minutes the Friday night KB went missing? How far away is the pond that was searched early last week? Are most "regulars" non military or military associated(current/past) patrons? What is the average age and ratio male/females patrons?

You know we only discussed theories one time. No one wanted to go first. They are in roughly the same boat as me. 75-25 on the two theories. We pretty much related our personal knowledge.

I cannot answer regarding Nick's return.

The regulars are probably a 50-50 split between military and civilian/former military.

There is no average for age range or gender. It's hit or miss. It depends on the night.

VOH, Is there a big truckstop anywhere near or in Fayetteville?

There might be something down by where 301 meets 95. I am not too familiar with it though.

It is against military code for any married soldier (legally married) to have sexual relations with another. It is even more serious if the other is a member of the military as well.

Exactly. And while I personally feel NH is the culprit, a little part of me wonders about the possibility of another POI known to her. Because it's possible for her to have had plans with someone after the bar (I used to do it at times, especially if it wasn't too late).

And IF this person was married or higher ranking in her chain of command, or even the fact that she is still married, she would have had to be discreet about it.

However, like I said in another post, I still think this would have come out by now. LE would likely have seen communication between the two, via her phone. :twocents:

ETA~ I reread what I wrote, and I wanted to add that this was when I was in the military, and it wasn't unusual for my friends and I to have other plans after we left one place. I'm not saying that I commonly snuck around with married soldiers. Just wanted to clarify. LOL

I have already dubbed him as a shady bar owner ,IMO of course, very bad what has come out about the bar and its relationship with Nick ,alot of things redflag me. I know it is NC and I am in VA but people not on the payroll behind the bar is enough to close the doors of a bar here.

Big redflag for me is Cash-only I think tax fraud. I also think ,how does he prevent loss prevention, and since Nick wasnt paying for Soda's and the beer is so cheap but the bar doesnt sound that busy all the time and the owner is more about the bar being a hobby then a bussiness ,then how is he not losing a ton of money on the bar??? So yeah very bad for this bar to be in the media because ,if I am thinking about this then other people who know what to look for in bad bussinesses and illegal activities also are thinking about these things. 20 people on a friday night lets assume the all spent 28 dollars it could vary by alot ,but we know at least one person spent nothing (Nick who didnt drink)
560.00 dollars. a DJ, bar tender ,utilies ,insurance , taxes ,alcohol. Maybe rent or more taxes. Bands...

We have alot of biker bars and honkey tonks here that are cash only also
nothing wrong with cash only.

VOH-

What do the bar "regulars" think happened? Did they see NH return in <10 minutes the Friday night KB went missing?
Are most "regulars" non military or military associated(current/past)? Average age and ratio male/females patrons?
How far away is the pond that was searched early last week?
The cell was pinging North of the Ramsey Street cell towers - is that by her place, pond, bar or military base?
Are you still leaning 75% towards NH involved, 25% not?

http://www.city-data.com/towers/cell-Fayetteville-North-Carolina.html

This will help identify the location of the cell towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BDunnam